Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 02:57   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No arm pain or anything else as yet.
I was vaccinated at about 1.20.pm. some time around 10.30 I started to feel really cold and shivering. Room is 26C! Body temperature 101.2F. Wrapped up, went to bed with room warm.

Woke up 2..20am. shivering stopped but still feverish.

I hear people have this for a couple of days. Did have stuff to do, but will have to rest up. I'm still glad I got the vaccine.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 08:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

This is a long-ish thread so I did not read all of it. But here is one observation. You can add two or more people before going for schedule option. When you click on schedule option all the check boxes against the names become active. Do not choose all and then go for combined schedule option. Then it will not show any slots.

I had to choose first my dad name and then schedule his vaccination. Then again I had to go through the same process to schedule my mom vaccination.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

My mother didn’t have any symptoms. My mother in law (who had mild covid earlier) has a 100 F fever now after being vaccinated yesterday. Both in their early 70s.

Stay well.

Quote:
I was vaccinated at about 1.20.pm. some time around 10.30 I started to feel really cold and shivering. Room is 26C! Body temperature 101.2F. Wrapped up, went to bed with room warm.

I hear people have this for a couple of days. Did have stuff to do, but will have to rest up. I'm still glad I got the vaccine.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:52   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Trust this is just a minor blip that will iron out over today/48 hours.

My mother has been fine for the last 24 hours; dad's had some uneasiness yesterday night but apparently that's gone better today morning.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:10   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Wockhardt Bombay Central is quite convenient for South / Central Bombay residents. Timing is 9am - 2pm. We got it done for my in-laws in 1 hour. If you are self driving, parking is available.

Register online on co-win site, carry your Aadhar card and you don’t need an appointment . We had been struggling for appointments in other hospitals (got something only for late March, which we were not happy with). There was a slight queue for payment (₹250) but rest was super smooth. They are using Covishield.

Of course, there is a risk that as word gets around, this changes. Do post if that happens.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You’ll do fine Thad. My dad got a fever inside 8 hours of his first shot and the fever didn’t even last the night. He’s all chirpy and fine this morning.

My mom got her first one this morning. Quite glad that they both finished the first dose.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 13:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any idea if we need to take the second shot from the same hospital/same state

I would like to know this too if anyone has any concrete information on this. Also, my father is 65 and a diabetic with other related ailments, is it safe for him to take the vaccine? We are a bit scared to be honest because of the unknown but I also believe we should go ahead. Confusing times.
Old 4th March 2021, 13:47   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, yes... A lot better today, although body temperature is still high.

A straw poll of my wife's friends seems to show a fairly even split, symptoms, no symptoms.

I wonder if we could have a poll added to this thread?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 13:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any idea if we need to take the second shot from the same hospital/same state
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I would like to know this too if anyone has any concrete information on this..
At least a note at the end of section 5 in the user manual (link in the 1st post of this thread) says it's possible, but it's anybody's guess if it really can be done or not.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-c1.jpg

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th March 2021 at 14:13.
comfortablynumb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 17:55   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, yes... A lot better today, although body temperature is still high.
Thirty hours after jab time, feeling almost normal again. At the peak of the symptoms, it was pretty rough! But hey, short-lived and worth it
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 18:59   #101
Senior - BHPian

My parents were able to download the 'Certificate' of vaccination today. The Text/Link to the certificate came in a full 2 days after my dad took him and for my mom, the text came within a few hours on the same day. The Text also specifically mentions where they took the vaccine, what time it was administered, who was the vaccinator (name and number).

Thinking through the whole process, I can imagine the difficulty in getting all this together and the process is working. That's to be appreciated.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 19:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thirty hours after jab time, feeling almost normal again. At the peak of the symptoms, it was pretty rough! But hey, short-lived and worth it
Good to know. How high was the fever when it was at its peak? And did you feel any other pains or shortness of breath?

I need to plan for the first shot. Are there any here who have got Covaxin? Any symptoms after the shot?
Old 4th March 2021, 20:28   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good to know. How high was the fever when it was at its peak? And did you feel any other pains or shortness of breath?
I had the general weird-in-the-head of fever, with some headache, some body pains, and intense shivering. I had slight tightness of the chest. Think... moderately bad flu. I think my peak temperature was 101.2F. Onset was about nine hours after the jab.

Please do not pay too much attention to this! No, it wasn't very nice, but flu itself lasts a whole week, and this is just a few hours. But it is worth knowing that your partner, or parent, might need checking on and might need some caring attention.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 22:46   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the general weird-in-the-head of fever, with some headache, some body pains, and intense shivering. I had slight tightness of the chest. Think... moderately bad flu. I think my peak temperature was 101.2F. Onset was about nine hours after the jab.

Please do not pay too much attention to this! No, it wasn't very nice, but flu itself lasts a whole week, and this is just a few hours. But it is worth knowing that your partner, or parent, might need checking on and might need some caring attention.
Thanks. A friend had called from NIMS yesterday (Govt. Hospital in Hyderabad) stating that they were allowing free walk-ins and there was hardly any queue. I got tempted as it is hardly 2 kms away, but my wife insisted that I wait for a few days till more news came in. So I had to relent.

The vaccine there was Covaxine though.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 23:03   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. A friend had called from NIMS yesterday (Govt. Hospital in Hyderabad) stating that they were allowing free walk-ins and there was hardly any queue. I got tempted as it is hardly 2 kms away, but my wife insisted that I wait for a few days till more news came in. So I had to relent.

The vaccine there was Covaxine though.
I just booked an appointment for my in-laws in Hyderabad for next Friday at Pragnya Hospital, which seemed to have many appointments available.
Aiel is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed