Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2021, 15:21   #1036
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

COWIN website just gave me a scare. I got 1st dose of my vaccine on 10th Jun. After a days rest, i thought i would try to download the certificate of vaccination. The first attempt i tried shocked me as it did not show records of my family members who were registered against my phone number. Instead it showed the first screen where it asks to add details for registering the names.

Thankfully when i logged off and in again, i was able to download the certificates. Have downloaded them now and uploaded in my google drive for additional safety in case something happens to the website.
Old 13th June 2021, 17:10   #1037
Senior - BHPian

• Vaccine: Covaxin
  • Dose: 1st Dose
  • Age Group: 18-44
  • Mode: Paid Vaccination

I got my first dose of Covaxin yesterday at a Paid Vaccination drive conducted by Sakra Hospital at Narayana eTechno School in Bellandur yesterday. They advertised saying they had sufficient stocks and claimed that they would vaccinate 75 people per hour!. Traffic was minimal and I reached the destination in no time - there were no checks anywhere despite the lockdown and I did not see cops anywhere on the way to the location.

I reached the place at around 10-15 AM in the morning and secured a token for myself. They had an Ambulance present on the site to support any emergency. Compared to the claimed speed per person, the pace was slow and I got the jab finally at 1-30 PM. I had to pay ₹1,410 for the Covaxin shot and GPay was accepted for payment. There was no prior registration on Cowin but I had filled a form for Sakra Hospital giving details of age and ID proof. There was a nurse and she checked everyone for Pulse and BP Before allowing people to proceed for vaccination.

The Jab - Did it pain?
Coming to the jab itself, it was painless, I had closed my eyes waiting for the prick and the pain to increase but was asked to move before I realized it was over . I waited about 20 minutes at the site. They had provided a classroom with good airy windows and fans running. Sat on one of the classroom benches and then moved out after 20 mins.

Any Side Effects?
Did not feel any side-effects on the day of vaccination. Today post 24 hours, I felt a bit drowsy, lethargic and dozed away for sometime in the afternoon. After waking up - I feel fine. No other side effect so far.

Here are some pictures from the vaccination drive - there was some crowding for sure but I had gone with a double mask and wore shades as a precaution:

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-1b.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-02.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-03.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-04.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-05.jpg

After coming home I logged on to Co-WIN website and was able to successfully download the vaccination certificate.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 13th June 2021 at 17:24.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 19:14   #1038
BHPian

I initially registered on the CoWin site using my PAN card number and got my first dose. Is it possible to now change the CoWin registration details to show my Passport number instead?
Old 14th June 2021, 09:37   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted today, because I got my first dose of Covishield on last Saturday at an event sponsored by my wife's organization.

I was in no hurry to get my dose of vaccine till things settled with the supply and rush. I ensured that my parents managed to get their doses and then I was sure that either of our employers will start a drive for the vaccination. My wife's organization managed it first while my employer will start this some time next week onwards.

Post vaccination symptoms:

Self: Exactly around 12 hours into vaccination, I could experience chills in my body but for brief moments but that's all. I could sleep peacefully and even woke up on a Sunday morning at 6:30 and fresh. Also could manage with some household chores with wiring and cooking lunch for my daughter.

I also had very light pain on my left arm but I realised I was able to drive around next day with no issues too.

Any medication taken: NONE

Wife: She had chills same like me in the night. But she took Dolo to be on the safer side. Next morning, she still had chills and extreme fatigue that she continued to rest till evening only after which she was back to normal.

She had quite some heavy pain in her arm (she is a lefty while I am righty) that lasted till the night of Day 1 after vaccination.

Any medication taken: Dolo 650

Today is Day 2 after our vaccination and we both are perfectly fine with no after effects. The symptoms for my parents, after both the doses were exactly same as mine with no fever, lethargy or body pain. However, my wife's sister had fever and body ache next day, something my wife feared and took precaution and popped a Dolo before sleep.

In summary, as everyone has shared their experiences, post vaccination effects vary from an individual to other. In my case, all my life, I have rarely taken a paracetamol or analgesic. I also must mention that the frequency of me catching a cold or running nose is very minimal (not even once a year) and even when I would get it, I never took any medicines and recovered without one. This is the same case with both my parents as well.

In case of my wife, she easily catches cold at least twice a year and then she takes the usual medication on need basis every time. This is the case with her other sister(s) as well. No wonder, the post vaccination symptoms for herself and her sisters have been similar while for me and my parents it was similar too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th June 2021 at 09:40.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:38   #1040
BHPian

I got my first dose of Covishield on Friday. It was organized by my workplace. I took the vaccination at around 4 pm. Here is a timeline of my side effects:

1. Till Vaccination + 24 hrs: No symptoms at all. Not even pain in the arm.

2. Vaccination + 24 hrs: Started with very bad headache and nausea. Progressed to chills and vomiting. Turns out I got indigestion. I took paracetamol but couldn't keep it down. Got fever at about 7 pm. I couldn't do anything apart from laying in bed and sipping ORS from time to time.

3. Vaccination + 36 hrs: Fever went down after intense sweating. Nausea disappeared too. Headache was still there along with slight weakness. Digestive system upset is still there. I can't drink tea/coffee or have spicy (masala laden) without stomach upset.

4. Vaccination + 48 - 60 hrs: No headaches. I still have acidity which I expect to continue for a week (Mother-in-law had the same issue with her 1st dose of Covishield).

Reading through, it seems the side effects vary a lot for Covishield. Covaxin seems to have very little side effects. My parents and father-in-law got Covaxin. They had no side effects. Wife got her 1st dose of Covaxin too. She had only mild fever and body ache.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:53   #1041
BHPian

I have completed 2 doses of Covaxin, got both of them in Apollo Chennai.

For the first dose - felt little drowsy, pain in the arm for around 36 hours.

Second Dose - It is 48 hours since it was completed. Compared to first dose, no major concerns. Even the pain in the arm is less.

Main concern was, lot of hospitals were opening only first dose for 18-44, even those who were allowing second dose, the numbers were less.

My suggestion to all those in 18-44, Covaxin second dose, start searching for the second dose from 27th day itself don't push to the end.
Arun_S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 15:55   #1042
BHPian

I had Cerebral Vein Thrombosis (CVT) 6 years back, the clot is only partially gone now. I have been advised by my neurologist to avoid Covishield as there have been blood clotting issues reported as a side effect. Should I wait for Pfizer to come to India OR take Covaxin/Sputnik V? Which one is preferred by doctors in this forum, Covaxin or Sputnik?
Old 15th June 2021, 16:07   #1043
BHPian

Got my vaccination done on the 9th June at Narayana hospital in Gurgaon and opted for Covishield.
Pretty decent experience with the arrangements.

The same night got fever which initially subsided after taking Dolo, but then flared again around 4:30 in the morning with chills accompanying it. Took one Meftal and fever stayed away till lunch, post which it came back again till and did not go down till 2:30 in the night, inspite of taking a couple of Dolo tablets in between.

All that with sore arm and body ache, fatigue etc. Had quite an effect! Was surprised to have so many of these vaccine symptoms, considering I recovered from Covid 2 months back only and hence would have natural antibodies too.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 16:46   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

One for North Bangaloreans now:

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img20210615wa0046.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 17:15   #1045
BHPian

• Vaccine: Covishield
  • Dose: 1st Dose
  • Age Group: 18-44
  • Mode: Paid Vaccination
Received the vaccine last week, June 8, 2021 at a paid vaccination center (Apollo Clinic, Chandanagar) for myself and my wife. Obtained a confirmation at 11:10 a.m. for a 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. slot and rushed to the center. We reached around 11:50 a.m. and were out by around 1:10 p.m.

The process was smooth. Social distancing was alright. To be safe, we wore two masks each, one over the other. Upon verifying the appointment confirmation, we were given the self declaration form to fill up. Thereafter, upon verification and payment, we were sent to the first floor for the vaccination.

After waiting for our turn for about 10 minutes, we were given the injection. We were asked to wait for about 20 minutes for observation.

Side effects:
Self:
After about 6 hours (around 6 p.m. that day - day 1), I had mild body aches. But, I was able to sleep well in the night.
The following day (day 2), I had pain in the arm where the injection was given.
I continued to have body aches throughout the day, but, was able to sleep well in the night.
The next morning (day 3), all was well and there were no side effects.

Wife:
My wife did not have any side effects. The following day after the vaccination (day 2), she had pain only if there was any contact in the area where the injection was given. By day 3, she did not have that either.

Medication:
Both of us did not take any medication after the vaccination.
FlashMustang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 18:09   #1046
BHPian

Vaccine: Covaxin
Dose: 1st Dose
Age Group: 18-44
Mode: Free

Got my first dose of vaccine at a health care center in Hyderabad today! I went there at around 11:15 am and came out by 11:45 am!

Along with me, my uncle, who is 66 years old, got the first dose of the vaccine as well today! The reason he took it late because he was suffering from a leg fracture that happened due to an accident few years ago! Hence, he took the vaccine late! Overall, nice experience I had with the vaccination center!

After 2-3 hours of getting vaccinated, I had pain in the arm, where the injection was given and as of now, there are no pains in the arm!

But, I took a good rest after getting vaccinated!

And, lastly, my second dose of vaccine is scheduled between July 13th-27th as I took the Covaxin!
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 18:17   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
One for North Bangaloreans now:
Thanks Parag. Have registered.
rajesh1868 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 18:59   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
And, lastly, my second dose of vaccine is scheduled between July 13th-27th as I took the Covaxin!
I'm happy about the reduced gap between doses for covaxin too! Finally managed to get a slot for this Friday, covaxin. Must admit, for a while I too fell into the 'overthinking' trap and was looking up "which is better Covax or Covishield", etc etc. Then I just thought, what the heck I've taken (or rather been given) so many vaccines at birth and since then, who had this much information and time to think about each of them in so much detail?!

Frankly, don't mind admitting that my main motivation to getting vaccinated is to be done with both shots ASAP so I can travel without having to provide covid test results each time I want to cross state borders! So, am looking forward to this Friday.

Must say been very impressed with the Cowin website. I know there were issues before, but I found it very smooth and easy to use and I've seen improvements to usability being made very often. Great job by the government on that!

Last edited by am1m : 15th June 2021 at 19:01.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 21:15   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Online registration is not mandatory for Covid-19 vaccination anymore. According to union health ministry, any adult can go to the nearest vaccination centre, perform the on-site registration and receive the vaccine during the same visit.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20210615211103.png
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 09:54   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Got the first shot of covishield yesterday morning from a private hospital here. (KIMS)

Good experience throughout.

Started getting tired and chills around 10PM. Took dolo and slept off. Slight fever remains (99).

Should i be isolating myself?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed