Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 11:23   #1141
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I just felt there are many like me, so I thought I would share my two cents.
Seeing everyone that I know getting vaccinated and being not vaccinated, there was a little fear always in the back of my mind for contacting the virus ! This doubt and FOMO made me get the covishield vaccine finally . My organization had facilitated the vaccination drive, it was really well managed, no crowding nor rush. It's been over 24 hours since I took the jab, apart from slight pain in the arm, I have not yet felt any other symptoms, thankfully ! Took a paracetamol tablet and slept overnight. I'll monitor my health today as well. My sincerest request to others, please get vaccinated and end this pandemic soon !
PS many thanks to the scientists and doctors for their efforts
Akshay6988 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 09:48   #1142
Senior - BHPian

My second Covishield dose is due on 23rd. Is it neccessary to book a slot in advance? I see the cowin website showing walk-in availability at all centres.
Old 21st July 2021, 11:55   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Got my second dose of vaccine (Pfizer) on Sunday. Started to feel tired by evening and it continued until Monday with slight arm pain. Just rested drinking lots of water but didn't take any paracetamol. By yesterday morning I was fine.
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:29   #1144
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Has anyone booked their vaccine slot via the Apollo 247 app?

It is allowing me to book the slot but I am a bit hesitant.

I have currently booked a slot via the Cowin App for 27th.

Apollo is also having a slot for the same day but it is not visible via Cowin but by their own app.

I feel that registering on their app would be like pre-registering for a walk in.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Last edited by AYP : 22nd July 2021 at 00:33.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:44   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey guys,

Has anyone booked their vaccine slot via the Apollo 247 app?

It is allowing me to book the slot but I am a bit hesitant.

I have currently booked a slot via the Cowin App for 27th.

Apollo is also having a slot for the same day but it is not visible via Cowin but by their own app.

I feel that registering on their app would be like pre-registering for a walk in.

Any inputs would be appreciated.
Paid vaccine slots sometimes don't appear on the Cowin portal. We were constantly checking the portal when my fiancée wanted to take her first dose, but all Private Hospital slots were shown as "booked" even without the booking having ever opened. Called a couple of hospitals and was told that they have ample vaccine doses available. They didn't have an answer as to why the slots were showing up as booked on Cowin in that case!

Also, since you already have a slot booked via Cowin, why do you want to book the Apollo one?
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 01:04   #1146
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Also, since you already have a slot booked via Cowin, why do you want to book the Apollo one?
Thanks man! Will call them and confirm.

I have booked a slot via Cowin for a different local hospital.

I was like, since I am anyway paying for the vaccine, I'd rather go with the best nearby hospital. I know it practically doesn't matter much but still, there is a sense of relief in getting an appointment at a good hospital.

My 1st dose was with them and the experience was good.

By the way, what was the course of action after calling them? Did you guys choose walk in?
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 01:21   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
My second Covishield dose is due on 23rd. Is it neccessary to book a slot in advance? I see the cowin website showing walk-in availability at all centres.
Always safer to book a slot in advance if available. The rush for the second dose has now begun. Hope you do well. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
By the way, what was the course of action after calling them? Did you guys choose walk in?
They asked her to arrive at the centre at a specific time. No chaos, went off seamlessly. People who had chosen to walk-in were waiting in queue for hours.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:17   #1148
BHPian

Hi All!
I am facing a issue in getting the proper vaccination certificate and need help from your experience.
I got the first dose of vaccination in the 1st week of May from one hospital but instead of putting my registered mobile number on the cowin portal, the hospital put some other number and issued the certificate through whatsapp to me. I verified the certificate on the portal and was genuine but first dose was not featured on my cowin app.
When I contacted the hospital they told me it is not the problem and I can rectify it in my second dose.
I took my second dose today at some other hospital and they informed me that my second dose will be registered as dose 1 since earlier dose was not registered. Now under correction of certificate there is a feature where I can merge two dose 1 certificate to get the final certificate but I don't know the earlier mobile number which hospital has used and neither the hospital knows.
Now how to sort out this problem? Is their any way out where I can get a final certificate showing both the doses?
Please help!
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:43   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
I got the first dose of vaccination in the 1st week of May from one hospital but instead of putting my registered mobile number on the cowin portal, the hospital put some other number and issued the certificate through whatsapp to me. I verified the certificate on the portal and was genuine but first dose was not featured on my cowin app.
When I contacted the hospital they told me it is not the problem and I can rectify it in my second dose.
Such spurious practices by hospitals are appalling. You should not have accepted a certificate issued over Whatsapp and should have taken them to task right there and then.
You will have to raise a ticket through the support section on the CoWin portal, hope this gets resolved.
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:50   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Such spurious practices by hospitals are appalling. You should not have accepted a certificate issued over Whatsapp and should have taken them to task right there and then.
You will have to raise a ticket through the support section on the CoWin portal, hope this gets resolved.
Unfortunately I never thought that this situation would occur!
I tried their customer care number but no help just passing the buck from one executive to another. Also there is no dedicated email id where I can register the complaint.
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:42   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Now how to sort out this problem? Is their any way out where I can get a final certificate showing both the doses?
Please help!
Something similar happened to my friend regarding his second dose of vaccination in Chennai. It never got updated in Cowin App, although the camp was organized with the help of Chennai Corporation. So finally he got his data updated when his wife's office conducted a vaccination camp, wherein he simply got the data updated without getting another jab.
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:52   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Please help!
I guess you can raise an issue with in the Cowin app.

Probably you can use this - > Merge Multiple Dose #1 Provisional Certificate
Old 24th July 2021, 10:00   #1153
BHPian

I tried merging feature but it requires the mobile number of first dose which i and hospital both don't know!
Old 24th July 2021, 10:20   #1154
Team-BHP Support

When it comes to record-keeping (of any sort), please always insist on everything being to your satisfaction upfront.

'Not an issue', 'easily fixable later' etc. are just different ways of saying 'when this becomes a problem, it won't be mine'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:51   #1155
Team-BHP Support

I had a strange problem when I went to get my second dose. My aadhaar was not matching with the earlier record. However, the vaccination clerk had multiple options to figure out what happened. My name was not matching.

I had fixed a problem in my aadhaar card in April, after the first dose. Government has a new rule that all corporate records has to match exactly, and names should be exactly same on Income tax records, aadhaar, import/export certificate, etc. Since my aadhaar card had a dot after my initial, it was not matching with the rest of the record. So I had to visit the local aadhaar enrollment center to remove the dot after initial.

So my 1st and 2nd dose records were not matching. However, they had another way for making it work. She took a fresh photograph on her mobile app and forced the system to accept my second dose information and match it with the old record. Yes, you need a patient and knowledgeable vaccination clerk to get it done. This was in Udupi.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks