Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 07:45   #1231
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

I took a Covishield second dose last week. Experience with first dose was terrible. I experienced high fever, headache and pain in the vaccinated area but the second dose was completely opposite. It was all normal. There was some mild pain in the vaccinated area for a couple of hours and that is it.

It was a struggle to get the first dose thankfully our office provided a mass vaccination drive for the employees. Now I believe vaccines are available in many places.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 08:19   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Took my first dose of Covishield a couple of weeks back.
Had turned positive and recovered with mild symptoms in April-May.

Day 1, 0 hrs : Nothing noticeable post vaccination at 1100hrs.
Day 1, 12-14hrs post vaccination : Woke up in the night with fever and bodyache. Pain in lower back and knees was moderate to severe. Couldn't sleep.
Day 2 : Took a paracetamol 650 at 12hr intervals but fever and body ache persisted.
Day 3 : No fever, slight bodyache and pain at injection site.
Day 4 : No symptoms

Next dose 84 days from date of vaccination.

Main impact was from 12 to 36 hours post vaccination. This was true even for friends who were in a similar situation, by the hour!
Also from anecdotal data Covishield causes symptoms in the younger age group way more than higher ages.
True even in my family, my 92yr old grandfather had zero symptoms.

The vaccine availability has greatly improved at my location, was able to easily reschedule for the next day after booking due to some rally blocking the roads.

Last edited by shancz : 26th September 2021 at 08:49. Reason: date corr
Old 27th September 2021, 12:23   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
Only goal I see for this forced Vaccination drive is to complete Health ID/Digital ID knowing what ICMR knows.

Thales went public on Digital ID or Health ID whatever you want to call it. All these Tech have your health connected to wallet(money) (IBM, Google etc).
https://www.timesnownews.com/busines...id-card/817096

Under this scheme, now every citizen in India will have a separate health ID

Key points that you should know about the digital health ID card
  • Based on the foundations laid down in the form of Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile (JAM) trinity, and other digital initiatives of the government, PM-DHM will create a seamless online platform through the provision of a wide range of data, information, and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems while ensuring the security, confidentiality, and privacy of health-related personal information.
  • The key components of PM-DHM include a health ID - unique 14-digit health identification- for every citizen that will also work as their health account. The national Health ID will be a repository of all health-related information of a person. The health ID will enable access and exchange of longitudinal health records of citizens with their consent.
  • This health account will contain details of every test, every disease, the doctors visited, the medicines are taken, and the diagnosis. This information will be very useful as it is portable and easily accessible even if the patient shifts to the new place and visits a new doctor.
  • The Health ID is created by using a person’s basic details and mobile number or Aadhaar number. Personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application, a Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR), and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR).
  • Health ID under NDHM is free of cost, voluntary. Analysis of health data will lead to better planning, budgeting and implementation for states and health programs, which should be a big cost optimizer.
I guess as voluntary as Aadhar, i.e without ID no health care ?

TeleHealth/WhatsappHealth/BotDoctor here I come, like COVID it will be just looking up combinations in WHO database
PhantomLord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:29   #1234
RYP
BHPian

After a lot of contemplation i've decided to pen down my vaccination and post vaccination experiences. Apart from close family, few friends & colleagues we haven't really shared this. Team-bhp provides a degree of personal anonymity and i'd like to keep it that way. This post is not to scare away people from taking vaccine, that was and is never my intention. I just want to share what I went through post vaccination.

I'm a 30 year old healthy adult with no history of any diseases, non smoker, teetotaler and a tad thickly built (I'm 6.2" and weigh 94 kgs) and work with a IT major in Bangalore. I read a bit about vaccine adverse effects of both Covishield & Covaxin and felt Covaxin is a safer bet among the two. I was looking forward towards vaccination and will try my luck in Co-win everyday to get a slot anywhere in Bangalore, this was during mid May- June of 2021 and vaccine availability is hit or miss. As luck would have it my employer had organized a vaccination drive on campus with Manipal and me and my wife got vaccinated with Covaxin on 3rd June.

Apart from slight arm pain on the jabbed arm (left arm) for a couple of days had no other symptoms and life went on. 23 days post vaccination, we were visiting our in-laws. I felt a throbbing pain on back of my head on the right side. It was different from the regular tension headaches we all get. Took a Dolo 650 for the pain and slept on it or atleast i tried to. Hardly slept for 30-40 mins the whole night and was just couldn't able to, because of the pain. Woke up and immediately we all decided to visit the doctor. When we were getting ready i collapsed in the bathroom. On hearing a sudden thud of me falling unconscious on the bathroom floor and not responding, my father-in-law had to break open the door to carried me to the living room and i gained consciousness after 3-4 mins.

I was shivering due to the shock but can still remember everything on the way to hospital - i handed over all my credit cards to my wife, asked her to note down all the pin nos. and sent her a copy of health insurance policy. This i got lucky being conscious, otherwise she wouldn't had access to funds and that would've been a big disaster. So keep your spouse on the loop even if they have no interest on financial dealings.

I walked into the ER at Apollo, Jayanagar. And was immediately asked to do MRI and a CT. MRI showed a blood clot in the veins (3.5cm long) which drains the blood from brain to heart which in medical terms is called as Cerebral Venous Thrombosis (CVT) and my Vitamin b12 was abysmally low. I was put in ICU for a couple of days just for precaution. Diagnosis was done with Blood thinners and b12 serum and a bunch of tests and blood work was done to figure out a reason for the clot. Once the results came, it was agreed that there were no conclusive evidence of any underlying internal factors to induce a blood clot and there is acute possibility of external factors to induce the same. In my case - VACCINE.

I was discharged after a week later. Now i'm on the road to recovery. It is not smooth. My family had to go through all of this and for what? Adverse effect of 1 in million cases is just a pointless number if it happens to you. Still i made sure my wife and mom take their second doses and i've been asked not to take vaccine by the doctor, as it may become even lethal. Now vaccine mandates are becoming common everywhere, i think my travel abroad ambitions are severely limited and have to contend with a simple life which i'm more than happy to have.

Last edited by RYP : 8th October 2021 at 14:32.
RYP is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 15:16   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
After a lot of contemplation i've decided to pen down my vaccination and post vaccination experiences.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience of an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

It is very important that these experiences be recorded and studied so that doctors can come up with a way to identify those at risk before they take the vaccine. That anti-vaxxers will use such things to push their conspiracy theories shouldn't be a reason to not highlight these things, however rare they might be. They should be studied scientifically.

Hope you recover completely soon. About travelling later- the way things are going, IMHO, in a year or two I don't see countries even asking if you were vaccinated for covid, I'm guessing the disease will be completely endemic by then, like H1N1.

Last edited by am1m : 8th October 2021 at 15:17.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:12   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
... and for what? Adverse effect of 1 in million cases is just a pointless number if it happens to you.
Yes it is. But it it is far lower than many risks. I had a medical procedure once, where a substance is injected into the blood that shows up on a CAT scan, so that blood vessels can be located. I read it up after the event, and found that there can be an adverse reaction that can be lethal: one in a thousand! Frankly, I was a bit miffed that nobody told me there was any danger!

Your experience must have been very frightening. For most of us, most of these side effects are just statistics we read. The blood-clot thing was reported just after I took my first covishield, and just before my wife took her first. It didn't change my plans.

Thank you for making the statistic real, even though it remains a very tiny risk. Your description of symptoms, too, might even save the life of another one-in-a-million person.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:36   #1237
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes it is. But it it is far lower than many risks. I had a medical procedure once, where a substance is injected into the blood that shows up on a CAT scan, so that blood vessels can be located. I read it up after the event, and found that there can be an adverse reaction that can be lethal: one in a thousand! Frankly, I was a bit miffed that nobody told me there was any danger!

Your experience must have been very frightening. For most of us, most of these side effects are just statistics we read. The blood-clot thing was reported just after I took my first covishield, and just before my wife took her first. It didn't change my plans.

Thank you for making the statistic real, even though it remains a very tiny risk. Your description of symptoms, too, might even save the life of another one-in-a-million person.
That substance is the Contrast Dye. It shows the blood flow through veins (for lack of another word) in HD. I had it done during the follow up MRI months later weirdly not on the first MRI. Everything is based on risk-reward in modern science. Rapid fall in Vitamin B12 level is the first sign of adverse effect, as B12 resources deplete Nerve damage happens which results in clot. So when in doubt get a B12 test done, its fairly cheap. Actor Vivekh had the exact same adverse effect after Covaxin and maybe because of his age he couldn't recover.
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 20:09   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...vid-19-vaccine

Finland, Sweden and Denmark had paused use of Moderna's vaccine on young people due to higher risk of myocarditis (enlargement of heart). It looks like rest of Europe may be joining these 3 countries. One commentator said "it looks like this vaccine is more deadly than the covid virus itself".

Last edited by condor : 9th October 2021 at 20:11.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 22:16   #1239
BHPian

Pune folks, I need your help. Guys, I've booked vaccination appointment for my family at DENTACARE International Polyclinic, Aundh, Pune. The issue is gmaps is not showing it's exact location nor it is giving directions. Anyone please let me know how to get there or any landmarks nearby so as to find the vaccination center easily. Thanks in advance
Old 9th October 2021, 22:44   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Pune folks, I need your help. Guys, I've booked vaccination appointment for my family at DENTACARE International Polyclinic, Aundh, Pune. The issue is gmaps is not showing it's exact location nor it is giving directions. Anyone please let me know how to get there or any landmarks nearby so as to find the vaccination center easily. Thanks in advance
Hi
Gmaps shows 202, Shree Sneh, Spicer college road,Kohinoor Aundh planet. 411007.

Is this the one you’re looking for?
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 22:50   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
The issue is gmaps is not showing it's exact location nor it is giving directions. Anyone please let me know how to get there or any landmarks nearby so as to find the vaccination center easily. Thanks in advance
This is what their FB page shows:

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20211009224511.png

Search for "Shree Sneh by Paradigm Developers" in GMaps, you will find the location.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th October 2021 at 22:52.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:17   #1242
BHPian

I need an advice. I am taking covaxin second dose today i.e. monday. On thursday i need to do a RTPCR test for travelling. Is there any chance of getting covid postive test report due to covaxin?
Old 12th October 2021, 09:24   #1243
BHPian

Well I had my second shot yesterday. Registered a day before although walk-in was also allowed. Since it was a Sunday, I thought that maybe there will be a line and so better register beforehand.

I reached the venue right on time at 11.00 am. I was the only one there in the entire center. The receptionist made a receipt and directed me to the basement where they had the vaccination booth. Went downstairs, had to sign another register and then was administered the vaccine. Came up again, confirmed with the receptionist and immediately I received the sms from Cowin.

All process done under 10 minutes and in spite of being a Sunday, I was the only one from start till I exited the hospital. I wonder if this is because of the high vaccination rate or reluctance of people to get vaccinated.

Anyway, now I am free to visit malls and such places
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 14:11   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Anyway, now I am free to visit malls and such places
But please give it two or three weeks.

To be on the safe side, act as if you had not been vaccinated.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 16:08   #1245
Senior - BHPian

^^ My wife's boss visited a mall (Ratna Fan House) to buy Ac a couple of days after his second shot. And was promptly down with Covid a week later. Severity was less though. That was in April.

He should have waited about three weeks after getting the shot.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed