Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 18:41   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

On that note, i'll just leave this here :(

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...accinated.html
Old 12th October 2021, 19:33   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
On that note, i'll just leave this here :(

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...accinated.html
Another way to look at this data:

So 93% of the population (vaccinated) contributed to 57% of the deaths. (each 1% contributing 0.61% deaths)

7% of the population contributed to 43% of the deaths. (each 1% contributing 6.14% deaths)

So the death rate of unvaccinated is roughly 10x compared to those of vaccinated.

Once we have 100% vaccination, 100% cases and 100% deaths due to Covid will be of people who are vaccinated.
antz.bin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 16:11   #1248
BHPian

I got my first dose in the first week of Mar 2021 as soon as it was opened up for the 45+ age group. I rushed up all the more just because I had been diagnosed with elevated sugar levels a few weeks earlier and had just started my medication. With the second wave in its early phases, we did not take any chance and both my wife and I got our first shot of Covishield. Since COWIN was not yet launched then, we rang up a private hospital that was offering it, fixed an appointment and got the shot. Since at that point in time the second shot was offered after 28 days, we took our second one in the 1st week of Apr.

While I had some headache and fatigue in the first 24 hrs after the first shot, wifey had just some pain in the jab area for 24 hrs. Both of us took a dolo 650 and were fine after that. The second dose had no reactions at all and we went about our routine like any normal day.

My 1st son has also got his two shots of Covishield with no major side effects. Need to see what happens to my second son who is just 17 and is waiting for the under 18 jab to be launched later this month
Old 28th October 2021, 22:48   #1249
Senior - BHPian

I would like to share my mom's (Age 69) post vaccine experience. We were staunchly against vaccination but due to lot of family weddings coming up and high chances of catching the virus due to meeting different people, we all decided (myself, wife and mom ) to take the 1st shot of Covishield on 12th Sep 21.

My mom got sick as usual just like few other people we knew. But on the 3rd day she was visibly tired and said she felt an unusual headache. All of a sudden she just fainted in front of me, but luckily I was close to her so held her before she fell to the ground. I carried her to her bed and I was totally petrified as I got no response from her for 2-3 mins. I sprinkled water on her face and was yelling her to wake up or give some response or the other. Then as I began to call my wife on the phone , my mom regained consciousness.

I took her to the hospital , we did an MRI scan , lot of blood tests and Echo. Everything was normal but she had unusually very low blood sugar and very high Blood Pressure. She is not diabetic as she has her diet under control by avoiding sugars and carbohydrate.

But due to her high BP , the cardiologist has administered some medicines. For her low sugar , she has to start eating more carbohydrates and started eating more white sugar to keep her sugars levels in check. She never had such issues before and all this started only after the vaccination. Now I am really worried about her and can't leave her alone. We are still monitoring her situation and I hope nothing worse happens.

She gets really tired if she does any work and then her sugar drops badly and she takes a ton load of sugar right now. The low sugar level is also lethal if not controlled and has its own set of problems. I did some online research and I can find out foreigners with the same kind of symptoms after taking different branded vaccines. You can check the comments on this link. https://tcoyd.org/2021/03/what-to-do...#comment-55372

I have not heard about this problem from any of my friends older family members nor relatives , so I think my mom has also fallen in that 1% of affected population due to the vaccination. Anyways this is not to scare anyone but my mom and myself won't be taking the second dose again. We will just try to avoid family functions and crowds till this virus menace disappears.
stanjohn123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 08:06   #1250
BHPian

US Delays Approval For Moderna Covid Vaccine In Teenagers

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-d...nagers-2595182
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:56   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally COVAXIN has been approved for EUL by WHO.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20211103175449.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd November 2021 at 18:20.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 13:14   #1252
BHPian

Took the second dose today. However the batch number mentioned is the same as the last time !! The person who verified previous certificate copied the previous batch number?
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 17:42   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Took the second dose today. However the batch number mentioned is the same as the last time !! The person who verified previous certificate copied the previous batch number?
I got my vaccination through a camps arranged by my employer - and there was a similar situation for me as well.

First dose was early June, second dose in late August. The batch number on the second dose was lower than the batch number on the first dose.

Not sure what's going on there. But in any case, I've continued my precautions, we're still WFH so I still keep isolated as far as possible and masks everywhere.
Old 25th December 2021, 22:07   #1254
Distinguished - BHPian

Our PM Shri Narendra Modi just addressed the nation regarding the Covid scene and vaccination plan. 15-18 years to be vaccinated from 3rd January 2022. Booster doses (precautionary dose as per our PM) for healthcare workers from 10th January 2022. Booster dose (precautionary dose) for people above 60yrs with co-morbidities. Details about this should be available in a few days I guess.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 20:26   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
15-18 years to be vaccinated from 3rd January 2022.
Got my first dose of the vaccine today (Covaxin) after months of waiting for approval. Surprisingly seamless and managed nearly entirely by the school+state health centre. Too early to comment on symptoms (I'm also usually terrible at knowing when I have a fever) so I'll vote after a few days, but I'm glad I could finally get the vaccine. Next dose due in early February.

Last edited by ron178 : 4th January 2022 at 20:33.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 22:39   #1256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
15-18 years to be vaccinated from 3rd January 2022.
That finally qualified my 15 year old autistic son to take the vaccine. However, I was wondering about the practicality of standing in a long line and getting consideration for his special needs. He won't co-operate and take the injection like a normal kid.

But we were lucky. My apartment association arranged for vaccination drive yesterday for all the 15-18 group within our apartment club house. So I requested for special consideration since everyone in the organizing committee were familiar with my son's condition. They told us to come after everyone was done. No lines, he could sit where he felt comfortable, and I sat next to him. The nurse came to where he was, and I just had to hold him tight when the jab was given. He sat there for another 30 minutes eating the chips and we came home. There will be another drive in 30 days for the next dose. A task I was thinking to be very difficult got done easily. What a relief...

He has had no reaction. We gave him a dolo last night nevertheless.
Samurai is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 00:15   #1257
BHPian

Is there any clarity yet whether the booster dose will be of the same vaccine that one has taken before or are they experimenting with another vaccine this time around? For e.g. If one has taken Covishield, will the booster now be of Covaxin, or Covishield itself.

Asking because there was a lot of hullabaloo in between regarding efficacy increasing if both vaccines were administered a.k.a Vaccine Cocktail.
Old 5th January 2022, 17:10   #1258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That finally qualified my 15 year old autistic son to take the vaccine.
Good to hear. Early on 1st January, I also dragged our (newly christened) 18 year older son for his first Covishield dose, and on 3rd January the similarly new 15 year old for his Covaxin.

Older one suffered much more with a couple of Dolos required. Younger one was blissfully unaware and needed nothing

Relatives and friend were completely astonished / unbelieving at my sudden urgency. Each to their own, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Is there any clarity yet whether the booster dose will be of the same vaccine that one has taken before or are they experimenting with another vaccine this time around?
No mixing, clarified just now: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/boos...-ndtv_bigstory
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 17:22   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend who emigrated to the UK in early 2020 got his 3rd shot there recently. Even though he's under 50 and it hasn't been 9 months since he got his second dose. He also recently got covid, even after that, but says it was very very mild, just a runny nose and he's pretty sure the booster helped.

Anyway, at least they have started it for doctors and those above 60 here. My mom is 80 and a doctor, she's been seeing patients (patients related to her specialty, not covid-cases) right through the pandemic and it's been almost 10 months since she received her last dose. About time they are covered with a booster! With no shortage of vaccines now here I don't understand why booster doses were not authorized last year itself. But of course no one in the media will ask those questions about proven scientific methods, will just keep on printing what the politicians say about night curfews and other such brilliantly effective measures!

Last edited by am1m : 5th January 2022 at 17:26.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 00:11   #1260
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Vaccine question:
Cowin goes by year of birth so my daughter is now considered 18 and can choose one of the approved vaccines on the portal while scheduling the appointment - Covishield/Covaxin/Sputnik.

However, in reality she is several months away from actually turning 18 so I'm thinking if Covaxin is the better option ?

As per the government approval, it's only Covaxin for 15-17 year olds and the reason given is that the data shows Covaxin to be the better one and safe for that age group.

Please share your thoughts.

Last edited by NPV : 7th January 2022 at 00:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks