Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 285 49.91%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 241 42.21%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.18%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 08:09   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
There's only 1 private hospital in my city providing "precaution dose" for COVAXIN @386Rs. So, i called them up yesterday to enquire and they said they need atleast 10 people to gather for the vaccine to be opened and administered.

Is this true? and what if the said amount of people cannot gather on that day, will i need to come back home without getting jabbed?
Same experience for me when I got the booster last month. They called me thrice to confirm my booking (all on the previous day). Maybe most guys aren't interested. I could hardly see 5 guys.

Also, for the first dose the hospital gave priority to the vaccination program and it was very quick. But this time, it took me 20 mins to find the spot and it was in one corner of their old building . None of their staffs knew the exact spot.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 08:54   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Maybe most guys aren't interested. I could hardly see 5 guys.

Also, for the first dose the hospital gave priority to the vaccination program and it was very quick. But this time...
This is unfortunate. We are quick to bring back 'mandatory' masks and all the other regulations, which given the way they are really implemented/practiced on the ground are practically useless in containing spread, but just hassle people. But we don't give priority to the one thing that has proved to work, vaccination. Unless of course we are in the middle of a wave- then the vaccination centers will see a big rush!

Typical example are some of my elderly relatives. They were eligible early on because of their age, and that time vaccination centers were uncrowded, but hesitated because they weren't sure about the vaccine. Then after getting covid (asymptomatic) they changed their minds. But by that time people had been spooked by the second wave and the centers were fully booked for days. So finally they got both doses. But now when they are eligible for the booster dose- they're not bothered again! Now I guess they will start getting spooked again because of the "4th wave" and will want to get it done. Why can't we be proactive instead of reactive for once.

Anyway I'm getting my booster as soon as I'm eligible.

Last edited by am1m : 27th April 2022 at 09:03.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:00   #1293
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the current status of approval and availability of Covovax as 1st dose for 12-17 year old kids and also as a booster (3rd) dose for adults who have had two doses of Covishield earlier?

Covovax shows up in COWIN app for kids, but there is no availability to book:

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-covovaxcowinapp2.png

Last edited by vb-san : 2nd May 2022 at 14:10. Reason: As requested
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:31   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My third dose of vaccine falls due on 26th March and I have received a reminder sms from the government. My wife and I took our second dose on the same day but since she is not yet 60, she can't receive the vaccine now. I checked with the hospital.

Can I wait till she too becomes eligible and then both of us take on the same day? What is the maximum period after second dose one can wait before taking the booster? I am not very keen to take it now under the prevailing situation and would like to take if the case counts start going up. Will that be alright?

Doctors in the forum please clarify.
Now that everyone over 18 years of age are eligible for the booster, my wife and I booked through the Cowin site and took the vaccine at the Rela Institute in our area on payment basis, on 23rd April. It was a very smooth process. Just about 10 people were waiting at any given time, they check the online booking to ensure whether we had Covishield or Covaxin for the previous doses. They also check with us orally. Both vaccines are available and administered.

We were in and out in about twenty minutes. I paid Rs 775 for both of us. When we took the second dose at the same place, it was Rs 775 each. I don't know whether the vaccine price has dropped or the quantity of vaccine for the booster is less.

My wife had arm pain on that day and the next. No fever or headache. I had absolutely nothing, not even pain at the injection site.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 19:09   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Covovax shows up in COWIN app for kids, but there is no availability to book
Corbevax that has been available for 12-15 since March 16 does not show up in Cowin either Meanwhile my 12-year old had both her jabs done at school.

So you might see camps done at school once they reopen next month. Just make sure the kid give the mobile number, this way they make the entry in Cowin.
Old 7th June 2022, 21:21   #1296
BHPian

Any experience/ information on mixing the vaccine for the booster dose? I had 2 doses of Covisheild and now eligible for the booster dose. Thinking if I should get the Covaxin
Old 7th June 2022, 21:25   #1297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't know whether the vaccine price has dropped or the quantity of vaccine for the booster is less.
Prices of the vaccine have been slashed. I paid almost as same as you for Covaxin for wife and myself.
Old 8th June 2022, 03:45   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Any experience/ information on mixing the vaccine for the booster dose? I had 2 doses of Covisheild and now eligible for the booster dose. Thinking if I should get the Covaxin
I read something about two of one and one of another being good. I can't provide a source, or vouch for the info in any way: can only suggest further googling, as I think some research has been done now.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:08   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I read something about two of one and one of another being good. I can't provide a source, or vouch for the info in any way: can only suggest further googling, as I think some research has been done now.
As of now, mixing of covaxin and covishield vaccines is not allowed. The precaution dose is of the same one as the 1st and 2nd doses. Though Corbevax got approval as first mix and match booster vaccine few days ago, I am not able to book corbevax in cowin as precution dose as of now.

Last edited by Nimalan : 8th June 2022 at 09:16.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:54   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
The precaution dose is of the same one as the 1st and 2nd doses.
Yes, I booked my booster/3rd/precaution/whatever-the-govt-calls-it dose and didn't have a choice- need to stick with whatever you got for the first 2 doses.

Last edited by am1m : 8th June 2022 at 09:55.
Old 8th June 2022, 19:24   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Indeed, we do not have a choice.

Having said that, I don't rule out individuals finding ways to have one, if they really want to try!
Old 9th June 2022, 10:28   #1302
BHPian

Got my booster shot of Covishield yesterday. Usual soreness at the point of the injection but nothing unexpected.

It was some random clinic 500m away from my house and walked in to find that it was a fertility clinic! Jokes aside, it was a quick affair and was out in 5 minutes.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:18   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Got my 3rd dose- Covishield, paid, private hospital. No soreness, no reaction, no problem. Hopefully, that will be the end of this.

Was in and out in 10 mins. No one else there at all, but that might be because it was a private hospital and the charges for the vaccine were higher than what other places are charging. The staff mentioned that about 20-30 people showed up everyday for the 3rd dose.

Stopped by at a relative's place on the way back. They have elderly people at home who were hospitalized just last year (just as a precaution) because they tested positive for covid (asymptomatic). Only after that did they agree to take the 2 shots of the vaccine, even though they had been eligible long before. And now, when they have been eligible for the 3rd dose, of course they are not bothered. But they are still "worried about covid". Funnily enough though, they had invited some people over for a religious ceremony.

And this is why, as a country we will continue to repeat the same drama the next time this happens.

Last edited by am1m : 14th June 2022 at 10:20.
Old 14th June 2022, 10:46   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And this is why, as a country we will continue to repeat the same drama the next time this happens.
I do not know which country is better. I took third dose last week, still wear mask outside.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:50   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not know which country is better. I took third dose last week, still wear mask outside.
I didn't mean other countries were better (or worse). Poor choice of words on my part perhaps. Just conveying my frustration about my elderly relatives not getting their third dose despite having gone through what they did last year. And because if there is a 4th wave scare and the vaccine centers get crowded again, guess who will be pressurized to run around between vaccine centers for them, just like last time.

That's all it was, please let's not take this discussion into country comparisons that I didn't intend.

Last edited by am1m : 14th June 2022 at 10:53.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed