Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2021, 11:27   #766
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Did you check under the option BBMP under District? That's where most of the paid ones appear.

KK
Thank you for this bit of info; and no, I had not selected BBMP, I had merely tried with my pin code and then for Bangalore Urban.

I tried now with BBMP and it did show some private facilities. Of course, they were all booked, but I was able to see them nevertheless. So, once again thank you

Cheers
Old 14th May 2021, 19:20   #767
BANNED

Both my wife and I are 65+. We had our two shots of Covishield.

The first time it was Narayana Superspeciality. The second was in our colony. Registration was not an issue.

Only precaution - three Paracetamols. An hour before, and four after on day one. One tablet on day 2. Another if needed.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 19:45   #768
Senior - BHPian

I got the much coveted vaccination slot for 18-45 finally for 12th May, some websites like under45 did help in the process but one needs to be quick as the slots vaporise really fast.

Did not want to go to a hospital for vaccination in the present scenario and thankfully for us in Delhi, the government has set up the camps at schools where you can go and get your shot. My slot was 3-5 PM but i reached early around 2:30 PM, was surprised that i got the shot within 5 minutes of reaching the venue. Mandatory 30 mins observation and i was sent home. The facility was beautifully managed with no rush, coolers, tents and disposable water cups for the public and well spaced out arrangements for the crowd.

I got jabbed with COVISHIELD around 3 PM, came home, had a paracetamol and had absolutely nothing till 10 PM, it was then i could feel the chills and fever came in at around 100.2. Popped a paracetamol, went to sleep and woke up midnight around 3 AM with fever at 102, chills and severe pain in my back and legs. Fever came and went the entire day on 13th and it was only from 14th morning that i started feeling better. Just a sore arm now.

I had consulted my doctor and he said some people have more side effects as compared to others and it's nothing to worry unless the fever does not go away. Since the interval is being increased now, i just hope the post vaccination symptoms are milder the next time. I have not experienced such body pain and high fever in years. Recent studies indicate that even the first dose reduces the death rate by upto 80% so i hope the pain was worth it.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 06:55   #769
BHPian

Seems there has been an update in the Cowin portal -

- It is shwoing as Covishield by default, i had not selected any vaccine as a choice.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-1122.png

- Another weired thing if there are more members under the same registration it was allowing to select multiple before proceeding to check availablity (till yesterday at least), but now as soon as I select one name it is proceeding without allowing the second selection . First of all vaccines slots are not available, on top of that if we cannot select family memebers for the same slot, then it is very difficult.

Can someone confirm if these updates?

- Also noticed that Sputnik V is available as an option.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 16th May 2021 at 06:58.
Old 16th May 2021, 07:21   #770
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Had forgotten to mention, but I'd like to add here that I paid Rs 1350 for Covaxine second shot, three days back (At Manipal, Airport Road). It has moved up the price bracket, So maybe that's the reason
Quote:
Seems there has been an update in the Cowin portal - It is shwoing as Covishield by default, i had not selected any vaccine as a choice.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 09:22   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is shwoing as Covishield by default, i had not selected any vaccine as a choice.
The state Covid Task force has decided that Covaxin will no longer be offered as a choice for the first dose. It will be reserved only for those waiting for their second doses.

And that the first dose of vaccine (Covishield only) being administered in Government centres will be exclusively for 45+.

Also that the vaccination centres will be moved out of hospitals and relocated in schools, colleges, playgrounds etc so as to avoid congestion and cross-infection.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 09:27   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, Had forgotten to mention, but I'd like to add here that I paid Rs 1350 for Covaxine second shot, three days back (At Manipal, Airport Road). It has moved up the price bracket, So maybe that's the reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The state Covid Task force has decided that Covaxin will no longer be offered as a choice for the first dose. It will be reserved only for those waiting for their second doses.

And that the first dose of vaccine (Covishield only) being administered in Government centres will be exclusively for 45+.

Also that the vaccination centres will be moved out of hospitals and relocated in schools, colleges, playgrounds etc so as to avoid congestion and cross-infection.
Thanks Sebring and dailydriver.

My biggest grouse is not the choice of vacccine, but this change in the booking process - with this change there is no way anyone can book slots of the same hospital / same time for two people of the family, as by the time we book one and blink the slots will be gone.

Quote:

- Another weired thing if there are more members under the same registration it was allowing to select multiple before proceeding to check availablity (till yesterday at least), but now as soon as I select one name it is proceeding without allowing the second selection . First of all vaccines slots are not available, on top of that if we cannot select family memebers for the same slot, then it is very difficult.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 10:26   #773
BHPian

Reading all the comments above, I wonder if Government will be willing to sell the vaccines online so that all the IT savvy crowd can get their vaccines at home and leave the slots for the less privileged. Yeah, but wondering if taking an injection at home is a common man's cup of tea!
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 10:31   #774
Senior - BHPian

It's very easy. I administer my mom's shots. If they leave it to Amazon and FK these shots will be distributed in a day's time
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Yeah, but wondering if taking an injection at home is a common man's cup of tea!
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:08   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It's very easy. I administer my mom's shots. If they leave it to Amazon and FK these shots will be distributed in a day's time
However with the huge gap between demand and supply, this is a recipe for hoarding and black marketing...

Also, vaccine has additional requirements on maintaining low temperature at all times during storage and transit. Amazon and Flipkart don't have those logistics yet.
rjainv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 13:01   #776
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*

Can someone confirm if these updates?

*SNIP*
Yes, I noticed the same thing this morning. Ridiculous decision.

I also noticed that the due date for the second dose now shows 12 weeks from first dose instead of 6 weeks as it did until yesterday - so now, my due date moved from tomorrow to 43 days from today.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2021, 16:19   #777
BHPian

Today (16-May) - the slots have not been opened up since morning.

There is a single message in Under45 at around 6:30am and that's it. Any idea on why so!?
Old 17th May 2021, 16:16   #778
Team-BHP Support

Can someone please explain why this is happening.

When I am logged in:
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-logged-.jpg

When I am NOT logged in:
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-not-logged-.jpg

EDIT: A friend pinged me that this is because the logged in screen could be filtered for "First Dose".

Last edited by bblost : 17th May 2021 at 16:35.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 16:44   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Can someone please explain why this is happening.

When I am logged in:
Attachment 2157026

When I am NOT logged in:
Attachment 2157027

EDIT: A friend pinged me that this is because the logged in screen could be filtered for "First Dose".

Not just that, when you are not logged in, you are looking at results fetched by public/unauthenticated API. Same is used by majority of bots out there and to reduce server load, these results are cached and stale by upto 30 mins.

When you login, you see the most recent results ( could still be stale by few seconds - in case you are competing in fastest fingers first race).
rjainv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 08:42   #780
BHPian

Took the first jab of Covaxin 3 days back. Was lucky enough to get a slot booked (18-44 age group) just the previous evening before they were gone in seconds. Telegram alerts from under45.in really helped!

The vaccination process was smooth with people queueing up patiently in an organized manner. Took the jab and was asked to wait for 5-10 mins and leave. Wasn't given any further instructions. I guess at this point of time, most people already know about any possible side-effects and to keep paracetamol handy in case of fever or body ache.

Didn't get any side effects other than the customary ache at the place of jab.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks