Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 20:54   #1171
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Are there any places in Pune where Sputnik vaccine is being given?

All the places, including my workplace seems to be providing Covishield. Nothing against it other than the big 84 days gap between the two doses.
Old 31st July 2021, 21:08   #1172

I had my first shot of Covaxin at Apollo Hospital, Belapur on Monday, cost me 1410 rupees, it took me around 1 hour for the whole process including the 30 minutes observation period, had pain in the my upper arm for about a day, my wife had pain in the whole arm and back for 2 days and 99 fever for an hour. The queues for Covishield were much longer and it was crowded though arrangements were good. If anyone plans to go to Apollo please carry a pen to fill their form.
KSPatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 22:52   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

I took Sputnik V 1st dose on 28th July and my dad took the Sputnik V 2nd dose today.

No side-effects as of now. Only minor pain at the point of injection has been experienced by both of us.

Registration at Cowin was smooth and fuss free.

I took my 1st dose from Woodlands, Kolkata. Heavily mismanaged crowd & took nearly 1.5 hours for the whole thing.

My dad took at Apollo Clinic in City center 1, Kolkata. It was smooth organised and took approximately 30 minutes.

My Duster got vaccinated too!

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-223310036_6171106856294489_216492158675814956_n.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 31st July 2021 at 22:53.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 23:43   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I took Sputnik V 1st dose on 28th July and my dad took the Sputnik V 2nd dose today.

I took my 1st dose from Woodlands, Kolkata. Heavily mismanaged crowd & took nearly 1.5 hours for the whole thing.

My dad took at Apollo Clinic in City center 1, Kolkata. It was smooth organised and took approximately 30 minutes.
Couldn't agree more. I took the first dose of Sputnik V from Apollo Clinic @CC1 on 8th July & 2nd Dose from Woodlands on 31st July. Main issues I faced in Woodlands were:

1: They were not honoring Cowin registration. They didn't even check if people have booked slot and asking to fill form in Q. During my first dose @Apollo, the booking was done through BookMyShow and was organized properly.

2: There was a huge delay after filling the form and paying for the vaccine. In Apollo it was prepaid through BookMyShow, so no downtime for payment.

3: Woodlands is having a makeshift facility for vaccination and not their original hospital. On a weekend like today the facility didn't have enough space for the number of people who turned up and social distancing went for a toss. Not to speak about the unruly behavior of the people and the chaos that followed.

4: It took me over 2hrs 30 mins to complete the process vs 15 mins in Apollo.

5: No parking space near the vaccine center vs plethora of space in CC1.

6: Woodlands were updating the vaccinated status as soon as they get payment, even before vaccination is done. Also name of the person doing vaccination is not proper. In Apollo status is updated after giving vaccine only with proper vaccinated by name.

In one word avoid this place at all cost. People are flocking there due to the brand name of Woodlands, however they seem not to bother with lives of people coming for vaccination and giving them a good experience for the premium charged.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-1.jpg

Last edited by Samfromindia : 31st July 2021 at 23:49.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 00:37   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Sahyadri Hospital Hadapsar provides Sputnik, you can check there.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 07:51   #1176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
But I do know my mother's dermatologist did not take the vaccine nor did anyone in his family. He even advised me not to vaccinate my parents, both well in to their 80's.
Whether or not deaths are directly linked to vaccine shots, there are certainly doctors who are advising people not to take the vaccine. Have come across a few instances within the family circle.

Personally I think that's unfortunate, but I'm not a doctor and perhaps that advice was given considering the medical history of the patient.

But I also know a doctor who did change his advice after an elderly patient and a much younger one whom he initially advised not to get vaccinated got covid and had to be hospitalized. And when the other elderly person in that house tested positive but did not show symptoms and did not need to be hospitalized. Probably because she had received both shots long ago.

So yes, it's a numbers game. All vaccinations are. The number of adverse reactions should certainly be published and studied. They should not be brushed aside. Perhaps we'll learn more about the specific conditions that increase a person's chances of a reaction to the vaccine. But that should also be weighed against the overall data and not in the way the newspapers are doing it now, with panic-inducing headlines.

Last edited by am1m : 1st August 2021 at 07:58.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:34   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The number of adverse reactions should certainly be published and studied. They should not be brushed aside. Perhaps we'll learn more about the specific conditions that increase a person's chances of a reaction to the vaccine. But that should also be weighed against the overall data and not in the way the newspapers are doing it now, with panic-inducing headlines.
I have been wishing to say this but been reluctant to say for some time. It is sort of clear that vaccination is not going well for a small percentage of people. I'm certainly not against vaccines, in fact I myself have taken the first dose of Covishield already and had no major issues whatsoever. But I happen to read several stories of how vaccine has been detrimental to some people. The realisation hit me harder when one of my close relative was admitted to the hospital due to severe health issues after taking her 2nd dose. Even during the first dose, she had very high fever and pain in body however the second dose had an effect on her organs as well.

Well, I understand launching a vaccine in a short span of time could have issues and we cannot forgo our efforts to save the larger humanity for such rare occurrences. However, what bothers me is, despite such reactions to some people, the government, hospitals or the vaccine producers are not taking enough interest to study the reason behind it's failure. To state my relative's example here, the doctor said that they did indeed find a similar reaction to vaccine for someone else too. But they straightaway said it is better we don't publicise it for the larger good and not go against the government's effort to vaccinate everyone. Despite having 2 different cases, they decided to close down the incident without any further investigations.

Last edited by logicalidiot : 1st August 2021 at 09:35.
logicalidiot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:58   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
But they straightaway said it is better we don't publicise it for the larger good and not go against the government's effort to vaccinate everyone. Despite having 2 different cases, they decided to close down the incident without any further investigations.
That is completely wrong. They should report the incidents with all the data so it can be studied and any patterns can be established.

That has been done in the case of even well-established vaccines like the polio vaccine. It is unfortunate that the 'larger good' these days implies supressing information. That will only lead to 'whisper campaigns' that will end up doing more to undermine the vaccine effort than being transparent with the data and numbers.

But then again, being transparent, educating the public with the science instead of coercing, and trusting people to do the correct thing is not something any government in the world, and as we've seen during this pandemic anyone in any petty position of authority however small, is traditionally good at doing!

Last edited by am1m : 1st August 2021 at 10:01.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:52   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Whether or not deaths are directly linked to vaccine shots, there are certainly doctors who are advising people not to take the vaccine. Have come across a few instances within the family circle.

Personally I think that's unfortunate, but I'm not a doctor and perhaps that advice was given considering the medical history of the patient.
I had asked my mother to not take vaccination before she consults the doctor and also until either me or my sister is around. Her doctor suggested her to not take it until he recommends and she is still not vaccinated. I feel that is the ideal thing to do for senior citizens rather than just getting it done.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 17:27   #1180
BHPian

I had taken my first dose of Covishield towards the end of May, second dose is due later this month.
Problem is that the mobile number used for the first dose has been deactivated, other number which I have will allow me to officially book only for the 1st dose again. I spoke to cowin helpline executive and they told that you can take another 1st dose certificate and later merge the two. I'd like to know from the forum members if anyone has done a certificate merge before and how is the process. Hope I'll not need any OTP or something sent on my 1st phone number as that has been deactivated.

Another doubt I have is more of a medical doubt, is there a difference in the contents of the vial mean for 1st and 2nd dose respectively, or is it the same vaccine which is injected both the times in your body. Cause officially I'll be getting the 1st dose again whereas actually it'll be my 2nd dose, so do I need to mention this to the medical professional administering the dose or it doesn't really matter.
Old 5th August 2021, 20:18   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post

Another doubt I have is more of a medical doubt, is there a difference in the contents of the vial mean for 1st and 2nd dose respectively, or is it the same vaccine .
For Covishield, it is the same vaccine given for 1st or 2nd dose. The Russian Sputnik vaccine has different 1st and 2nd doses. They are even color coded.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 13:55   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Johnson & Johnson's single dose vaccine is approved for emergency use in India.

Source : Mansukh Mandaviya (MOH)
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 14:54   #1183
BHPian

My Sister and I got fully vaccinated with Covaxin in June and the only symptom after the jab was severe pain in the left hand and chest for me, and mild pain in the hand for my sister.

Parents got fully vaccinated with Covishield just a week back and they had no noticeable symptoms except feeling of constant tiredness and mild pain for a few days.

Now, time for the varied experiences i had visiting these centre's:

Covaxin Dose1 (Free)
: My sister and I went to Ghansali in Tehri District which is roughly 170kms from our home and made for a fun journey with almost nil traffic and smooth hilly roads . Got stopped midway numerous times on police checkposts. The staff there treated us like their children and did not let us get up even a minute before 30 plus strict instructions to call if symptoms become severe and we were handed two tablets of paracetamol each.

Covaxin Dose2 (Free): Got a slot near our home (UPHC Deepnagar, 6kms) and we reached the centre before time. The staff was rude as if they were doing us a favor, no need to sit for 30 minutes, no paracetamol, no indication on what to do if symptoms become severe. Truly an experience I'd like to forget.

Covishield Dose1 (Paid): Mum and Dad went to nearby Apollo health centre and as per them the experience was the usual affair.

Parents got infected with covid-19 in between and are thankfully doing fine now.

Covishield Dose2 (Free): Booked a slot for Mum and Dad near our home (UPHC Khurbura, 2-3kms) and as usual we reached on time. It was so crowded and there was no social distancing whatsoever. People with online slot booking as well as walk-ins were present and the people who've booked the slot were prioritized. The staff was overworked maybe and despite showing him (the person who was in charge of bookings) the booked slot, he kept on asking where? where? After giving him an earful, the booked slot magically appeared L-O-L. They didn't bother monitoring anyone for 30 minutes rather let people sit for 10 minutes after the jab and then asked them to leave. No paracetamol or any contact provided in case symptoms get severe.

I guess the staff are overworked and stressed as well and i shouldn't be too harsh on them as the most important thing is to get vaccinated for your safety as well as others.

P.S I went to donate blood a week back and told the doctor before hand about my vaccination, they asked me about the vaccine and date of 2nd dose and wrote it down on their form before giving me the green signal to go ahead and donate.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 02:23   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Sahyadri Hospital Hadapsar provides Sputnik, you can check there.
Thanks for the lead. I checked in the Cowin link within Aarogya Setu app. It is available as 2nd dose only. Since I have not taken the 1st dose, it will not work for me.
Old 8th August 2021, 03:45   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post

All the places, including my workplace seems to be providing Covishield. Nothing against it other than the big 84 days gap between the two doses.
What age group are you looking at? You can try Columbia Asia hospital in Kharadi. The slots were easily available for dose 1 when I checked last week.

I can still see a few slots for the 45+ age group for Sunday (8 Aug) and Tuesday (10 Aug) for dose 1. Attaching screenshots of the same below.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_202108080341512.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_202108080339342.jpg
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks