Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 11:25   #1276
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

My mother's first 2 doses of vaccination were done when we were in Andhra Pradesh. Now we are in our home town in Kerala and a couple of days back I had received a call from the Govt hospital where the vaccination was done. The person was speaking in Telugu and I am not proficient in it. What I understood was - she asked me if vaccination has been completed for all and I replied yes.

Now today I receive an update from CoWin saying that the certificate for booster dose is ready. I checked and actually, the booster vaccination certificate is available when she has not taken it. The hospital has updated the records saying they did for her.

Now, what can be done?
I checked cowin site and there is a provision to revoke vaccination status.

As per the guidelines we can revoke fully vaccinated to partially and partially to fully. There is no update on the booster dose. So I checked the process but when I click raise an issue > select member, it does not list her name but provides mine.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? Their helpline number is not working. Maybe I will try tomorrow as today is Sunday
Old 14th March 2022, 14:01   #1277
Distinguished - BHPian

Vaccination for 12-14 year age group and precaution dose for everyone above 60 age group to start from 16th March as tweeted by our Health Minister.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20220314140051__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:56   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
My mother's first 2 doses of vaccination were done when we were in Andhra Pradesh. Now we are in our home town in Kerala and a couple of days back I had received a call from the Govt hospital where the vaccination was done. The person was speaking in Telugu and I am not proficient in it. What I understood was - she asked me if vaccination has been completed for all and I replied yes.
An update on this:
I had managed to raise a ticket with CoWIN but nothing happened till last week when I saw that on CoWIN site, her booster record was missing. I was frequently checking to see if there were any updates.

I was planning to get her the booster in a couple of days when I again get an SMS saying the booster dose has been done successfully and I can download the certificate. The hospital had again updated this. On some inquiries, I figured out that the hospital administered boosters to many but due to some glitch, they could not update the details properly. So they went ahead and updated some random number of people to whom they had given the first 2 doses.

This time, the site had fixed the earlier issue and the vaccine revoke option was present now. I tried this and it was successfully revoked. The next day morning, I took her to a nearby hospital and finally managed to give the booster and get a proper certificate.
Old 14th March 2022, 16:55   #1279
Senior - BHPian

When should one ideally have the third (booster) shot? I am 60+ and will complete 9 months after second shot on 28th March. Some people say it can be had between 9 - 12 months.
Old 23rd March 2022, 16:40   #1280
Senior - BHPian

My third dose of vaccine falls due on 26th March and I have received a reminder sms from the government. My wife and I took our second dose on the same day but since she is not yet 60, she can't receive the vaccine now. I checked with the hospital.

Can I wait till she too becomes eligible and then both of us take on the same day? What is the maximum period after second dose one can wait before taking the booster? I am not very keen to take it now under the prevailing situation and would like to take if the case counts start going up. Will that be alright?

Doctors in the forum please clarify.

Last edited by Gansan : 23rd March 2022 at 16:45.
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:02   #1281
BHPian

What exactly is this third dose supposed to provide?

Would this complete the course, or we are looking at an yearly/quarterly booster?

Is there any research done around that, or they are simply hoping that a third dose will finally seal it?
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:14   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
What exactly is this third dose supposed to provide?
Extra immunity. Or, the same amount as it was hoped the two doses would provide/

Quote:
Would this complete the course, or we are looking at an yearly/quarterly booster?
Nobody knows. I think there is talk, in USA, of a fourth shot already.
Quote:
Is there any research done around that, or they are simply hoping that a third dose will finally seal it?
Situation ongoing. As, frankly, is the development and mutation of the corona virus.

Yes, I am somewhat scathing, given the reduction of expectation that has gone on from Covid inoculation day one. But I also recognise the achievement in developing these vaccines. I'm prepared for them to become annual, like a flu jab. And I'll probably take them.

In short, my answer could have read, "Your guesses are as good as mine." None the less, I think my answers are correct.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 13:14   #1283
BHPian

Does anyone know any hospital in North Bangalore to get the third dose of Covishield vaccine?
Old 18th April 2022, 13:53   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can I wait till she too becomes eligible and then both of us take on the same day?
18-60 age group is being given booster shots only in private hospitals. If you login into cowin, you can see the due date for everyone above 18 and can book slots accordingly.
Old 18th April 2022, 14:00   #1285
BHPian

Recently I got the booster dose for my mother and second dose for my daughter from a nearby PHC. The experience has been really good. Hardly any crowd (understandable as most of us have already taken the second dose) and even the PHC is very clean and very well maintained.
Overall experience was pleasant and I am planning to get any vaccines in the future from this PHC (instead of wasting money on private hospitals).
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 14:36   #1286
Senior - BHPian

We got the first dose of Corbevax for our 12 year old through the camp at school earlier this month. The only proof is that sheet of paper?

Is there no way to get this on Cowin?
Old 18th April 2022, 14:44   #1287
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Does anyone know any hospital in North Bangalore to get the third dose of Covishield vaccine?
Login to Cowin, when scheduling vaccination for the beneficiary, you can search by postal pin code of the area or name of hospital/centre.
Old 20th April 2022, 16:45   #1288
BHPian

I took the 'preventive shot' at JP Nagar PHC as I was scheduled for travel. I was out of the PHC within 30 mins and the experience was pretty good.

Friendly staff, NOT much of crowd, so all in all a good experience.
Old 20th April 2022, 17:48   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
We got the first dose of Corbevax for our 12 year old through the camp at school earlier this month. The only proof is that sheet of paper?

Is there no way to get this on Cowin?
Got the sheet of paper as well but next day got the sms and was able to download from cowin.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 20:14   #1290
BHPian

There's only 1 private hospital in my city providing "precaution dose" for COVAXIN @386Rs. So, i called them up yesterday to enquire and they said they need atleast 10 people to gather for the vaccine to be opened and administered.

Is this true? and what if the said amount of people cannot gather on that day, will i need to come back home without getting jabbed?

Most Viewed