Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tips req for Drag racing

This Sunday on an empty road I had seen three cars lined up. I rightly guessed that they are going race. Ikon 1.6, Honda 1.5 & Getz. I really wanted to find out who reaches first and went to the other side. I could locate on of their friends standing at a distance of around 300 m. I dont know what mode they opted for signalling on for the race.

First came the IKON 1.6, CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY 1.5 and by Getz. I understand that person behind the wheel make sizable contribution.

Just wanted to find out tips for quicker completion in drag racing
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Altho I'd love claim I'm a drag racer, I'm not. So here're some links instead!

Modern Racer - Driving Tips - Drag Racing Launch Techniques

Modern Racer - Driving Tips - Drag Racing Basics
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

Whats the RPM range where SWIFT produces maximum power?
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

3000-3500 rpm for launch and upwards.
Old 24th April 2007, 02:23   #5
BHPian

hey..well just make sure you got fresh rubber since worn out rubber over spins..and thus the car doesnt push forward as soon as it should on the launch. If you have good grip rubber...it'll help you get the perfect wheelspin as long as you keep the rpm good...

my 2 cents,
i personally start revving at the first count uptill 3k RPM...then when the count reaches 3...i go upto 5.5k RPM...basically the timing is as such that i dont keep the rev at 5.5k...i leave the clutch at the exact timing that i know the 3rd count goes down...and make sure the accelerator is floored so i floor as soon as the 2nd half of the 3rd count is over...and leave the clutch..so i can straight away floor.

If you keep at a constant 5k...then it wont be easy for you to floor as soon as the count goes down..as you'll over rev or the timing wont be right.

I drive a VTEC so the RPM "can" go uptill 7k...dont go at my figures with your car..do it accordingly
Old 24th April 2007, 02:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
3000-3500 rpm for launch and upwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec View Post
i personally start revving at the first count uptill 3k RPM...then when the count reaches 3...i go upto 5.5k RPM...basically the timing is as such that i dont keep the rev at 5.5k...i leave the clutch at the exact timing that i know the 3rd count goes down...and make sure the accelerator is floored so i floor as soon as the 2nd half of the 3rd count is over...and leave the clutch..so i can straight away floor.
Both of which will result in you spinning happily while you can get a closer look at your opponents taillamps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks