Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 10:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Solar power! Turning my roof to a power plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Which model battery of Luminous you using? Possible to share exact model number?
Sure. Attaching the picture for your reference.

Solar power! Turning my roof to a power plant-20210830_103821.jpg

Quote:
I saw on internet that C10 tubular batteries are almost 30-40% more expensive than C20 tubular batteries.
Is that so? I am not fully aware of it. Apparently, C10 batteries are a bit expensive in comparison.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:24   #77
BHPian

Is there a way to turn my existing setup of 2X100AH batteries and 1400VA 'Sukam Smiley' Pure Sine Wave Inverter to be charged via solar panels?

All I want is to disconnect the mains for charging the batteries and use the battery charge during power outages ONLY.

Please advise!
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to turn my existing setup of 2X100AH batteries and 1400VA 'Sukam Smiley' Pure Sine Wave Inverter to be charged via solar panels?
Definitely possible. All you need is a compatible "Solar Charge Controller" as an interface between the solar panels and your existing inverter system.
Old 30th August 2021, 20:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Definitely possible. All you need is a compatible "Solar Charge Controller" as an interface between the solar panels and your existing inverter system.
Awesome! Would you know of any installers of the same? If so, could you please share some contacts.
Old 30th August 2021, 21:26   #80

Quote:
My requirements is also similar and have done lots of reading and got confused with on-grid, hybrid, net metering, off-grid etc. Have swayed between hybrid to off-grid at times and between 2KW to 5KW setups.

Well , I am in the same boat too. Right now am considering a hybrid model with plans to go completely off grid in the future.

It would be really helpful if you could post your experience once you have finalized your vendor. We have massive power cuts and the power supply goes off for the silliest reasons. And its not just the power cuts. We are located near gurgaon so winters and summers both are harsh here (Am a Mumbai resident so pl don't judge me).

Has any member here gone completely off grid? Our major power guzzlers would be the water motor ,Acs and heaters. So not sure how that would work out once off grid .

Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 22:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! Would you know of any installers of the same? If so, could you please share some contacts.
Yes, I do. But none in Bangalore. So I am not sure if it can be of any help to you.
Old 30th August 2021, 23:07   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Yes, I do. But none in Bangalore. So I am not sure if it can be of any help to you.
I keep frequenting M'lore and so request you to please share the contacts. I shall enquire, if they do provide the services and if NOT can get advise on how to go about in B'lore.
Old 31st August 2021, 07:44   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

All I want is to disconnect the mains for charging the batteries and use the battery charge during power outages ONLY.

Please advise!
You need a "Solar Charge Controller" to be added to your existing inverter. Just search on internet and read about them a bit and that will give you all the info needed. Here is a youtube link that you can watch (Just search on youtube -- "convert existing inverter to solar")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranz View Post
....It would be really helpful if you could post your experience once you have finalized your vendor. ...

.....Our major power guzzlers would be the water motor ,Acs and heaters. So not sure how that would work out once off grid....
Will share once I finalize. I need this setup in a village in Western UP and there we have nearby tehsil/town solar distributors that we have to work with. In major cities one can expect a bit better quality of installers and city installers are not ready to go to village and do install.

So, I reached out to Loom Solar and few others and found 2 Solar dealers nearby the village and they deal in LivGuard, Microtek, Loom Solar, UTL Solar. As expected, they run down or promote a particular brand by citing vague reasons like: "not good response.. not good replacement policy.. manufactured nearby in ghaziabad/jaipur.. etc etc".

For AC, I plan to run them using grid power only for now and later if needed, will run a direct solar setup just for them (just a thought)

For water geyser, I plan to install a 150-200 Ltrs Solar Geyser to take care of heating in winters.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I keep frequenting M'lore and so request you to please share the contacts. I shall enquire, if they do provide the services and if NOT can get advise on how to go about in B'lore.
Sure. Sharing you the contact details of the installer of my setup.

Solar power! Turning my roof to a power plant-img20210519wa004601.jpeg
Old 1st September 2021, 07:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I have managed to gather contact details of a dealer/distributor in Mangalore. The dealer at my place helped me with this. Sharing it with you.

Megha Associates- 9902457990

Last edited by Emvi : 1st September 2021 at 07:30.
Old 5th September 2021, 14:03   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Solar Inverter: Need advice on which is best option for this in up to 2KW range. No need for internet monitoring etc for now. This needs to run on both Solar & grid power with the ability to run the system as per my need mentioned above. Also, if later I want to expand the system, would prefer a possibility to add more.
I heard good things about Livgaurd Solar UPS LS OG2250 for 2kw system. They also seem to have 5w ones with 4 or 8 battery setup. They have mono panels too. You might want to check with their dealers in your city. IMO, same manufactures for batteries, panels and PCU would be a safer bet.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 09:34   #87
BHPian

Re: Off-grid system

I am planning to get a 2KWp off-grid system at a farmhouse, glowpower is the inverter that is included in the system. A couple of queries:
a) Will this accept 220v AC input from the grid, if available?
b) Can we tweak the inverter to prioritize the source - (1) (Batteries charged) - Solar/Grid/Battery and (2) (Batteries need to be charged) - Grid/Solar/Battery -in this order?
Is there any specific inverter brand that offers this feature?
Old 9th September 2021, 21:23   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

My 10kw on grid power plant went online yesterday. Top of the line 440 watts mono perc panels from Tata Solar. Now that the net meter has been installed and all formalities are complete, I can enjoy clean power and a bit of saving on my utility bills. Today’s generation was a decent 45 units.

Now to get that EV….

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 9th September 2021 at 21:25.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 20:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
My 10kw on grid power plant went online yesterday. Top of the line 440 watts mono perc panels from Tata Solar. Now that the net meter has been installed and all formalities are complete, I can enjoy clean power and a bit of saving on my utility bills. Today’s generation was a decent 45 units.

Now to get that EV….
Does TATA have 440 W panels? can you post a pic of the spec sticker behind the panel? Was your installation subsidized?
Old 13th September 2021, 07:20   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Does TATA have 440 W panels? can you post a pic of the spec sticker behind the panel? Was your installation subsidized?
Yes, the panels are all 440 watts, 23 in number. There was no subsidy involved, this was purely out of pocket.

Haryana state gives solar subsidy only on basic polycrystalline panels, and only through a very limited number of installers. Tata Solar is not on the list.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks