Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2004, 19:19   #16
BHPian

Hi Aalaap,

good to see more Lancer fans out there. I would strongly suggest that you stick to a petrol lancer. Your budget should land you with a car thats done atleast 35k + on the odo. You will have to change the tyres pretty soon. if you are lucky the previous owner has already changed them. In any case you will defineately need to look at the shocks. I changed one of them under warranty (front left) when the car had done about 15000. Diesel lancer suspesion is stronger but you will have to hv it checked properly. Lancer parts are on of the most expensive in the market so you have to be careful. I am planning on TC ing my Lancer. Will send you the HotBits header I am currently using - free ofcourse. You can build the rest in Bombay. Don't waste your money on Automech header - Trust me, and I mean no offence to any one, It's really pathetic. Hope you can find your car soon.

Cheers.

Old 26th November 2004, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am planning on TC ing my Lancer. Will send you the HotBits header I am currently using - free ofcourse. You can build the rest in Bombay. Don't waste your money on Automech header - Trust me, and I mean no offence to any one, It's really pathetic.
Well ..heh .. first of all its going to take a few years for me to save the money to buy the car. And after that I'll probably spend my salaries on petrol and maintenance, so the possibility of doing any other performance enhancements is remote to say the least. Maybe down the line .. but seriously thats like way into the future. HM will probably have stopped making or supporting the Lancer by then...

Thanks for the offer .. i WILL let you know if anything comes up

- Aalaap
Closed Thread

Most Viewed