Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 16:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

Resting ECG, TROP test, Echo, TMT all negative and you had a severe MI a day or two later. With triple vessel block. Frightening indeed. Glad you are all good now.
Seems like angiography is the gold standard. Rest are not sensitive enough.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 16:37   #92
BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

In recent past, we had news of sudden demise of healthy men by cardiac arrest. You may also have heard around you and it let me thinking how is it possible cause few of them had all the resource including dietitians and instructor's to guide them. You get inspiration to get fit by looking at them. If that's the situation, how about people like me who does not have their resource.

I realized that it could be due to recent fad to be fit and to push yourself to extreme but not to take enough sleep. We have seen people waking up at 5 or 6 and doing extreme physical activities and eating proteins but have they taken recommended sleep of 08 hours? I think we need to respect and manage our bodies, do not think 40 is same as 20 and can push our bodies to extreme without taking required rest. The body is aging and we need to accept the fact and manage accordingly. Sleep is the most important part of staying healthy. It gives rest to your body and reset your body for the day. Hence, I have decided to prioritize sleep over bicycling/walking/exercising.
Piyush_DT is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 19:00   #93
BHPian

Being a regional news, this may not have come to notice of many members: A cabinet minister of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. M. Gowtham Reddy (50 yrs) passes away due to sudden cardiac arrest this morning (21 Feb). One more tally to people with all resources but helpless at the face of cardiac arrest.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
I realized that it could be due to recent fad to be fit and to push yourself to extreme but not to take enough sleep. We have seen people waking up at 5 or 6 and doing extreme physical activities and eating proteins but have they taken recommended sleep of 08 hours? I think we need to respect and manage our bodies, do not think 40 is same as 20 and can push our bodies to extreme without taking required rest. The body is aging and we need to accept the fact and manage accordingly. Sleep is the most important part of staying healthy. It gives rest to your body and reset your body for the day. Hence, I have decided to prioritize sleep over bicycling/walking/exercising.
1. The sleep/rest is the most important part that most achievers choose to overlook. So you are absolutely right about that. In fact with age, body's regenerative power decreases so more rest is required for same mental/physical exertion. Caffeine is a poor patchwork to cover for low rest. Caffeine does not heal the cells.

2. The other points about exercise / physical activity - my take is that these "super active" folks engage in regular intake of energy drinks: anything that spikes your blood sugar levels is going to damage your body later if not sooner.

3. Eating more proteins (another fad these days) is possibly more harming than beneficial. Large amount of proteins are required only by individuals who are putting on muscles very fast (babies, teenagers, steroid assisted adults). For the rest, protein actually accelerates cellular aging process.
alpha1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 17:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't affect just the Gents - Popular Kannada RJ Rachana dies of cardiac arrest
Quote:
Popular RJ Rachana from Bengaluru died on Tuesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, as per Kannada media. She was aged 39. Rachana complained of chest pain at her flat in JP Nagar and she was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead, Kannada TV channels said.
BTW, she was quite fit.

Last edited by msdivy : 22nd February 2022 at 17:30.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 23:03   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

BTW, she was quite fit.
Death does not differentiate between fit and unfit, we all just die one day. We should live our life as long as we are alive. Really sad for her death.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 07:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

Few of the news articles mentions that she was suffering from depression and had isolated herself from past few months. She had quit her job too few years back. Maybe all that didnt help either. Used to like her shows back when going to office listening to the radio. Feels sad to see another young life lost.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Few of the news articles mentions that she was suffering from depression and had isolated herself from past few months. Feels sad to see another young life lost.
I went through this kind of depression in 2020 when my wife wanted to separate from me, I was barely about to walk after a back surgery. I found peace working as a Covid 19 volunteer and started interacting with the real downtrodden people. Now my wife is back with me, but I never stopped talking to her when she was alone.

People with depression are always short of good friends. Isolating one self and getting addicted to smoking, alcohol will only make the matters worse.
deehunk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:07   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Doesn't affect just the Gents - Popular Kannada RJ Rachana dies of cardiac arrest. BTW, she was quite fit.
A pattern emerges more and more young people in their 30s are being taken down by hidden problems that cause sudden heart attacks. Worrisome trend
indeed! Is it diet? Lifestyle? Stress/pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Got the ultimate test done - CT Angiography.
Glad to hear that you're in the clear. Congrats Rush.

And thanks for this advice, I am in my mid 50s and though I am very particular about health (zero smoking for nearly 18 years, diet, weight, health checkups, blood tests etc) the past 2 years has seeing me get slack with my walks due to COVID and its aftermath. I find it very difficult to walk for more than a couple of minutes with a mask on. Will consult my family physician.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:36   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I find it very difficult to walk for more than a couple of minutes with a mask on. Will consult my family physician.
If you’ve had Covid, I understand it’s essential to take Ecosprin for 2 weeks after you recover. This helps to remove any plaques or thickening of blood as a result of Covid.

A lot of people don’t take this and it probably leads to difficulty in meeting ones earlier physical fitness levels

A cardiologist I know recommends this and so do some other doctors.

Nevertheless it’s important to consult with your physician before you go ahead to ensure it’s right for you and that it doesn’t interfere with any other medication you may be taking.
EV NXT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I went through this kind of depression in 2020 when my wife wanted to separate from me, I was barely about to walk after a back surgery. I found peace working as a Covid 19 volunteer and started interacting with the real downtrodden people. Now my wife is back with me, but I never stopped talking to her when she was alone.
Very courageous of you to share your experience here. Happy to hear that all issues in your life is settled now. I pray that you do not have to go through any difficulties in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
People with depression are always short of good friends. Isolating one self and getting addicted to smoking, alcohol will only make the matters worse.
Well said. Though I wouldn't call it depression, I was having a bad time during my mid twenties which I could tide through due to support of my friends. People have started to talk openly about depression now though still not widely. Hope that it gets normalized and not seen as a bad thing.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:02   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
If you’ve had Covid, I understand it’s essential to take Ecosprin for 2 weeks after you recover. A cardiologist I know recommends this and so do some other doctors
Thanks. I was lucky not to get infected with the bug possibly due to the strict precautionary measures taken at home and outdoors both during the lockdowns (only stepping out for medicines & some other essentials ) and subsequently after the lockdowns were lifted. The strange thing is this I used to be ok with masks earlier. It started after I took Covishield jabs last year in May and Aug. Not sure why.

I take Ecosprin AV (with Atorvastatin) due to mildly high cholesterol levels. But that's back in control. However, I will continue with prescribed meds till the Doc advises me otherwise.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 09:28   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I was lucky not to get infected with the bug possibly due to the strict precautionary measures taken at home and outdoors both during the lockdowns (only stepping out for medicines & some other essentials ) and subsequently after the lockdowns were lifted.
You may have had an asymptomatic attack with only the after effects present. One can never be too sure. Anyway you seem to be taking suggested medication. Do check with your physician all the same.
Old 24th February 2022, 10:59   #104
BHPian

There was a report that there is an increased risk of cardiac arrest and stroke post covid. They were recommending regular D-dimer tests to monitor the risk.
Old 5th March 2022, 08:46   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

One more early death due to a heart attack - Shane Warne (Shane Warne passes away at 52). All about lifestyle, guys. He was a heavy smoker and struggled with alcohol + drugs (coke) + weight throughout his life.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks