Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson's new show on Amazon Prime | Clarkson's farm

I will go ahead and call it out, Clarkson's farm was much better as a show than the Grand Tour. It was much more realistic, more engaging and it was so much easier connect with people like Kaleb, Jeremy's girlfriend Lisa, 'Cheerful' Charlie, the un-understandable English guy etc. and I've never thought I would be so engaged in a farm show!

The sorrow when Jeremy found out that the three sheeps have been slaughtered was real and we mourned their loss with him, probably shedding a tear as well!

As sad as it sounds, the solos shows of Clarkson, Hammond and May are just better than the Grand tour itself!

Last edited by dragracer567 : 16th June 2021 at 12:31.
dragracer567 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 15:23   #17
BHPian

My girlfriend is about as far from a petrolhead as can be, and much to my surprise and not so small delight, she's been quietly hooked on this show just as much as I have vocally been.

As part of their deal with Prime, each of the trio negotiated in their contract that they'd each be allowed to do at least one solitary series on whatever they wished to pursue. We thus had Hammond doing his survivalist adventure series, May with his cooking series (and his Japan one I guess) and now Clarkson with his farm (mis-/)adventures.

I have to say much like everyone else I've been totally sold on the surprising charm of this show. I don't think I was in the minority expecting it to be really hammed up shenanigans in a rural backdrop, and sure there's some of that (Clarkson after all, overgrown man child that he is), it's the supporting cast that has me bought in on this (Poor long suffering Kaleb is a breakout star for sure). And then there's the fact that I'm probably very much the target audience in the sense I probably never gave a second thought about agricultural matters before and here I am mostly learning something new in each episode, then yes, I think the producers can count this a stunning success.

Honestly out of all their ventures I haven't been this regularly delighted by their television since the halcyon days of OG Top Gear. I still have 2 more episodes to finish but I can wholeheartedly give it a full 5 stars and would very much look forward to a second season.

5/5 - whatever Gerald says.
ads11 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 11:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

I started watching this and is brilliant. The best part, as a farmer I can relate every bit of hardship, stories shown here, despite the show is shot in UK. UK or India, big or small, challenges remain same.

Some relatable aspects:

1. Many farmers I know, haven't been outside nearby town, may have been to tier 3 city couple of times.
2. The problem with rains is for real. Rain plays a major role in farming.
3. Timing is crucial. If you don't do things in time, you have pretty much ruined years crop.
4. Mechanization has its problem. They go kaput on fine day and your entire day is wasted.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads11 View Post
and would very much look forward to a second season.
There will be a second season!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15413612...series-amazon/
peepo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 03:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepo View Post
The Sun is down there with the Daily Mail in terms of garbage rags I won't go near with a barge pole but indeed it seems the overwhelmingly positive response to the show (I've seen it described as the highest rated Prime Exclusive - which really is a bit of an indictment on the rest of their slate I'd think..) has made it a no brainer for the producers to exercise their option for a follow on season. It's been all over Drivetribe and ancillary channels such as Foodtribe on various social media platforms today (seen it on my Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter feeds).

Well, I for one cannot wait to see what new adventures the Diddly Squat crew have in store. If I had a car already I'd probably have made the trek to the shop to get something as my partner rather drily noted (correctly I should add).
ads11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 10:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

I was just thinking if they got in the magic of the TG/GT Trinity to work it's magic in this show?

Clarkson is well, Clarkson of course

Kaleb could be Hammond. Very energetic, and hands on.

Charlie could be May. Very down to earth and realistic to the point of agony
Old 29th June 2021, 11:39   #22
BHPian

I watched it after seeing this thread here on TeamBhp.

After checking out the trailer I didn't expect to me to stick around for more than 2 episodes, but it was surprisingly interesting. The Labmo tractor got me hooked after the first episodes. I was on google & instagram checking out specialized massive farm equipments.

Somewhere after Episode 3, my wife too joined. She started with a comment that Kaleb's reactions were too good to be genuine, it is well scripted and well acted. And then went on to watch whole of Season 1.

Worth a watch, pretty interesting.

Edit: One of the many LOL moments; Kaleb to Clarkson (About his tramlines) "They are as straight as a roundabout".

Ps: tramlines - that is one of the many 'new' things I picked up from the show.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 29th June 2021 at 11:42.
Old 29th June 2021, 13:56   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I was just thinking if they got in the magic of the TG/GT Trinity to work it's magic in this show?

Clarkson is well, Clarkson of course

Kaleb could be Hammond. Very energetic, and hands on.

Charlie could be May. Very down to earth and realistic to the point of agony
And Gerald would be the Stig. The man with very few words and words that no one understands. So qualifies to be the stig .
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

‘Clarkson’s Farm’: Amazon renews Jeremy Clarkson’s farming show for a second season.

Cant wait !
ms001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Loved it. This is the most meaningful television Clarkson has done, and he actually shows what utter hard labour is needed to come up with farm produce, while keeping it interesting! And it is so funny, at that. Don't miss this, guys
Attached Thumbnails
Jeremy Clarkson's new show on Amazon Prime | Clarkson's farm-screenshot-20210723-2.24.57-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 21:30   #26
BHPian

Loved this show.

Farming is tough and like how Indian government gives subsidies to farmers, many developed countries also give a ton of money.

The realisation of Clarkson at end that had it not been Amazon and his TV shows, he would have been a broke person.

The show has it rawness, like the contractor saying that the torrential rains are due to Clarkson doing his car shows and contributing to global warning.

Kaleb is the hero of the show. When Clarkson narrates the story of Moses, Kaleb reaction to the story was heck awesome.
Old 8th October 2022, 07:20   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeremy Clarkson ordered to shut Farm Restaurant.

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkon’s farm-based TV show has been a ratings hit for Amazon, but Jezza’s local council officers aren’t so enthusiastic about Clarkson’s Farm and have told the star to shut its on-site restaurant.
Quote:
The unlawful use of Diddly Squat Farm by reason of its nature, scale and siting is unsustainable and incompatible with its open countryside location,
Quote:
The council demanded Clarkson close the restaurant and get rid of dining tables, chairs and picnic tables, though the former Top Gear presenter has lodged an appeal. Agents acting on Clarkson’s behalf have accused the council of being unreasonable and claim that the changes to the farm have not broken any planning laws,
Quote:
It’s not only the local council planners that Clarkson needs to placate, however. Some residents in the nearby village of Chadlington have been frustrated at the number of visitors following the farm’s exposure on the hit TV show, which was renewed for a second series in 2021.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 23:26   #28
BHPian

Season 2 of Clarkson's Farm will return to Amazon Prime on February 10th, 2023.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entert...FV4rcUyZOrQBYc
MotoBlip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 07:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 17:36   #30
BHPian

All episodes of Clarkson's Farm S2 are now live on Amazon Prime.

Weekend plans sorted
MotoBlip is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed