Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2021, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: IKEA India - Online shopping experiences

OT: There is definitely a petrol head hiding somewhere in Ikea
And finally, a solution to store our extra tyres without the family getting mad.
IKEA India - Online shopping experiences-ikeastoragebag.jpg

Last edited by Jaguar : 29th June 2021 at 11:38.
Jaguar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 12:32   #17
BHPian

I had previously order through Ikea online portal and was a pretty smooth process including the shipping to Bangalore. I believe they have a dedicated logistics partner for doing this - Xpeed Logistics.

They handle the pickup and have a delivery time of 5-7 days from Hyderabad to Bangalore, which is usually delivered within this period provided the pick-up is done as per schedule.

Ikea has a very good option of picking up the items from the parking lot without actually visiting the store. For all items shopped online you can set-up a slot and share the invoice and slot details with Xpeed and they will do the rest.

Only thing is you have to be a little persuasive with the Xpeed guys. Sharing the contact details as below.

IKEA customer to call: +91-8287957473 trackmyshipment@xpeed.in
Asif 6959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 15:56   #18
BHPian

I have had amazing experience with UrbanLadder in NCR through online as well as offline orders. I know IKEA is an international brand so would have it's own charm and benefits. Still would highly recommend UrbanLadder for a fuss-free experience.
Old 29th June 2021, 16:20   #19
BHPian

In BLR, I ordered from Ikea online on June 6th even before they officially announced Bangalore deliveries We were searching for a study table for our daughter and the ones in Amazon/Pepperfry were not suiting our design needs/aesthetics. While browsing Ikea, saw that they will deliver to Bangalore and immediately placed an order on 6th June with delivery date as 19th June. But the order actually got delivered on 16th itself. Only fly in the ointment was the delivery experience which was not upto the mark with Gati. They misplaced the study chair and lot of back and forth happened with Gati guys. Ultimately it was found that they simply forgot to load it to the truck in their Bangalore sorting center, so definitely no fault of Ikea but it rattles the overall experience.
Coming to the furniture itself, we loved the design and modularity. It doesn't exude high-quality like UrbanLadder's but given the price point, it was more than enough. The table and drawers are sturdy and the understated colours actually look good. Assembly maybe a hindrance to many but I personally love assembling and tinkering with stuff so it was like candyland for me With the right tools, assembling the entire table, chair and drawers took me about 2-3 hours. Overall it was a good experience with Ikea online.

Here's the complete set -
IKEA India - Online shopping experiences-img_9336.jpg
Anduril is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 20:17   #20
BHPian

I am on the, "Sorry, due to unforeseen high demand we are not able to process your order at this time. Please try again tomorrow", bandwagon for the past 2 weeks. It clearly seems the online shopping and delivery experience is directly related to them having a fulfilment center, or a warehouse in the same city. Assumed if not the store, the warehouse in BLR was operational and hence the online shop opened up here. That doesn't seem the case now. Will hold on for the store to open or for them to streamline deliveries.
Old 29th June 2021, 20:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
the warehouse in BLR was operational
That maybe their endgame once the BLR store opens but as of now I think their online orders for Bangalore are coming from the Hyderabad store. For my Ikea online order, the Gati tracking showed shipment originating from Hyderabad.
Old 30th June 2021, 00:08   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Reposing my trust anew, I placed another much bigger order (7 items/600 kg) and got an immediate shipping advice (GATI) within 12 hours. Looks like they are prioritising the bigger shipments. However, no update on my first small order.
So that seems to be the pattern with Ikea these days . I had a similar experience in Mumbai. A bigger order placed later got delivered and still waiting for the smaller earlier order. It is scheduled to arrive more than a month after the order was placed.
Old 30th June 2021, 00:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
I am on the, "Sorry, due to unforeseen high demand we are not able to process your order at this time. Please try again tomorrow", bandwagon for the past 2 weeks.
Thank you for saving me some time. I was in the process of filling up the cart to use up the remaining shipping weight. After seeing your post, I tried to check out with just a couple of items and got the same error message. Tried a few times with a different combination of items, and still the same. Looks like we will have to wait a few weeks for things to stabilize.
Old 30th June 2021, 07:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Here's the complete set -
Attachment 2172784
A bit off topic.

What make and model is the tablet stand you are using on the table? Is it sturdy enough to survive our kids' constant tinkerings?

Could you share the buying link please.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart and Amazon sells the same table from IKEA. Wouldn't it be great to order from them? It's around Rs 6,500 includes delivery. I am using this model IKEA table, but with built in storage, for a decade now. Nothing happens to them if not moved around a lot. The height is just right and the minimal aspect is appealing
https://www.flipkart.com/ikea-engine...m57076077359ad
Quote:
In BLR, I ordered from Ikea online on June 6th even before they officially announced Bangalore deliveries
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 14:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
A bit off topic.

What make and model is the tablet stand you are using on the table? Is it sturdy enough to survive our kids' constant tinkerings?

Could you share the buying link please.
I got that stand from amazon, here's the link -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08XZ2Q2V2/

It's sturdy enough, the base is adequately heavy so that it doesn't topple over and full thing is metal construction. It's also height adjustable. My daughter can operate it herself.

Last edited by Anduril : 30th June 2021 at 14:14. Reason: Link got truncated
Anduril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
In BLR, I ordered from Ikea online on June 6th even before they officially announced Bangalore deliveries
I have the same MICKE table. Seems like the price at some 4500 odd is a no brainer for all the work/study from home people. Getting an ergonomic white chair is an issue though. IKEA seems like the only contender apart from Pepperfry whom I don't like. Featherlite,Transteel, Nilkamal seem to stick to the contemporary Black/Blue/Red chairs.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 16:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The height is just right and the minimal aspect is appealing
That is true, the minimalist approach and colour looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Flipkart and Amazon sells the same table from IKEA. Wouldn't it be great to order from them? It's around Rs 6,500 includes delivery.
Amazon and flipkart does indeed sell the same Ikea furnitures but each unit's price is more by atleast Rs.2000 than what's listed in Ikea website. Infact, when I was searching this table, I initially checked Amazon only and added all these in the cart. Then out of curiosity I checked Ikea website and noticed the difference in price. By chance, Bangalore orders started from that day and I could order directly from Ikea.
I made this comparison table for all 3 items to highlight the price difference between Ikea Online vs Amazon -
IKEA India - Online shopping experiences-screen-shot-20210630-4.11.04-pm.png
Anduril is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Now, getting the urbanclap guys to get the assembly done has been a challenge. I've had 2 appointments till now, where the guy comes has a look and asks for additional money 2-2.5 k to do the assembly since it is a "complicated" one. This is for an assembly that would take 2-2.5 hrs tops.

Has been a very disappointing experience till now.
Next assembly is scheduled for Saturday, figures crossed.
Update:

A couple of more missed bookings ensued and the assembly did not happen on the scheduled slots. There was a bit of back and forth between the customer support and myself. All through, I must say, IKEA support was trying to sort out things with their partner - urbancompany.

Meanwhile, a fellow TBHPian (who didn't want to be named) associated with IKEA, reading this post, reached out to me and also escalated the issue - thanks to the TBHPian for taking the time out to help me out. The reach of this forum is always a pleasant surprise!

By this time(2weeks after delivery), I got fed up with the whole thing and requested for a refund - and surprisingly yesterday Urbancompany called me and assured assembly without having to negotiate with the assembler. And it took around 2 hours for the assembly.

In summary:
- Online delivery process is still in a setup phase. Delivery was quick(6 days), the tracking URL did not work till the actual delivery was made !
- IKEA customer service is responsive, and helpful. Voice calls work, email and chat don't.
- Experience with GATI, the delivery partner, was not great. But this perhaps more a one off and not a comment on the channel itself.
- Assembly partner urbancompany really need to pull up their socks (or IKEA should stop assembly services).
Both in terms of being transparent on the pricing (requesting customer to settle the amount beyond the listed price) and also in the skill of the guys they sent. I had to guide them on some steps - a customer guiding an IKEA assembler! It could be because the model is a recent one.
Old 1st July 2021, 16:33   #30
BHPian

I think the situation with delivery and assembly will be an issue for sometime not because of mismanagement on part of IKEA, Gati or UC. The issue is with manpower moving to their native and not many back in cities yet because of the pandemic. Also though many things are opened up, there are government mandates in many states for 30-50 percent of support staff to be functional only during this time. A lot of service based setups are facing issues with both the above. So it is good to see IKEA customer care trying to resolve the customer issues during these trying times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks