Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 17:16   #31
BHPian

Re: IKEA India - Online shopping experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
So it is good to see IKEA customer care trying to resolve the customer issues during these trying times.
Completely agree on the IKEA Customer care - they really listen and try to address the concerns. I never got a canned response, buying time etc. That was a pleasant change.

My experience with the delivery partner/assembly partner had nothing to do with the COVID situation.
I did not face a delayed delivery - that others have reported, in fact I got it delivered 2 days prior to the scheduled date.

Their assembly partner left a bad taste -for ex: they had mentioned to Ikea that there was no assembler available, and in parallel they were contacting me offering to immediately send an assembler if I agree to pay additional money with the assembler (contrary to their claim). I can't see how the COVID situation can affect this kind of behavior. I see this a more systemic issue rather than a one off one.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 08:59   #32
BHPian

At the moment they aren't even accepting orders for BLR now due to "unforeseen high demand". I'm shocked that they didn't foresee this. I'm also disappointed with their choice of not accepting the order as opposed to accepting it and promising delivery at a not-so-near date.
kauphylover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 09:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

How far is the IKEA store in Hyderabad if I were to drive from Blor? If not for Covid, I'd have done one trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
At the moment they aren't even accepting orders for BLR now due to "unforeseen high demand". I'm shocked that they didn't foresee this. I'm also disappointed with their choice of not accepting the order as opposed to accepting it and promising delivery at a not-so-near date.
Old 5th July 2021, 11:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
How far is the IKEA store in Hyderabad if I were to drive from Blor? If not for Covid, I'd have done one trip
Looks like many of us are on the same boat. Google shows a distance of 567 km from Hebbal. A Tbhp meet and drive to Ikea might not be a bad idea

Last edited by Jaguar : 5th July 2021 at 11:30.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:02   #35
HKP
BHPian

From the Highway- ORR exit in Gachibowli Hyderabad, it's just 2-3 km away. Ikea is almost in the prime property of Hyderabad, not the outskirts. So no city traffic to deal with once you reach Hyderabad.

Not sure if this is worth a long drive (From the perspective of a Hyd resident). We go there for the food court and timepass now!

Deliveries should improve soon, they always miscalculate the demand and customer care has mostly no clue. But the shop staff is good and can explain well.

\\hkp
Old 30th July 2021, 08:24   #36
BHPian

A quick query - If there are multiple sized items (non-furniture), do they pack in a single box and deliver or have some other arrangement?
Old 30th July 2021, 10:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
A quick query - If there are multiple sized items (non-furniture), do they pack in a single box and deliver or have some other arrangement?
I had ordered some bedspreads, cushions, USB lights - these were packed in a single box.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 13:13   #38
BHPian

Had ordered a desk and chair on Ikea and although hard to place the order (said that their order book was too full for my pincode), once the order was placed the product was shipped and delivered earlier than promised .
Their website sucks - could not even view my own orders and shipping tracking etc. However, leaving that, the rest of the process was good. We should understand that we are used to Amazon like infrastructure, while Ikea's USP is not their online platform but their offline store. So we need to dial down their online experience a little but as long as their products are as good as it is globally, I am not complaining!!!
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 23:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Thank you for saving me some time. I was in the process of filling up the cart to use up the remaining shipping weight. After seeing your post, I tried to check out with just a couple of items and got the same error message. Tried a few times with a different combination of items, and still the same. Looks like we will have to wait a few weeks for things to stabilize.
Try now, they are taking orders since about a week now.
AppyS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:22   #40
BHPian

I'm missing the reviews from customers. Fake reviews generally are the positive five starrers, but the negative reviews seem more genuine, and a good guide to avoid bad quality. I received a motion sensing lamp, as a test, but I won't be ordering more. It consumes batteries like water!
Old 21st September 2021, 19:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Had ordered a desk and chair on Ikea and although hard to place the order (said that their order book was too full for my pincode), once the order was placed the product was shipped and delivered earlier than promised .
Their website sucks - could not even view my own orders and shipping tracking etc. However, leaving that, the rest of the process was good. We should understand that we are used to Amazon like infrastructure, while Ikea's USP is not their online platform but their offline store. So we need to dial down their online experience a little but as long as their products are as good as it is globally, I am not complaining!!!
Once you place the order, they do send a tracking link on your mail and that works just fine. I've ordered a compact metal HAMMARN sofa-cum-bed, I was looking out for a quite long time on Amazon and multiple places and this fit fine. Product quality is good and of you like DIY its fun to include you kid into assembly. Also clubbed in a table lamp and some folding chairs . Product quality is good and shipping experience was decent (take a week roughly). One must keep an expectation of a week to 10 days for delivery and would not be disappointed .

Last edited by rpads1 : 21st September 2021 at 19:42. Reason: added more data

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks