Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 23:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

i faced this issue in chennai too, but they had a guy right at the entrance of the bunk warning ppl that regular was not available
Old 10th May 2007, 04:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes.. I have also see this happening.. Though Diesel was available they were turning away all the petrol cars.. All the vehicles i could see in the station were Diesel vehicles..
ANd this was on Lavelle road shell station.. So i guess that There actually should be a shortage for all the petrol pumps to behave this way...

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 10:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Benny,

Yesterday 9-5 saw me tank-up my usual Shell regular from the Tumkur Road outlet next to RNS - no problems whatsoever. And to date, I have not come across the situation you've faced even once - and I always fill up with Shell regular.
Old 10th May 2007, 10:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

Mahesh,
Guess you were lucky.
I just hoep this is a temporary thing, as my car and bike after tasting Shell would curse me for feeding them on anything else. And yes, i too stick with Shell regular. First time i went in for premium was during this shortage.

Quote:
OT: @benbsb29: are you working for SLI?
Yes, I work for SAP Labs.
Old 10th May 2007, 23:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I just hoep this is a temporary thing,
Yep... Hopefully this has ended.. Saw a Unmarked Tanker (Usual in Shell Petrol Stations) Filling up the tanks around 7:30 in the evening.. This was at Lavelle road station.

Godfather
Old 11th May 2007, 00:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as my car and bike after tasting Shell would curse me for feeding them on anything else. And yes, i too stick with Shell regular. First time i went in for premium was during this shortage.
Hey benny, try feeding them KF premium, they might just love you even more.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

OFF-TOPIC :

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey benny, try feeding them KF premium, they might just love you even more.
E_L : Your witty one-liners are making me laugh out loud in office!! I now face the risk of being labelled 'crazy', which has been in the waiting for some time now.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:27   #23
BHPian

I too faced the same problem in Hyderabad Shell fuel station(Near Ameerpet) also. Just 2 days back, when I went to fill petrol for my NHC ZX, at 2315 hrs, they informed me that there is no stock of petrol and it will arrive the next morning.

When I went the next afternoon, I was told that they do not have petrol and only have diesel. The reason they attributed is that there is some transporation problem.
Old 11th May 2007, 21:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
When I went the next afternoon, I was told that they do not have petrol and only have diesel. The reason they attributed is that there is some transporation problem.

All over in Bangalore now.. Shell stations are functioning to maximum capacity.. There was actually a line of cars outside the station waiting to tank up.

Godfather
Old 11th May 2007, 21:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

have been to 2 shell pumps today. filled in my car at lavelle road bunk then in my friends car at bunk close to rns.

both of these had no shortage.

had a very weird incident at the shell close to rns. we had just taken friends Estilo from service and drove to the bunk to top up. We told him full tank so he just kept it on auto and went off. we werent paying that much attention to the pump as it would auto cut off. or so we thought!!! the damn sensor failed and the fuel gushed out. we were covered in fuel as well as the side of the car and floor. the guy came running and says sensor fail. paid 3 litres lesser than the meter reading and left.

I guess something else which can go wrong at the bunk.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th May 2007 at 21:56.
Old 11th May 2007, 21:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
the damn sensor failed and the fuel gushed out. we were covered in fuel as well as the side of the car and floor. the guy came running and said sensor fail.
..Thats shocking..No wonder they ask to switch off the car, and mobiles.....Its also a good thing you dont smoke..

Godfather
Old 11th May 2007, 22:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
..Thats shocking..No wonder they ask to switch off the car, and mobiles.....Its also a good thing you dont smoke..

Godfather
Not sure how mobiles can trigger fire.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post150444
Old 11th May 2007, 22:08   #28
Team-BHP Support

the batteries are responsible for the spark. If any lose contact they result in spark. especially during a call when current consumption is highest.

hence they advise to switch the phone off.
Old 11th May 2007, 23:08   #29
BHPian

Call me a cynic if you will, and I know I will get shouted at by the millions for this, I have to ask if the "addiction to Shell" is more a distaste for HP,IOC or IBP rather than a quality issue. I have yet to find scientific reason to be convinced that Shell is qualitatively better than other fuels, having a direct link to improved peformance and efficiency of a vehicle. More a placebo effect don't you think??

Kartik
Old 12th May 2007, 00:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
E_L : Your witty one-liners are making me laugh out loud in office!! I now face the risk of being labelled 'crazy', which has been in the waiting for some time now.
Hey, that crown belongs to the ELF.

On a serious note, i dont understand this affinity towards shell. i tried using shell petrol & i dont see any difference whatsoever except for the fact that the service attendants there know how to suck up to a customer. ever watched 'Pretty woman' ? did you see how Richard Gere makes those sales people to suck up to the whore (vivian) ? does that mean so much to all of you ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks