Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 00:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
does that mean so much to all of you ?
Nah!!.. but i do like the service there..and ofcourse the Shell Shop..
Its overall a different experience alltogether and they treat your car well there.. Unlike the other petrol stations where the attendant will remove the fuel cap from your vehicle like he is doing some favour to you.

Godfather
Old 12th May 2007, 00:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Unlike the other petrol stations where the attendant will remove the fuel cap from your vehicle like he is doing some favour to you.

Godfather
That's not true. I've been to plenty of stations where the guys smile and are happy to chat with you if you like. You want him to smile, then maybe try smiling first and saying hello to him?

As for me, I go to a station to get fuel in my car...not to shop, chat with the attendants, have my windshield cleaned or see the guys smile. If I wanted all that I would either go for an expensive dinner or get a great massage at a salon
Old 12th May 2007, 00:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Its like an epidemic here e_l . People have got into that mindset that shell offers the best no matter what, including me.
Ever noticed truckers, cabbies, maxi cabs, tempo's, taxis et all lining up to fill @ shell?

Since the other companies have been in India for quite sometime and are known for their broad daylight robbery,people prefer shell.

What I meant is that IOC,BP and HP have been around for ages and blame it on the private bunk owners who have cheated the public.
Nothing against the companies.But then before we had shell you and I would head to one of these bunks to fill up and are pretty much aware of how these chaps(bunk owners)cheat the public.

Quote:
did you see how Richard Gere makes those sales people to suck up to the whore (vivian) ?
Good one !!
Quote:
does that mean so much to all of you ?
And I thought we all went to bunks to tank up , than letch at these women .bwwaaahhh !!!
Old 12th May 2007, 00:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I thought we all went to bunks to tank up , than letch at these women .bwwaaahhh !!!
Oh really, which woman rj ? i never mentioned women, did i ? so now we know why you go to shell.

I agree that there can be no room for adulteration in a MN outlet, but there are extremely good outlets of our very own national oil companies where there is not much sucking up but only pure unadulterated fuel at the right quantity. i dont know about bangalore, i can tell you about chennai. i do know that the bunk opposite to johnson market in bangalore will sell you loads of junk as petrol.

Anyway here's what i had to say about the difference in the quality of fuels in shell vs others.

Quote:
actually, it is not the quality of the fuel that is giving you better results. Me thinks (I am not deadly sure) that shell does not have a refinery & hence has to procure fuel from the same refineries that IOC, BP, HP buy. The only difference could be in the quantity which almost all govt oil companies do not have any control of in their bunks, simply because they pay only 1.5 to 2k to their staff while shell pays 6k. So what they are saying is that you make the rest by adulterating or by tampering with your meters.
cheers
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-shell-3.html

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th May 2007 at 00:59.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

eeeekkks get off it e_l . You know what I meant though.
Old 12th May 2007, 01:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Women!!!! Why didn't you say so before!! Now that's a good enough reason to go to a petrol station. Maybe she will convince me to fill the tank and buy 15 extra litres which I can store in the car, and maybe that will blow up in a couple of days because of the heat and expansion
Old 14th May 2007, 15:08   #37
Team-BHP Support

Kartik, you may be right about other outlets serving the purpose very well with regards to just filling petrol. However, the experience at Shell has been well recieved and i am one of the converts. i can be rest assured that even normal fuel from Shell will leave my vehicle running without choking, while i do not need to shell out extra on premium.

Being greeted with a smile, being talked to nicely, free air for the tyres, a nice stop-shop where you can pick up stuff which also include car-wax, magazines , these things do make a difference to me, which is why i have recommended it to ALL my friends who drive/ride. The glass cleaning is a bonus here, which i dont need to pay for. If i am being offerred all this, why should i complain?

Anyways, this is going off-topic now. We can take this up on the other thread titled 'Welcome Shell'. Since the stock situation is now becoming normal this thread has served what it had to convey.

Mods, please do the needful.
Old 15th May 2007, 19:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Mahesh,
Guess you were lucky.

Yes, I work for SAP Labs.
Hey!! I'm in Campus

Rajdeep
Old 23rd May 2007, 08:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Just got my first experience of NO FUEL in Shell....Just back form Shell OMR to fill my bike and found it was closed (NO petrol or diesel)...
Since it is a 24 hr bunk, looks like whole night it was busy filling...

Abhi
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:27   #40
Team-BHP Support

Dont be surprised, i was just thinking of giving this thread a new lease of life when i went to the Shell outlet near SAP last evening. They were out of fuel, no two wheelers even. I checked the air pressure in the tyres and then returned.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:38   #41
BHPian

Last month @ Mysore road outlet, they were running out of Shell super and i had to tank up shell normal petrol.
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

There is no Diesel Today... tanked up in HP Diesel .

Godfather
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:45   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
...they were running out of Shell super and i had to tank up shell normal petrol.
Thats one fish swimming against the school

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd May 2007 at 23:48.
Old 24th May 2007, 00:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

No shell regular in chennai too. seems quite fishy (no, not the ones swiming against the school, my fish never went to one) to me.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:37   #45
Team-BHP Support

Looks like its turning out to be a nationwide phenomenon.
As of last evening, no Shell fuel (petrol/diesel) at the Whitefield bunk.

E_L : Looks like the fish had to come out of the water?

Most Viewed