Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2007, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Diesel uno wanted

Dear friends,

This is for my friend, he is interested in a diesel uno. It should be in good shape, well maintained. Preferably from kerala. Kindly pm me.
Old 13th May 2007, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

To get a UNO diesel in good shape n maintained at the moment would be almost impossible. Even if u get one it would have clocked 100K kms already.

Why dont u get an Alto or zen n run on LPG if mileage is the issue...?

Anyways whats your friends budget?
Old 13th May 2007, 13:25   #3
BHPian

My friend is afraid of fitting lpg. He is a diesel fan, i also put these points and unavailability of parts. But he is in friends with a parts dealer in tvpm, and the guy assured him of parts.
Old 13th May 2007, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

But still whats the fun in getting an unreliable diesel n no fun to drive which is past its prime..If he's a die hard diesel fan he should get a CRDi..

U still havent mentioned about the budget he has?
Old 14th May 2007, 06:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
But still whats the fun in getting an unreliable diesel n no fun to drive which is past its prime..If he's a die hard diesel fan he should get a CRDi..
Have you driven one yet? If not, i would request you to do so! Without CRDi or even the Turbo, its one of the greatest diesel engine in India. Hell, once i even smoked it along with an Elantra CRDi The 3rd gear is an absolute delight, you have to experience it to believe it! The in-gear acceleration in the 3rd gear from 20-80 km/hr would put many cars to shame, including petrol! My car has done almost 97,000kms in 97 months and has encountered only very few issues in 8 years. The only gripe i have is that we didn't go for Power Steering at that time , it requires some effort during city traffic & parking. In my family alone, there are 5 Uno D, but none would give them away! The only thing not good about it is its looks, but its highly practical as well. You can see the front end of the bonnet, thereby making it easier to manoveur in the city traffic & parking. The slope in the hatch provides you with much more boot space, maybe double that of M800 or Alto. The interior space is also generous compared to other small cars.

Well maintained cars are available at a little more than 1Lakh. Look for the classifieds in Newspapers, there will be plenty of them trying to upgrade.
Old 14th May 2007, 09:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
its one of the greatest diesel engine in India. Hell, once i even smoked it along with an Elantra CRDi
Its possible , sometimes old engines can really choke new cars to death ..Just joking ....but anyway I 've heard its very strong from 20-80. I drive a sienna TD which is the same engine + turbo. Its good till about 100. Can really play around with the car . I've driven an Elantra Crdi....and the engine is phenomenal , better than any other Diesel tranny's that hyundai has brought to this land.
Old 14th May 2007, 10:41   #7
BHPian

His budget is around 1.5 lakhs. My diesel matador amby also performs well after a recent tune up. Good pick up in th gear.
Old 14th May 2007, 12:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Why not a Astra D?

Quote:
I've driven an Elantra Crdi....and the engine is phenomenal , better than any other Diesel tranny's that hyundai has brought to this land.
The Vernas engine and the Embera's CRDi are much better please. The Embera's CRDi will do duty in the new Elantra.
Old 14th May 2007, 20:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Why not a Astra D?

The Vernas engine and the Embera's CRDi are much better please. The Embera's CRDi will do duty in the new Elantra.

dude those are next gen. Engines ! Its bound to be better. I meant at that time ( Acc/Tucson/elantra/Terracan). The 2litre unit in Elantra has good top end unlike accent's unit + with a pete's its even better ! Am not a hyundai fan but this car made me respect this company ! Frankly I was searching for a sparingly used ones a couple of months back but finally ditched the plan fearing unavailability of spare parts in future.

Last edited by maxbhp : 14th May 2007 at 20:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks