Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 09:10   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The sad state of Journalist YouTubers (Pradeep on Wheels)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
By posting this here, we are just enabling the 'Youtuber' in getting more hits.
This is correct. These low-level youtube types don't care about good or bad publicity, any publicity is what they're after. Same tactics used by B-grade Bollywood stars and lesser known cricketers. Ignore their posts/antics completely, that works best.

You might watch the video and comment negatively about their actions, but they have achieved what they set out to do, got another click so they can approach ad-spenders saying "my video got x clicks in just y hours".

Request the mods to remove the video from the initial post at least, so we don't reflexively click and end up encouraging these jokers.

Last edited by am1m : 17th August 2021 at 09:20.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 09:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

OLA has created so much hype that people are going there to check out the factory. What's wrong in that? Only natural curiosity, and human tendency. It's akin to paparazzis running behind celebs, waiting for them at airports, camping outside their homes, etc. Don't we watch that content? Its acceptable behaviour these days, as there is no choice but to go along. (Selfies with famous personalities, anyone?). This initiative by the automaker is a smash hit and a sensation. I think Ola should let this incident go, (not create any negativity), bring in more security - and concentrate on the gargantuan task ahead. I mean, they're talking of a scooter built every two seconds! I'm sorry but that's just my opinion

Last edited by Sebring : 17th August 2021 at 09:23.
Old 17th August 2021, 09:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

What Ola should do is, arrest and put him behind bars for trespassing in to their property which is an under construction site to boot, and withdraw once he removes the stupid video. And tell TN police to give some special treatment while he is inside. That will set him straight.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 09:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
And tell TN police to give some special treatment while he is inside. That will set him straight.
As much as I dislike these brash youtube content creators, that would be an overreaction, no?

And remember if we support police action just because we don't like someone, we remain vulnerable to the same kind of action just because someone doesn't like something we do.

From a PR point of view, if Ola goes all out, they end up becoming the bad giant corporation victimizing the small guy. The youtuber automatically gets sympathy.

Ignore this video. Best thing to do all around.

Last edited by am1m : 17th August 2021 at 09:40.
am1m is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 09:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't be surprised if this person also goes and asks for freebies at businesses in exchange for tagging/featuring them in his videos. We should let this go, as the thread will only pile up video view count.
In this social clout business, any publicity is good publicity. Sad but true. I wish there was a platform where condemning such behavior results in curbing it but there isn't.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 11:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
This is correct. These low-level Youtube types don't care about good or bad publicity, any publicity is what they're after. Same tactics used by B-grade Bollywood stars and lesser known cricketers. Ignore their posts/antics completely, that works best.
E Bull Jet got arrested. Some kid who made a video foully abusing the police for arresting E Bull Jet got arrested.

Another YouTuber called Toxic Madan got arrested.

And a Bigg Boss Tamil contestant and small time actress named Meera Mithun, famous for making controversial statements, made one too many, and got arrested just the other day.

Sooner or later these cheap publicity seekers will learn that overstepping limits is not a wise thing for them to do.
hserus is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:08   #22
BHPian

After creating a nuisance, he has the audacity to declare that Ola people were scared of and hiding something that was going on in the factory!

Seriously? Thinks he is Rip Kirby or what?

While they did the right thing by shooing him away, unfortunately, this tribe of callous, brash, ludicrous, inarticulate vloggers is only on the rise.
pannags is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

One hypothetical situation...
Ola allows such folks on the construction site & a fatal injury happens, that's more than sufficient to cover Ola's branding than the actual scooter. I'm wondering if the same guys have audacity to walk into Heavy Vehicles Factory to cover the engine components of Arjun? Or visit Tata Motors for covering Defense Armored Safari & do a foul cry?

Whatever be the case, now these guys are wide known audience now

Edit - Comments were turned off in YouTube for this video, probably they don't want to hear public's opinion? On a serious note, these guys need to watch Brain Games, especially the episode on Power of Persuasion!!

Last edited by aargee : 17th August 2021 at 13:44.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

I guess no publicity is bad publicity.

This thread will give him thousands of views! People who hate OLA already, because of driver cancellations and all, will fall prey to confirmation bias and subscribe to him.

This social media world is horrible. I am worried about this generation, which considers this virtual world as important as real world.
2000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

YT has put a 'Dislike' button for a reason. Click it and move on... That will teach him a lesson, our advice/comments won't..
SnS_12 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
YT has put a 'Dislike' button for a reason. Click it and move on... That will teach him a lesson, our advice/comments won't..
Both like and dislike count as engagement, which is good in Youtube POV. The best option is to not watch the video at all, now that we have other views of other Bhpians about what is shown.
Jaguar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:05   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Your thread title is very misleading. I came in here expecting to hear about how little money Youtuber make through advertising etc.

From what I understood this Youtuber Pradeep drove 150 km to the Ola scooter factory without informing anyone from the company that he was landing up, let alone ask for permission to shoot. He deserved to be thrown off the property. Also don't think anyone from Ola is going to lose their jobs over this. So it's a whole storm in a teacup and will die down in a week or two.
noopster is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:50   #28
BHPian

This is just a publicity stunt for views and nothing else. There has been a exponential increase in moto vloggers and auto related Youtubers especially during the pandemic who would do anything to get more views. Some even go to an extent of staging everything including their road rage escapades and other ‘interesting’ events. On top of it the creativity they put in their thumbnails in just mind boggling. All in the name of click baiting viewers.
This case seems to be on the same lines. Ola has got everyone’s attention with their scooter line up and this guy wanted to get a piece of that. Even if that meant him doing the heroic trespassing to report absolutely nothing and then ranting how Ola stopped him. Ola does not need to respond to any of this. It’s just not worth it.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:58   #29
BHPian

Afraid of sounding wrong, If there was no sign of private property or no trespassing sign and if the land where they were standing was not under any fence or boundary, (I can see a boundary in the back),

My two cents

1. Both are wrong, more so the workers if it was open land without boundary. Using abusive language is not correct and they should have called security instead of engaging themself at first, as they were doing later.

2. This is one-sided truth and should be taken with pinch of salt.

3. The guy's reaction on both sides is uncalled for.

Regards
Old 19th August 2021, 12:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I repeat what I said in other thread

The sad state of Journalist YouTubers (Pradeep on Wheels)-photo1541745183274cb9189bfe734.jpg

This publicity is what they expect and increasing the no. of views through Team-BHP will encourage them (as well as others) to repeat it.

I wish this thread is deleted (like the other one)
Mr.Boss is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks