Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 22:42   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
PS: can i scratch it..

Godfather
What do you want to scratch on Stumpy?

McLaren1885, You really should send this article to some publication man - its worth it.

Last edited by theMAG : 15th May 2007 at 22:51.
Old 15th May 2007, 22:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Godfather
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
What do you want to scratch on Stumpy?
What i was referring to here was the Car... Nothing else.. You have a sick mind.. .

Godfather
Old 15th May 2007, 22:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up man....good to know so many fanatics are there in our forum....who can spend so much of the Benjamin's on mod there car.....even I spend a lot on my ICE setup of my car some people think I am a fool to spend so much....but again it is the passion in us to keep us going.....cheers man....
Old 15th May 2007, 23:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice Write up..!!
Keep the spirit going ..!!
Old 15th May 2007, 23:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice Write up..!!
Keep the spirit going ..!!
Yeah.. Just read the entire thread again..and it has brought a Tear to my Eye.. Sob..Sniff..
When are you getting the Turbo.. Heard that the Compression is lowered again.

Godfather
Old 15th May 2007, 23:25   #21
BHPian

Mclaren....OMG tht was the best ever write up by one about the affection towards once car i had ever read on t-bhp...
Really man i Respect u for the level of patience and care u have towards ur baleno...sheee i really want to be in bangalore to have a company amongst u ppl....
hmmm modding a car really needs willpower ...hehe i cant even manage to get my simple rx to get a nice mod....
Old 15th May 2007, 23:38   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Guys thanks for the wonderful reviews .. Wasn't expecting this kind of a response ..

I would like to thank my parents for putting up with a lot of trouble from my side , specially my dad who used to open doors at really odd hours .. For the support he has always rendered , both mentally and financially .. For being kind enough to get me ICE worth 70k , NOS kits worth 72k , and nearly 50k just for track days and an even insane amount for goa , ooty trips and many more , fuel expenses etc .. I love you dad .. Sorry for not being there at family functions , for having troubled you to search for alternate means of transport while the car was at the garage or taking part in events .. For never objecting to my madness ..

I would also like to thank my GF whose had to put up with even more trouble .. Spend hours with me at the garage seeing me getting the car done up , inspiring me at my madness .. Infact she gifted me a Clutch Assembly & an FPR for my birthday .. For being really understanding and being with me in tough times .. I couldn't have done it without her .. Not when she knew very well that I loved my car more than her .. Or so I had been telling her .. Truth is I love her as much ..

And sorry to all those guys whom I might have hurt by not giving the keys to the car .. I am helpless in this regard .. Specially my college friends who dont understand my POV ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnypunia
The Baleno must have felt as if it was running on NOS.. blowing past a merc doing 200
Oooppsss .. Talking about NOS , there was a point where we installed Nitrous on the car .. Due to non-availability of proper sized jets we had to fabricate them and it didn't work quite well (and that chance of firing NOS on the car remains yet another dream).. Also I never wanted nitrous , dream has been turbo all the way .. Or maybe turbo and nitrous ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Dude, Give up dragging cars and going to college ..
.. Did you really mean that ?? I aint no writer material , this thread came just from the heart .. And like the yeti says "It shows" ..

Quote:
you are knows as the ' rubber kid ' by the Delhi guys who met you .
Damn , can imagine the look on your faces had I shown you the tires in reality .. Rubber Kid ?? I am sure our Mag will make a different meaning out of it .. He is filthy I tell you ..

Quote:
though I wonder of you will do the same when you have her TC'd ??
Anytime .. Psycho , memo , v1p3r , yourself never need asking me .. The car is as much your's as its mine ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
You know what you want, where you need to go to get it
Often people call me stubborn .. And those who know me will agree to it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Dunno how you manage.
Its simple a task .. Get them so frustrated that they dont bother anymore .. Actually they love me too much to say anything ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytunerfriendwholovestoshowhislegs
Note: It seems to have left me with empty pockets myself paying for dinners / coffee's etc.
Looking forward to many more such late night meets .. Specially now that you have a huge hike in salary ..

Quote:
Ever heard of a small gift in a large package
So when are you gifting me my Turbo Kit ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather
Now i know why you shifted your drink to Whiskey...
Its RUM .. And NO you cant .. Not unless you want me to run you over with Memo's G27A ..

Quote:
What i was referring to here was the Car... Nothing else.. You have a sick mind..
Yes , we all know ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbm
even I spend a lot on my ICE setup of my car some people think I am a fool to spend so much..
I also spent quite a lot on ICE .. Until I reached that stage where I had no money for ICE anymore .. Jb and gunbir will agree with me ..

PS : I have been threatened by Psycho that he will come back at me .. That he will put up a thread on the tuner's perspective on modding cars .. Knowing the silent mad scientist that he is I am looking forward to this a lot .. And Keshav aka madman aka MadScientist aka Buddha aka Psycho aka Tunner thanks for being there .. And thanks for those fabulous deals and for putting up with my nonsense .. Couldn't have done it without you .. I love you too .. Mahesh before you get to your dirty thoughts , I meant it in a brotherly way .. Over and out ..
Old 15th May 2007, 23:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Anytime .. Psycho , memo , v1p3r , yourself never need asking me .. The car is as much your's as its mine ..
Ahem...

Godfather
Old 15th May 2007, 23:59   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Ahem...

Godfather
Didn't know you were in the waiting list .. I was of the opinion that you only wished to run over my car with your truck .. She is yours anytime ..

Quote:
Just read the entire thread again..and it has brought a Tear to my Eye..
Bussss aisa mat kar .. Stop it .. Now you are going to make me cry too ..

Quote:
When are you getting the Turbo.. Heard that the Compression is lowered again.
It will take sometime sumit , due to pressure have to get back to studies for a while .. All in due time and when the finances fall in place .. Need to gather 1.5L for the complete kit and install ..
Old 16th May 2007, 00:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

hey Rahul , Alexander Hamilton would take a 2nd seat after reading this bro'!!
My respect for you has only grown after reading this !! Hats off man.

It takes a lot to do what you have done on the car and to get to what you have achieved today.

There is always a tomorrow for everyone and yes am sure you will get to what you have wanted to acomplish.Goodluck !!

Now get back to studies .
Old 16th May 2007, 00:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know you were in the waiting list .. I was of the opinion that you only wished to run over my car with your truck .. She is yours anytime ..
If i dont get to Drive it.. That will be the fate.

Quote:
It will take sometime sumit , due to pressure have to get back to studies for a while .. All in due time and when the finances fall in place .. Need to gather 1.5L for the complete kit and install ..
Best of Luck.. Spend that same amount of time on studies as you did on garages and modding cars and you could be president of IIM's .

Godfather
Old 16th May 2007, 00:47   #27
BANNED

And for those who dont know what car I am talking about here is a sneak peak :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-712.html
Old 16th May 2007, 00:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic write up from one of the greatest car lovers I have seen.

Wish you all the very best.
Old 16th May 2007, 01:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up Mclaren, lots of effort has gone in making your car what it is, i just love to hop in you gallery and check out the specs, which are mind blowing.
Old 16th May 2007, 02:06   #30
BANNED

kiddo .... Ive read this thread a few times allready and it simply amazes me how you put ur heart into words and that too so frigging beautifully . That car is one helluva lucky piece of machine to have you raping her and then loving her , and just in the right ratios .

I wish you had gone on and on writing ..... I keep logging back in just hoping that I see something more added but so far NO LUCK !!!

And yes , Ill keep reminding you about hqnding your car keys to me though next time I have a feeling I will not manage pushing her as much as I could !!! ;-)

Most Viewed