Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 00:40   #31

Re: A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!

@Mods, please accept my sincere gratitude for maintaining and nurturing this beautiful place called Team BHP. Thanks for all your efforts.

It's not a car forum, it's pure love. A place, where one can find advice and guidance on any sphere of life.

Regards,
A_KP
Old 25th September 2021, 14:55   #32
BHPian

Kudos to all the mods for investing so much time and effort in order to keep the quality of the forum top notch as also democratic, with even views contrary to their own being respected and promoted. I personally highly value all the opinions expressed by GTO and all the mods.

One thing I often feel is that it's time to have gender diversity on the mod panel. It would encourage more diversity in membership & participation and add whole new perspectives & ideas to the discussions here. I guess not only mods but even us members should do all we can to increase the participation of the fairer, more intelligent and more empathetic sex.
Old 25th September 2021, 15:50   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
One thing I often feel is that it's time to have gender diversity on the mod panel. It would encourage more diversity in membership & participation and add whole new perspectives & ideas to the discussions here.
Rule #13 says no politics should be discussed on the forum. It applies to Identity Politics too. There is no restriction on women joining the forum, posting content and eventually raising to DBHPian or Moderator. All promotions beyond SBHPian are based on merit and contribution. We don't promote members based on their identity of belonging to a certain gender, religion, caste, race, state, nationality, etc. If we start making exceptions, then someone can demand similar provision for LGBTQ, Religious minority, NRI, mother tongue, state of residence, etc.

Quote:
..of the fairer, more intelligent and more empathetic sex.
Then merit based system will work wonderfully in their favour.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2021 at 21:53. Reason: Minor typo
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
. We don't promote members based on their identity of belonging to a certain gender, religion, caste, race, state, nationality, etc. If we start making exceptions, then someone can demand similar provision for LGBTQ, Religious minority, NRI, mother tongue, state of residence, etc.

Then merit based system will work wonderfully in their favour.
I did not mean this suggestion to be political, the idea didn't even cross my mind.

One thing I would want to humbly submit is that even the much vouched 'merit' is an outcome of circumstances. As an absolute indicator, it's very biased on to the side of privileged.
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:32   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One thing I would want to humbly submit is that even the much vouched 'merit' is an outcome of circumstances. As an absolute indicator, it's very biased on to the side of privileged.
This is a car forum, and only 2.5% of Indian families own at least one car. My parents never owned a car. I could say my car or our car for the first time at age 24. Since I have been on both sides, I understand privilege or lack of it. For the first 24 years, I had no interest in discussing cars with anymore. Did I deserve a seat at the table then, just because I was underprivileged, and despite my lack of passion for cars?

This is an automobile discussion forum, for people privileged enough to own automobiles. Those who are most passionate about discussing cars, while contributing high quality content raise to the top. That is it. It is that simple. Social justice for the under privileged is not the goal of the forum. We can't be everything for everyone.
Samurai is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:57   #36
BHPian

@moderators, it would be very informative if you guys do post your experiences on how you actually do the moderation work. Things like:

1. How much time you guys spend
2. Do you guys use any automation(ML?) for flagging offensive posts?
3. Share some of your good, bad, and interesting experiences.

Regards,
lsjey

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th September 2021 at 01:25. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Old 27th September 2021, 09:44   #37
BHPian

I joined this forum around 10 months ago, when I was searching for a new car. I was excited, and constantly looking/searching for information. Few of my friends who were Team BHP members, indicated that I will not as enthusiastic, once I purchase my car.

Now, it has been 8 months, since I have purchased my car, but I am still looking at this forum everyday morning for interesting new threads, and search for information on topics that want to know. It is self revelation(!) to see my growing interest in automobiles, and I am 56 years old !.

The enormous amount of time and energy invested by the moderators on this forum, speaks volumes for their passion.
Old 25th September 2022, 11:55   #38
BHPian

A big thanks to all of you who have made this thing happen in the first place. Many are working hard to contribute by giving tips and sharing valuable information in daily threads. Thus, we all have benefited by saving time and money which is really great. Would call it simply selfless devotion to Team BHP forum.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quality > Quantity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
If TBHP is Hogwarts
GTO is our Dumbledore
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
100% agreed. Team-BHP is like the iPhone/iOS of the automobile world. Walled garden, but a lovely one at that.
1+ to all of you.

At first, I was at hesitant about getting a membership on Team-BHP, because I read somewhere that the Mods were too strict. But, after becoming a member, I can assure you that even if they are strict, they are a sweet and passionate group of people. It takes a lot of effort to moniter each and every post. If not for them and the strict rules, this forum wouldn't be as decent and unique as it is now.

The read somewhere thing reminds that such websites open for anybody to sign up. This is what makes Team-BHP unique. Just like GTO said, Team BHP's motto is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quality > Quantity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Only thing I dislike about TEAM-BHP is that, every now and then totally irrelevant threads take birth!. I do not want to quote any examples, but just my opinion.
You can't really call it irrevelant. It adds a lot of diversity to the forum and attracts a wider audience. For example, I really like the cricket thread because after automobiles, the next thing I am passionate about is cricket. And also not every member here is an automobile enthusiast. They join the forum to take and give knowledge.

The cricket thing reminds me of the mod who replied to my first post. He also is very active on the cricket thread.

A very warm and heartfelt thank you to all the mods.

PS: Team-BHP is the only forum that I am a member of. I don't plan on becoming a member of any other forum any time soon.

Last edited by MDH75 : 25th September 2022 at 13:47.
Old 25th September 2022, 15:04   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Within India I'd say Team BHP is the best moderated, most balanced and highest quality platform in the world of social media no matter which subject you pick. Because the quality is kept high by the moderators it then attracts the right breed of high quality content writers and it becomes a blessed spiral upwards. Our Moderators do a selfless, demanding and thankless task something like the wise and loving mother who is a home maker. You just have to go to the comments section of websites like say Bloomberg and other similar news feeds to see simply how far ahead Team BHP is. And Team BHP maintains this very high standard of discussion and civil conduct in a world where social media is a cesspool of negativity and EQ determined by the weakest member of the forum.

Kudos to our Moderators and GTO.

In all these years I never wrote a single worthwhile online article on my subjects of aviation, warships, missiles on websites devoted to those subjects simply because I had no desire to get mired in fist fight inside a pig sty. But Team BHP showed itself to be made of a different mettle.

A sincere word of unwanted and unasked advice - if we get pulled up by the Moderators then it is something we should take in our stride, listen & learn and keep moving. All of us including older codgers like me get hauled up to the principals office occasionally.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th September 2022 at 15:11.
V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 20:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

The biggest draw about T-BHP for me is that 'No personal attacks' are allowed ! In today's social media driven communication pattern, the easiest for people are to attack others who don't align to their thoughts or buy one's arguments.

I see a lot of forums where lobbying happens to attack some who dare to put up honest reviews and experiences and over time, other members start to take sides with the more powerful ones (admins) and then members stop posting / contributing as it no longer makes sense. Team bhp has grown from strength to strength because of this factor too. While I had memberships in multiple forums, after experiencing either biased attitude or lack the zeal, I have continued ONLY with T-BHP.

Mods - Congratulations on keeping this forum clean, and continue to treat everyone equally - it's no mean task! Well done and all the best.

To all members, I know there are thoughts that Distinguished-BHPians and Mods can be arrogant and enjoy privileges of treating other members poor (at least few members do think so), but even we are asked to extremely polite and unbiased in our comments and responses. Also, that the folks need to suck up to the Mods - nope, nothing of that sort. One needs to align to the policies of the forum and it's a standard for everyone including Mods, Distinguished-BHPians, and everyone else on this forum.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th September 2022 at 10:44. Reason: D -> Distinguished-BHPians :)
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 22:24   #42
PGA
BHPian

Sometimes I feel only set of balanced guys left in the country are on Team BHP.

Undoubtedly, the forum is right on top in this wild world of social media not only qualitatively but quantitatively as well, for the amount of diverse opinions and queries that get generated and replied sensibly and quite honestly. It's truly a 'Team'.

To take it there and to keep on steering it for last 17 years, my salute and sincere applause to the Mods and the Super Mod. I feel distinguished BHPian too deserve appreciation for they lend gravity and maturity to the forum.

I believe a popular quote by Allama Iqbal epitomizes work of the Moderators

" ख़ुदी को कर बुलंद इतना कि हर तक़दीर से पहले
ख़ुदा बंदे से ख़ुद पूछे बता तेरी रज़ा क्या है "

And they have certainly done it for Team BHP.
PGA is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks