Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:38   #1
BHPian

A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!

This is to acknowledge how lucky we in India are to have a forum like TeamBhp for a variety of reasons.

It is because of this forum that a great many issues we face with manufactures, insurers, after market suppliers etc., are resolved quickly and even fearfully. This forum has been a great boon for the everyday Joe to highlight his plight and to give it due prominence. Not only that of course, but so many of our questions on motoring, ownership, sales, after market stuff, mods and everything else have a place to be discussed and answered.

I would like to give a special shout out to the moderators for building such a good community here. Don't get me wrong, but I think this no easy task especially in a country like India, where many of us do not follow forum rules and etiquette. The constant vigil the mods have on every post - again no easy task, has ensured that the forums are in very good order. Though many of us might think that the mods are too strict and too intrusive, I firmly believe it is precisely because of that that the forums are in such good order. And also the strict policy and reviewing of every new membership is truly commendable and has ensured the quality of this forum. Again, no easy task.

A note on all of us; the way many of us reach out even on personal levels to advice, help, support, etc. is a fantastic thing and we are all rock stars, really! But again made possible only because of the strict vigil the mods pay to every post and membership.

Thank you mods, for building this community. You guys have made motoring an easier and better experience for SO many of us! GTO, a special shout out to you. I don't know if you have a special affinity towards me or you keep an eye on everyone - but your corrections have been much appreciated.

[Note to mods. I am sure a thread exists regarding the above, but I could not find it. Please do move this where appropriate.]

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 22nd September 2021 at 13:42.
thirdmainroad is offline   (139) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!

What a wonderful thread ! I really liked this gratitude thread and would like to specifically thank
all the moderators and super moderator GTO for their efforts and contribution.

I somehow see a great anology between this forum and our schools. If we assume all TBHPians are students of this TBHP school which teaches us 360⁰ view of automobiles ABC to deepest engineering involved, our moderators are teachers who punishes us for our mischievous behaviour. And GTO is our headmaster who issues TC OR rusticates us from the school for some time.

Now coming to fellow BHPians, what a depth of knowledge each one of you have ! ! No words to express my gratitude. Samurai on scientific methodology and topics, Jeroen on his aerospace engineering, tskk1979's spiritual knowledge, Leh Ladakh trip thread, hserus's inputs on insurance, and many more have just been mind blowing.

I sincerely take this opportunity to thank each one of you for being my co-students and teaching me the lessons of life.

Due to time constraints, I am not be able write about other 1000s of other mates who are GURUs in this forum. But that doesn't not mean, I don't owe my gratitude. A big applause to all of you and I consider myself to be blessed to be part of this forum to interact with all of you.

Last edited by gkveda : 22nd September 2021 at 13:59.
gkveda is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
I would like to give a special shout out to the moderators for building such a good community here. Don't get me wrong, but I think this no easy task especially in a country like India, where many of us do not follow forum rules and etiquette. The constant vigil the mods have on every post - again no easy task, has ensured that the forums are in very good order.

Thank you mods, for building this community. You guys have made motoring an easier and better experience for SO many of us! GTO, a special shout out to you. I don't know if you have a special affinity towards me or you keep an eye on everyone - but your corrections have been much appreciated.
I totally get your point and +1.

Regarding the second point again, I thank all the mods for being strict but yet cutting some slack with newbies by editing them, it's a great effort and also shows that you care about genuine points even if there are issues with it. I have been there, made a lot of mistakes and got guidance and felt that patience from all the mods especially from Aditya and GTO - Thank you guys! I still remember the first and only infraction (hopefully the last - touching wood), and at that point I felt the importance of being able to continue to put my opinions and other points, yet didn't feel wrong about it. So, Kudos to the moderation and the overall attitude of the mods.

Thirdly, thanks to all the experts and seniors for all the useful and interesting reads. This is one forum where I come to learn, laugh (some quirky threads), and socialize with like minded people.

Thank you!

Last edited by saikarthik : 22nd September 2021 at 14:10.
saikarthik is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't wish to mention the name of the Moderator, I'm sure he's going to read this & "might" smile. You simply have not changed just my life, but also my children's as well. For all the lessons in history, geography, economics, science & statistics, I don't know how I can repay you Sir.

And it all started with one simple stupid post in Facebook. Thanks to our nations great leaders - Gandhiji & Nethaji.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2021 at 05:27. Reason: As requested
aargee is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:39   #5
SGK
BHPian

Re: A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!

Totally agree on the above points and hats off to the mods and GTO for the extraordinary work. I have been avid team-bhp reader for last 10+ years and never seen any unwanted comments and comments without any value. Also the amount of knowledge this forum carries is remarkable. Apart from my automobile, I frequently check the mutual fund and investment thread for the extraordinary details provided by Smartcat. There is no dearth of information on any topic in team-bhp and happy to be part of this forum.
SGK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:15   #6

Team-BHP = Information + Honestly + Trust + Quality. We have great people in this community and share very useful information but at times, few users get overwhelmed while posting messages that needs moderation. Reviewing thousands of posts on a daily basis, moving and merging them, fixing links, managing quality is no easy job! Because of the quality, structure and flow of information, this forum stands at the top! A big “Thank you” to the founders and moderators!!
CitySen is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 07:44   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From all the Mods, a big thank you, guys . It's our love for cars & Team-BHP that makes us moderate this forum, hour after hour, 24x7x365, consistently for 17+ years. It's a forum we love reading & commenting on ourselves, and we always want to keep it this way. Quality > Quantity.

BHPians make it easy for us as 99% of you respect our forum rules

Trivia: There were 8175 moderator actions in August '21. That's about 260 every day.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2021 at 07:46.
GTO is offline   (106) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:20   #8
BHPian

What a heart warming thread overcome with emotions and gratitude .

TEAM-BHP has actually raised the bar too high to compete with any of the bloggers, vloggers and forums. I learn a new thing everyday from TEAM-BHP.

Only thing I dislike about TEAM-BHP is that, every now and then totally irrelevant threads take birth!. I do not want to quote any examples, but just my opinion.
Nalin1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Only thing I dislike about TEAM-BHP is that, every now and then totally irrelevant threads take birth!. I do not want to quote any examples, but just my opinion.
I, respectfully, disagree with you.

I find them very relevant and useful. This is a new welcoming change that good threads are brought to home page for the benefit of others. Some of them may not be relevant to you, just ignore them.
IP_Man is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:17   #10
BHPian

100% agreed. Team-BHP is like the iPhone/iOS of the automobile world. Walled garden, but a lovely one at that.
eRajesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:23   #11
BHPian

My infractions might be an indication of how much I have got messages and warnings from mods especially GTO sir. All that aside though, these guys deserve a bow to continuously monitor and keep the high standards of such a large community.

@GTO sir, why did I receive the language warning that day, after the second infraction I didn't even post anything serious .
Lowflyer23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:58   #12
BHPian

I fully concur. I have been a big fan of this site for many, many years due to the objective and factual nature of discussions on all things automobiles and motoring. And a big part of this goes to the moderators who have and continue to contribute with their time, energy and knowledge. Thank you for all your efforts!
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:04   #13
BHPian

Having been part of different forums and fb groups, I seriously understand how difficult of a job it is, to be a mod.

99% of the times the users themselves avert posting spam/personal comments. But still that 1% is a huge number on this biggest automobile forum. I appreciate all the hard work you guys do to keep the threads clean and relevant.

Special thanks for Aditya and GTO for those detailed reviews. I wait for those for every single car and every one of them is like a Christmas present for me. It is really hard to keep that level of coverage and there are very few who do that consistently.

Same thing goes for the reviews format that every BHPian here follows.
neelkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:27   #14
BHPian

If TBHP is Hogwarts
GTO is our Dumbledore

A Thankyou note to all the moderators and TBHPians. This is a people's forum and to keep this clean it takes a lot of effort from the Mod's, this is not an easy task.
I've learned a lot from all of you.

Regards
Shivraj
ShivrajG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
100% agreed. Team-BHP is like the iPhone/iOS of the automobile world. Walled garden, but a lovely one at that.
You absolutely nailed it, comparing IPhone speaks about premium quality(I am a S9+ user though ). There is no comparison to Team-BHP in Content(quality, language, knowledge depth, variety, etc). This is the best interactive forum I know, in any area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From all the Mods, a big thank you, guys . It's our love for cars & Team-BHP that makes us moderate this forum, hour after hour, 24x7x365, consistently for 17+ years. It's a forum we love reading & commenting on ourselves, and we always want to keep it this way. Quality > Quantity.

BHPians make it easy for us as 99% of you respect our forum rules

Trivia: There were 8175 moderator actions in August '21. That's about 260 every day.
I have been an avid follower of Team-BHP for 15 years now and a member for 6 years. I believe each of the moderator does 2 full-time jobs(one - their own, two - moderating content). Take a bow to them..
DCharger is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks