Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 17:52   #211
BHPian

re: Recommended water purifier?

Anyone having experience with Pureit Marvella RO. Looks to be decently priced at 13.5 K with RO+UV. I had pleasant experience with its flagship table top filter in terms of after sales service, which used to be super quick. Also they sell other components of the body in case they break. I was not happy about the durability of their built.
Seeing the number of complaints about Kent and EurekaForbes on the internet I am scared to buy one. Kent's reported problems are both with design issues and poor after sales service. For Eureka Forbes its mostly expensive maintenance and non responsive customer care. But I feel Aquaguards are more durable as there have been more people reporting about using aquaguard for 9-10 years which wouldn't be possible with flimsy built.
Called up zero B, they transferred the call to customer care and finally dropped it before any one could attend it. Also Hyderabad lists in their sales network but not in the service network list. So don't know what it means.
My apartment has water supplied from borwell and is hard, last time one of the purifier guys tested the TDS was about 250. Looking for an RO purifier because in future we may have to switch to tankers if there is water shortage.
I already own a Fiat and I don't want any other product in my home that requires special efforts for securing after sales service other than my car.

Last edited by huntrz : 12th July 2012 at 17:56.
Old 12th July 2012, 20:23   #212
Senior - BHPian

My friend i feel all sail in the same boat i guess and feel AG a better bet, at my parents place we have been using AG RO system for more then10years, yes the maintenance is bit high but thier products are pretty good.

I had installed "pureit" though promising product, but sad ***, also learnt the quality of filters deteriorated with time...

I upgraed to AG recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Anyone having experience with Pureit Marvella RO. Looks to be decently priced at 13.5 K with RO+UV. I had pleasant experience with its flagship table top filter in .....
Old 13th July 2012, 18:50   #213
BHPian

Took the AG plunge. Got AG Total Enhance installed. Cost 13990+300(for wall mount stand). Its an RO only model Tasted it water at a friend's place and was convinced. TDS in my tap water was found to be 490. Didn't go for Kent and Pureit Marvella RO as I was doubtful about their long term durability(strictly personal opinion)
Keeping fingers crossed about After Sales support. As mentioned by sgiitk before I am hoping there will be enough private guys servicing aquaguard in the market even if their own customer care is dozing.
Additional info about those who are unaware- Eureka Forbes' Aquasure range of purifiers are sold by various retailers(Reliance digital, Hypercity, Flipkart etc) where as Aquaguard range is sold by Eureka Forbes agents and dealers only. Both the ranges have purifiers having different RO,UV combinations and different TDS supports. So with Aquasure models one is more likely to get a better deal.
Old 13th July 2012, 19:30   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Took the AG plunge.
Huntrz , do you have to keep the unit ON always ? . How much power consumption does it take ? .

Or can you turn it on for few minutes , get like 20 liters of water( stored separately) for the days use and later switch it OFF ?
Old 13th July 2012, 19:51   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Huntrz , do you have to keep the unit ON always ? . How much power consumption does it take ? .

Or can you turn it on for few minutes , get like 20 liters of water( stored separately) for the days use and later switch it OFF ?
You don't need to keep it switched on always. You can use it exactly the way you mentioned i.e. store the amount of filtered water you need then switch it off. Its 8 litre tank takes about 30 -40 minutes to fill. Power is rated at 40 watts as per the manual.
Old 13th July 2012, 20:06   #216
Senior - BHPian

Santosh, dont need to keep it on but even if you do power consuption is negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

Old 1st August 2012, 11:39   #217
BHPian

Hi,

Had a few interactions with sales reps from different companies. Ion exchange, Aqua Excell. Aquaspa. Have another one scheduled with Eco crystal. Came to know about these companies through different posts in this thread.

Ion exchnage guy said that they dont use Filmtech membrane, but rather adopt a different technology. He did not mention cellulose acetate membrane though. It was ESPA (Energy saving poly amide). Now, I do not know the pros and cons of this membrane. Can someone throw some light.
Prices were in the 15-17k range - while I was looking for something in the 10-12 k range.

Aqua Excell and Aqua Spa were sold through the same distributor. The Aqua Spa one had something called a mineralizer, apart from RO and UF. Some models had UV as well. Is this mineralizer another gimmick? Could not gather much information about the same in the web. The idea is it will restore some lost minerals (due to RO) back into the water.
I felt, the problem is most of these guys simply copy some foreign technology without even understanding the back end. Probably it is doing some good stuff - but that they are not able to articulate it well - keeps the customer circumspect.
These machines were in the 10-14k range with most of them offering 10l storage and 10-15 lph processing rate.

And yeah, right now where I stay in North Bangalore, we do have a borewell and also get BWSSB water. RO is definitely not a necessity with the current TDS levels, but with the uncertainity of source and also the fact I might not be staying in the same place for long, makes RO desirable.

Would appreciate some pointers/ guidance.

thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:17   #218
BHPian

ZedMae,

I have been using the Aquaguard Reviva RO filterever since it was launched. I have had no problems with it except for filter changes. Even that also I have changed because I wanted it changed not that it was necessary. Last change the TDS was 22 and it was working fine. Changed, as it was already 3 yrs old.

Its better to go for RO filter since it is much safer - my opinion.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:05   #219
BHPian

Installed AG Reviva RO. 12490 was the unit cost and 300 for installation (wall mounted). The membrane catridge had a label "Mfg in Dehra Dun". Spoke with the customer relationship guy and he said that the membrane is imported from Korea and the unit is assembled in Dehra Dun. Seems they have four other assembling units in India. The other pre/ post filters are made by local players.

@bbops1: thanks for the suggestion

cheers
Old 7th August 2012, 22:16   #220
Senior - BHPian

Folks
Here is an update of my Kent RO filter's maintenance cost for the past 3 years. I had bought the unit sometime in Feb/ Mar, 2009:-
  1. Feb 2010. Rs 800 on new candle, sediment filter and carbon
  2. Sep 2011 Rs 800 on new UV lamp and candle
  3. July, 2012 Rs 2500 on new RO membrame (the original was not filtering fast enough, causing misting inside the glass container at the top.
The last item was indeed costly. But the water quality has been great all through.
Old 27th August 2012, 11:18   #221
BHPian

Think this might throw some light for anyone in the market for one:

http://www.wqa.org/goldseal/goldsealSearch.cfm
Old 27th August 2012, 16:20   #222
BHPian

I heard boiled water is safest.
So is there any filter which does "just that" i.e., boil water, and dispense it after cooling.
Old 31st August 2012, 16:14   #223
BHPian

Any feedback on Tata Swatch ? Please specify model Also if using.
Old 17th September 2012, 02:17   #224
BHPian

Any one using Genpure's RO ? http://www.genpurero.in/products.html . A feedback on the after-sales-service will be great.
Old 17th September 2012, 09:24   #225
BHPian

In our place, the apartment complex only supplies tanker water and it tastes bloody awful. I wanted to check here if I need to look at any specific items/features in these filtration systems that kind of help bring back the original taste in the water.

Currently use an Aquaguard and it tastes pretty darn bad. Willing to spend upto 20K to get a good system that is reliable and relatively maintenance free.

Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks