Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 09:48   #496
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I just bought the Aquaguard Geneus. Still to use it so if anyone has experience with this please comment. Thanks.
I am using this model for the past 2 years. Water quality is also good and no problems faced so far however it is a bit expensive. At my place i have a mix of both Bore-well and corporation water.
Old 12th March 2016, 00:32   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hello guys, we are toeing the idea of buying a RO filter as our house gets a borewell water supply. We have narrowed down to Kent Pearl and Pureit Ultima(HUL). Can someone suggest me as to which is better between the two? We are looking for a product that will serve us for long years and is less on maintenance. So in term of reliability, which from the above is best? Any other brand suggestion is also welcomed.
Thanks.
I am using Pureit Ultima for last 18 months and it is excellent. It also has TDS modulator so that the water tastes good. But be sure that your area doesn't have lot of power cuts as the water dispensing in Ultima model is a power button - although I have seen the guys doing some jugaad (additional tap) in Bangalore where power cuts are of BIMARU scale.

The most important thing to note is that HUL purifiers do not need annual contracts like other water purifiers, which was a big plus for me.
Old 12th March 2016, 07:49   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
I am using Pureit Ultima for last 18 months and it is excellent. It also has TDS modulator so that the water tastes good. But be sure that your area doesn't have lot of power cuts as the water dispensing in Ultima model is a power button - although I have seen the guys doing some jugaad (additional tap) in Bangalore where power cuts are of BIMARU scale.

The most important thing to note is that HUL purifiers do not need annual contracts like other water purifiers, which was a big plus for me.
Thanks for.your suggestion, we just brought it yesterday and looking forward for an uneventful service out of it, it's yet to be installed. Yes I know about the water dispenser being actuated by a solenoid valve, it's not a problem as the dealer said that it can easily run on inverter so no problem on that. One question to you, how much does the germ kill kit cost for this filter?
Old 12th March 2016, 10:24   #499
BHPian

Hi,

One question, is it ok to switch off the unit, when the tank is full, or is it recommended to keep it on?

I had just purchased a kent grand plus, last week, when the tank was full, I switched it off, and today i switched it on, it is working, the UV lamp is on, some vibration is also there, waste water is also getting drained, but no purified water is getting collected!

Regards
Shailesh
Old 13th March 2016, 16:07   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
I am using this model for the past 2 years. Water quality is also good and no problems faced so far however it is a bit expensive. At my place i have a mix of both Bore-well and corporation water.
Thanks and how long does it discard water when you first start it?
Old 13th March 2016, 20:44   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Thanks for.your suggestion, we just brought it yesterday and looking forward for an uneventful service out of it, it's yet to be installed. Yes I know about the water dispenser being actuated by a solenoid valve, it's not a problem as the dealer said that it can easily run on inverter so no problem on that. One question to you, how much does the germ kill kit cost for this filter?
Just recently got both GKK1 and GKK2 replaced - as far as I remember I paid 2000 rupees all inclusive.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:31   #502

I am looking for a RO+UV water purifiers and shortlisted AO Smith Puritee + Hot Z7 and Pureit Ultima RO + UV with Oxytube models, experts please let me know which one does its best based on your experience.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:26   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks and how long does it discard water when you first start it?
Actually i dont remember, but i think it took around 15~20 mns if i am right. Also whenever there is a change in water quality it discards lot of water.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:34   #504
BHPian

Recommended water purifier?

So a cousin of mine wants a RO Water Purifier for his farmhouse that he visits once a week, for only couple of hours. But he has employed a care-taker who lives with his family. He has selected this brand of purifier: http://www.amazon.in/Aqua-18-Ltr-Sup...r+ro+uv+uf+tds

Has anyone here used this one? I was suggesting a branded purifier around 10k, you get a kent and pureit one which does not have UV filteration. Please give your input. This one is available for 5k from one of the other sellers.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:20   #505
BANNED

I was talking to one of the independent guys. Seems the same guts, ie membranes are used by all RO units, so a lot of differentiation is just marketing.
Old 16th April 2016, 20:42   #506
BHPian

I am looking out for a RO water purifier. We have borewell water supply. Has anyone used "Tata Swach 4 Litres Tata Swach Nova Silver RO Water Purifiers", have zeroed in on this model.

How is the TATA Swach service.
Hear that Kent is bad. Pureit could also be dicey, hence scared.
Old 16th April 2016, 20:53   #507

Hello,
I have been using Eureka Forbes aqua guard for around 5 years by now. We have a direct connection of Delhi jal board water, and hence the TDS levels of water that we get after aqua guard is around 130-160.
Due to the increasing water scarcity issue these days, saw some groundwater coming through the aqua guard.

I hence decided to change my aquaguard and I am completely confused to take a decision between a RO or a RO + UV or others. Can someone help me decide? Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 06:54   #508
BANNED

As our son is moving flats we had to get au under counter unit for the new flat (the old one had one). After quite a few hassles with the Kent we did not want another, and the service guy also did not recommend it for this reason. The options were Ion Exchange (ZeroB) and Eureka (Aquasure). we finally went for the Ion Exchange unit. I must say they hide the fact that they are using a ionic (Iodine?) filter in the final polish. They do have a further charcoal stage to clean it up. I had to download the manual to find it out.
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:48   #509
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Replacing a Eureka Forbes integra 7. Want RO; not sure about UV. (Cauvery water supply, stored in sump & then in tank)

Any recommendations?

The service experience with Eureka over the last 3 years has deteriorated very badly. Hence open to any reputable brand with good service.
Old 23rd April 2016, 16:36   #510
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you. My aged folks are begging Eureka Forbes guys to come and replace the filter for three weeks now, and nobody turns up. This is RT Nagar/KB Sandra, Complaint registered under name of GuruD. Plan to give this away and buy a reliable machine, no idea which one. EF was so prompt in the past, wonder what went wrong. Sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Folks

Replacing a Eureka Forbes integra 7. Want RO; not sure about UV. (Cauvery water supply, stored in sump & then in tank)

Any recommendations?

The service experience with Eureka over the last 3 years has deteriorated very badly. Hence open to any reputable brand with good service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks