Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 15:51   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
, meaning once we boil it, the water changes to half white and the vessel inners become white. Like a salt sedimentation, but the water isn't salty.

For my requirement, does a RO+UV required or just the UV?

Had the same issue, but in Bangalore. I brought the Eureka Forbes Enhance RO system and it has been doing duty for the last two years. Their AMC are good and I would suggest to take it, as the replacements are expensive. The AMC is also pretty steep by the way.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:07   #362
BHPian

Quote:
For my requirement, does a RO+UV required or just the UV?
If you are in Bangalore, go with the full option (TDS with UV + UF + RO) from Kent.

I was in the same dilemma last year, I was initially not ready to spend more than 10k on the purifier but later realized that our life is more precious than money, let me get the best option in the market. What if I settle with UV option only & if the water is not tasting good, those questions frequently came to my mind.

UV - this is more than enough for municipal treated water in metro cities, that is not the case with Bangalore, the bore water has a characteristic taste to it, only RO would help.

UF is a add on, UV + RO would do ideally.

All the best with your purchase. I was on the few owners to buy Kent RO in my apartment, majority of the people had opted for aquaguard.
Old 7th August 2014, 16:47   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
So, if you feel that the taste of water is not satisfactory and the TDS level is high, say more than 250-300, you may opt for an RO system.
We use the Manjeera(good) water for drinking and not the bore water. But in current situations, there is no Manjeera or Bore water, just the tanker lorry water. For drinking purposes, we purchase the unbranded/unlabeled 25ltrs can, which should be the same Manjeera water sourced elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Had the same issue, but in Bangalore. I brought the Eureka Forbes Enhance RO system and it has been doing duty for the last two years. Their AMC are good and I would suggest to take it, as the replacements are expensive. The AMC is also pretty steep by the way.
Back in Chennai we have been using Aquaguard from 90s. AMC were costly with the parts too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If you are in Bangalore, go with the full option (TDS with UV + UF + RO) from Kent.
I am from Hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I was in the same dilemma last year, I was initially not ready to spend more than 10k on the purifier but later realized that our life is more precious than money, let me get the best option in the market. What if I settle with UV option only & if the water is not tasting good, those questions frequently came to my mind.

UV - this is more than enough for municipal treated water in metro cities, that is not the case with Bangalore, the bore water has a characteristic taste to it, only RO would help.

UF is a add on, UV + RO would do ideally.

All the best with your purchase. I was on the few owners to buy Kent RO in my apartment, majority of the people had opted for aquaguard.
Manjeera water in Hyderabad can be directly consumed from the tap. Since have a kid, bought the less expensive PureIt Auto-Fill. This served my purpose well.

But since there is no Manjeer now and till the next month or so, cannot trust the PureIt. So thinking on investing on a RO or UV.

1. To know the TDS level, should we call the Aquaguard or Kent guys?
2. Even though IF the water now available is high in TDS, once the water condition has restored, the TDS level will definitely come down. Is it advisable at that time to continue using the RO.
Old 7th August 2014, 17:14   #364
BANNED

re: Recommended water purifier?

Any reportes on the new RO kids on the block - Tata Swatchch and LG.
Old 9th August 2014, 10:10   #365
BHPian

Took the plunge and bought Kent Grand+
Delivery expected today and installation by Monday.
Rs. 16k
Old 9th August 2014, 10:31   #366
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Kent Pearl RO filter for over 10 months now. So far so good. Water taste is fine. The unit has a storage of 8 litres, which gets consumed over a day. But the tank should be cleaned at least twice a month, to avoid moss formation.

No issues with service so far.
Old 9th August 2014, 11:19   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took the plunge and bought Kent Grand+
Delivery expected today and installation by Monday.
Rs. 16k
Good decision I would say. If possible, get a pre-filter too, which is connected between the tap connection and the purifier. This catches a lot of sediments and helps increase the life of the filters inside the purifier. Will not cost more than 1K.
Old 11th August 2014, 09:19   #368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any reportes on the new RO kids on the block - Tata Swatchch and LG.
Hi
Yesterday went and purchased LG model WAW53JW2RP. Registered online for installation. Got a confirmation message saying installation will be done within 2 days. Will update after installation.
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-1407728988942.jpg  

Recommended water purifier?-1407729003241.jpg  

Old 11th August 2014, 10:13   #369
BHPian

Quote:
If possible, get a pre-filter too, which is connected between the tap connection and the purifier.
Where do i source it. Kent or hardware shop?
Old 11th August 2014, 10:17   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where do i source it. Kent or hardware shop?
The Kent guys themselves suggested it and I gave them a go ahead. Now, whenever I clean the prefilter, say every 3-4 months, there is some good amount of impurities & particles stuck in it which otherwise had gone to the RO filter.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:03   #371
BHPian

Quote:
The Kent guys themselves suggested it and I gave them a go ahead. Now, whenever I clean the prefilter, say every 3-4 months, there is some good amount of impurities & particles stuck in it which otherwise had gone to the RO filter.
The Kent guy unfortunately didnt suggest anything to me. The RO is good and does its job well. Now my family is enjoying the crystal clear and sweet water.
Old 7th September 2014, 00:31   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
..Kent has recently come out with a Vegetable & Fruit Purifier....
Any one using this? does it actually do what it claims to do?
Old 7th September 2014, 00:45   #373
Senior - BHPian

Dilip, I am considering getting a LG purifier. It would be great if you could post a review of the machine. One thing I would specifically like to know is whether the machine has enough space to allow water bottles &/or jugs to be placed under the spout for filling up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
Yesterday went and purchased LG model WAW53JW2RP. Registered online for installation. Got a confirmation message saying installation will be done within 2 days. Will update after installation.
Regards
Old 8th September 2014, 05:19   #374
BHPian

I am in need of renewing water purifier at home. Currently using Tata Swatch bulb technology (older) filters. Served good. However with water scarcity, we have to top up building tank with water tanker something like once / twice a week. That is affecting the life of bulbs which hardly last 2 months now.

I am looking at a more robust purifier. There are a lot of water purifiers based on BARC developed technology. BARC claims that it has shared the technology with 18 companies which are commercially selling simplest forms of water purifiers. More so filters with pores so small that microbes / bacterias can't pass through. One of the claimed benefit is that since there are no dead microbes the health protection is far better.

Anybody has any feedback on this. Apparently one needs to backflush the filter over time.

Thanks in advance for your advices.
Old 5th October 2014, 16:57   #375
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Folks - Is anyone using HUL Pure It Ultima RO water purifier? Appreciate if anyone can throw some reviews on it.

Most Viewed