Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 23:27   #541
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Thanks for the reply.

I came across this article, not specific to Kent models but refers to RO systems.

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/sup...-noise-from-ro

It states vibration maybe because of air bubbles, but I am not sure if it applies to our Indian models.
Old 28th September 2016, 17:04   #542
BHPian

Hi,

I am in the market for a UV/UV+UF Water Purifier for home use as water source is municipal water with current TDS of about 120 ppm. Hence requirement of RO is ruled out. Buying a storage based purifier is also not a compulsion.

Read about pathetic service and filter/water leakage problem in both Aquaguard and Kent models. Majorly confused.

The available models i could come across are:

1) Dr. Aquaguard Magna UV + (with 7 ltr storage)
2) Dr. Aquaguard Eternity
3) Kent Maxx Uv+UF (with 7 ltr storage)
4) Aquaguard Superb UV+UF (with 6.5 ltr storage)
5) Aquaguard Enhance UV+UF
6) Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+UF (with 6 ltr storage)

Request inputs and suggestions.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:35   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Hi,
The available models i could come across are:

1) Dr. Aquaguard Magna UV + (with 7 ltr storage)
2) Dr. Aquaguard Eternity
3) Kent Maxx Uv+UF (with 7 ltr storage)
4) Aquaguard Superb UV+UF (with 6.5 ltr storage)
5) Aquaguard Enhance UV+UF
6) Tata Swach Viva Silver UV+UF (with 6 ltr storage)

Request inputs and suggestions.
I'm using Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Magna(RO+UV) since 2 years.
There has been occasional issue with this product (sensor damage and malfunction), and the customer care service is average. They always promise to arrange a technician visit within 24 hours, but you'll have to keep pestering them frequently.
One major con with this product is the water outlet pressure. I feel it is too low, and takes a lot of time to fill any vessel.
I paid around 17k for this product 2 years back. My honest suggestion would be to look for an alternative. Aquaguard service is pathetic in Bangalore!
Old 2nd October 2016, 17:34   #544
BHPian

I am looking for a water purifier which is table top in nature, it must be RO UV enabled. Are there such products ?
I don't have option to drill wall to mount them hence this requirement.
Old 4th October 2016, 11:13   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am looking for a water purifier which is table top in nature, it must be RO UV enabled. Are there such products ?
I was just checking for water purifiers online and stumbled upon AO Smith's website. They have table-top RO+UV water purifiers: https://www.aosmithindia.com/buy-water-purifiers-online/x-series-ro-purifiers
&
https://www.aosmithindia.com/buy-wat...s-ro-purifiers

They have an exchange scheme going on as well. Also, I found three table-top water purifiers from Zero-B
http://www.zerobonline.com/ro-water-purifiers.php
Old 4th October 2016, 15:08   #546
BANNED

@Thilak29; and @greative420; while I have all regard for AO Smith I will go by the theory a known devil is better than an unknown angel - in other words ZeroB. I may add that components like membranes, filters etc are often interchangeable, the catch is in the semi-permanent bits like relays, switches, etc and here ZeroB are probably better.
Old 4th October 2016, 15:39   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out Kent Pearl (RO+UV+TDS controller).

I am using the same and happy with it.

I was not comfortable with the idea of suspending 10 kg of load on 2 puny screws, hence went with the counter top model.

Also, this model has a detachable container, which we can clean as and when required.

Rohan
Old 4th October 2016, 18:42   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Thilak29; and @greative420; while I have all regard for AO Smith I will go by the theory a known devil is better than an unknown angel - in other words ZeroB. I may add that components like membranes, filters etc are often interchangeable, the catch is in the semi-permanent bits like relays, switches, etc and here ZeroB are probably better.

Sir I highly value your comment. In fact, I am looking to replace my Kent UV with an RO+UV+TDS controller unit as the current TDS level where I have recently moved to is about 380. Your earlier comments about their products convinced me and I have asked for a demo from ZeroB guys, which should happen over this weekend. Wish there was a deal on it during this online sale frenzy period. 😉
Old 4th October 2016, 18:47   #549
Senior - BHPian

I had to get one 3 months back and was completely confused by all the options available, eventually went for Aqua guard Superb for round 19K from Croma.
Old 10th November 2016, 11:58   #550
BHPian

Anyone from Mysore, who can recommend best water purifier with decent service? Looking for RO + UV as my source of water is from Borewell + Cauvery Tap water.

Budget is around 10-15K.

Appreciate your help in advance.
Old 10th November 2016, 13:34   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I zeroed in on Ao Smith X7 - bought from Metro C&C @ 17k. Their sales and installation response was more than satisfactory. Hope same continues during service as well.
Old 10th November 2016, 15:26   #552
BANNED

Quote:
I zeroed in on Ao Smith X7 - bought from Metro C&C @ 17k. Their sales and installation response was more than satisfactory. Hope same continues during service as well.
Please do keep us posted with your service experience. I do not expect any regular running issues with a brand like AO Smith. The crux will be the spares, availability, need, and price.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:15   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Please do keep us posted.
Sir - In fact i already had an experience. I had ordered one with pale blue color without realizing all stock ones comes with RED colored panel and they do panel replacement post delivery. My request was duly noted at Metro and replacement panel was shipped next day itself with due tracking mechanism for my request and shipping.
Old 10th November 2016, 19:30   #554
BHPian

Our Pureit Marvella RO slim is dispensing slightly sour water after we changed all the filters (GKK2). I checked the TDS, which is around 50, so we are in the clear there. Any idea what could be wrong?
Old 11th November 2016, 09:44   #555
BHPian

After first buying own TDS meter and a Hanna pH meter i extensively studied water flow diagrams of most of the well advertised RO water purifiers.

And last week i threw away my two year old Kent Pearl and installed LG ww170EP. The new LED UV technology also favored LG instead of the mercury tubes in other RO+UV filters. Its impossible to tell if an UV tube is actually working. AO Smith either have a UV tube or no UV at all. There is no independent review of their Silver Charged Membrane Technology (used in place of UV), even in Consumer Reports.

All Kent ROs mix pre-RO membrane water with that of post-RO membrane filtered water to little bit raise the TDS - and they call it "TDS-Controller ". Then what is point of having a RO membrane at all?

Before buying an RO it pays to check the water-flow diagram of the purifier, not just the stages of filtration. In my quest, i found almost all Indian brands (except Hindustan Lever) passing off impure water mixing with manually adjustable valve as 'TDS controller' - as none of them have the technology to correct pH and mineral contents online within the purifier with a separate self-adjusting mineralising/pH correction cartridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-kent-vs-lg.png  

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 11th November 2016 at 09:57.

Most Viewed