Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 12:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Our journey with Ovarian Cancer

All my prayers for a speedy recovery.
The positive and brave attitudes of all 3 here is really important to keep moving things forward as a breakdown of one can severely impact others emotionally.

Thanks for the supporting comments from other team-bhp members, as they are really informative for me in the sense that the treatment for many has really helped them to get them back to their normal life. Of course, I understand it can be with medications and diet restrictions but it's really promising to hear about it and giving confidence rather than the picture that I used to have about cancer a few years back.
powershift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

An Update:

GTO, seriously, this forum changed a lot of lives and now what I had written in my first post that it could change ours too with a post and IT DID!

RJK pinged me after reading my post and turns out his dad is a superb cancer surgeon who has practiced all his life. RJK and me knew each other through a common friend and from then on we met his dad, my mom was examined and surgery is slated for the coming Tuesday aka 26th October by Dr Jagdeesh at Cumbulla Hill Hospital.

26th is a big day for us, if R0 is achieved during surgery then we have a very good prognosis with the 3 chemo's after that and we are on our way to beating this thing down.

I have read all your messages and will quote and reply all of them soon, its just that the tests along with balancing work has not given me a moment to breath.

All of you are just stars. Thank you for all the support and positive stories.
humyum is offline   (181) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:10   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
... what I had written in my first post that it could change ours too with a post and IT DID!
What an amazing turn of events! You never know who's reading who could be of help, so Rush is right when he says you can reach ONE person with a PM, you can reach EVERYONE with a public post.

Very courageous of you to post this thread, and hoping it all works out for your mom.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd October 2021 at 11:11.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
An Update:

GTO, seriously, this forum changed a lot of lives and now what I had written in my first post that it could change ours too with a post and IT DID!
WOW !

Amazing to connect with the right person when you least expect it.

I am really glad things are working out. Wishing her a speedy recovery and wishing you and your family strength to get through this phase.

We are all here for you.

It was very courageous of you to share such a personal story. The response is overwhelming.

I feel Really blessed to be part of this community.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd October 2021 at 10:55.
drjaygoyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:06   #35
BHPian

Humble request to Moderators,

It will be great if we can have a link on Homepage where each member can request for any help they may require.

Any Bhpian who is willing can then contact the person and extend support.

We had initiated this small initiative on our School Group (we passed out 31 years ago) and this small initiative has really been beneficial to small group of colleagues who were under heavy weather.

Was surprised that almost everyone contributed in their own capacity whenever a call came.

Rest will leave to wisdom of TBHP Moderators as this may create other issues unforseen

regards,
Deepak
dipak1406 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 22:24   #36
BHPian

Dear @humyum,

Thanks for sharing your situation
Our thoughts and prayers are with your mom and you, that she will have a speedy and complete recovery

Heartwarming, that the TBHP members have indeed touched each others' lives, at such a personal level!

Salute to all TBHPians

Regards
ysjoy
ysjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 23:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

My prayers and thoughts with you, May you glide over!

Last edited by getsurya : 23rd October 2021 at 23:33.
getsurya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 21:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An Update:

RJK pinged me after reading my post and turns out his dad is a superb cancer surgeon who has practiced all his life. RJK and me knew each other through a common friend and from then on we met his dad, my mom was examined and surgery is slated for the coming Tuesday aka 26th October by Dr Jagdeesh at Cumbulla Hill Hospital.

26th is a big day for us, if R0 is achieved during surgery then we have a very good prognosis with the 3 chemo's after that and we are on our way to beating this thing down.

I have read all your messages and will quote and reply all of them soon, its just that the tests along with balancing work has not given me a moment to breath.

All of you are just stars. Thank you for all the support and positive stories.
All the Best for tomorrow brother. Our best wishes to all of you.

Moms are Moms. They are the strongest and they teach us to be strongest.

Prayers with you!!!
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

An Update:

So the surgery was scheduled for Tuesday aka 26th October but Dr Jagdeesh had some emergency so it was pushed to Wednesday aka 27th October.

Mom got admitted to the Cumbulla Hill Hospital on 26th in the afternoon some drips were given along with Enema in the night to prepare her for the big operation.

On 27th the Surgery was done. Dr Jagdeesh Kulkarni and his expertise come to play here, R0 was achieved. Everything cleaned up and Jagdeesh uncle told me to relax.

From one post on teambhp to an awesome surgery in 1 week, the world around has come together to get all the pieces together as the time to get them together has come.

Right from going to Nasik and Babu Uncle and his friends who are doctors diagnosing, scans and reports there to 3 chemos to surgery here, everything has fallen into place at the right time. Amazing stuff.

Now we are left with 3 chemos, the first of which will start after a month and 21 days after that the 2nd and last after that 21 days.

My mom was in the ICU for one day and they just shifted her to the room. She has walked a bit, liquid diet for today, then small portions from tomorrow and gradually increasing the intake till she is normal and can come back home in a few days.
humyum is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:08   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi humyum, this thread brought a lump to my throat. Both for your family's distress but also for the way the Team BHP community has rallied around and come through!

My very best wishes to your dear mom for a speedy and complete recovery. Stage 3 cancer is a tough animal to beat and she is indeed fortunate to have a caring family like yours.

Do PM me for any support you may need.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 12:26   #41
BHPian

A sunshine thread - glad to read through & its stories like this that brings everyone a lot of hope. Take care & best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery. I would be glad to help in anyway and any capacity I can. Take care.
Old 30th December 2021, 13:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Each day is a blessing. Spend it like how she wants you to spend it. Never give a chance to regret not doing something. You make sure you do everything that will make you not regret the time you have to spend with her. Past cannot be changed, future cannot be planned for and current is what you have in hand. Enjoy the smallest of things and create as many memories as you can. Every day counts.
I agree. We are already going to be on a mission to do that. Our life is going to be all about that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
@humyum I am sorry to hear all this but would surely pray for your mother. Prayers work wonders and am sure your mother will get well soon.

I was really moved by your post and suddenly realised how easy we take for granted the time we spend with our parents.

God bless your mother with good health and long life. Keep your spirits high, a little bit of meditation will help all of you. My best wishes and convey my regards to your mother.
Thank you Amit. Since we cannot beat the circle of life by they being with us till our very end, we have to make the most of the time we have with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Dude - I’ve PM’ed you, pls get in touch. Definitely help is possible.
Your PM is the one that changed everything

Thanks a ton, even if I thanked you my entire life, it would not be enough.

And to your dad too. Dr Jagdeesh is star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Thank you for sharing this journey with us. Praying for your family to keep their strength, and for your mom to her quick and safe recovery.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
Really sorry to hear about the situation you're going through. I went through the same thing 3 years ago, except the cancer my mother was diagnosed with was Esophageal(food pipe) Carcinoma(Stage 2A) with 18% overall survival rate.
Treatment started in Mumbai. My mother too received the same dose of chemo with 21 days cycle. No radiation therapy was performed. The 3-phase radical esophagectomy was performed after 3 weeks of the last cycle. The surgery was very complicated and lasted 6 hours. Soon after surgery she had dangerously low levels of potassium and magnesium, which messed up her heart rhythm and she had a cardiac arrest, we almost lost her. In the matter of 3 months, due to immense stress and running around, I lost 12 kgs of weight, my mom lost 24 kgs mostly due to the radical surgery.

As of today, she is doing good, although she has barely gained any weight back, but has regained most of her strength. We have taken 5-6 roads trips to the places she always wanted to visit . You can PM me anytime, I would be happy to help.
Thank you for extending the help, so nice of you to do that. I can understand the weight loss, I am still 5 kgs lesser than before.

I will pray for aunty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I hope that your mother recovers soon.

What is bulls milk? I did a quick search and found only recipes for a cocktail of the same name,
Buffalo's milk, I don't know why I said bull that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
He might have meant buffalo milk, which supposedly has more protein content than cow milk.

@humyum - From your description, your mother seems to be a fighter; am sure she will be fit & fine soon. Wish you and your family all the best!
Thank you. She is, we have almost won this for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
Wish your mother a speedy recovery. My extended Family members had their share of 4th stage Cancers and they are doing well now after being cured. But the Post Cancer recovery is a very long process.

Your strength matters the most. Your Dad would be broken from inside but will not show it outside. Thats what Dads are. God bless you all Mate. Take care of your Mom and Dad. My prayers with you so you get to see a day when you add a 5th member to your family and you all go for a trip.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjay View Post
I'm really sorry to know about your plight. You and your dad should do every thing possible to boost up her confidence. Don't worry-She'll recover soon. She will be in our prayers too.
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyaanchinnu View Post
Thanks for taking courage in writing this post and letting us have a share of what you're going through right now.

From the bottom of my heart I pray the Lord Almighty to give your mother all the strength to withstand the side effects of those powerful drugs. I also pray that the Lord gives you and your father strength and comfort to overcome this situation.

I know what it feels like knowing someone you love going through such terrible health problems. Chemo's will take toll on the body, diet plays a major role in preparing for the future chemo sessions.

I'm 33 and my wife 30 years of age is diagnosed with Stage 3 GTN (high-risk gestational trophoblastic neoplasia) post molar pregnancy (our first pregnancy and we lost our child in April). She took 5 cycles of Methotrexate and Leucovorin and then became resistant to it and cancer cells had spread to her lungs and liver. Now she's on 5th cycle of EMA-CO (Etoposide, Methotrexate, Actinomycin D, Cyclophosphamide, Vincristine). She's showing recovery and we're expecting at least 3 more cycles of EMA-CO.

Stay strong. You play a major role here. Don't lose hope at all. Give time for the treatment, everything will come back to normal.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do."

May God bless you and your family dear brother. Take care. From now on, I will remember you in my prayers.

If there's something I can be of help to you. Please feel free to leave a message.
Thank you for offering to help. Your wife will be in our prayers always. I agree, the trick to beating this thing down is being able to take the treatments and from what you mentioned, Mam is a fighter and will come out it with flying colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Wishing your mother a speedy recovery my friend. Stay strong.

My prayers with you.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats the greatest asset during such times, isn't it? She'll pull through this. Dont worry.

Can totally relate to your pain. I'm also ~35, we're a family of four and my mother has been fighting Multiple Myeloma from the past couple of years. No history of any medical problems and parents were just starting to travel post retirement - and then cancer hit.

If anything has continued to amaze me all this while - it is her courage and attitude that has been pulling all of us through this. I guess that matters more - even more than modern medicines or good doctors.
Thank you for the motivation and I will pray for aunty, she will beat this thing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Thanks for sharing. Shall pray for your mom's speedy recovery. I lost an uncle to cancer recently and it was a long tough struggle his last few months. This is one disease I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Sorry to hear about your uncle. I agree, I never wish anyone to go through this ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey @humyum, sad to know that your mum is not keeping in the best of health & I wish her a speedy recovery. Loved to read that she is chill as ever in this new challenge.

I'll try to resonate a bit with your story here. I'm 36. My maternal grand-mother unfortunately succumbed to ovarian cancer when I was in class X. This was mainly due to a very late identification back in those days. However - my mum also got diagnosed with the same disorder of Ovarian cancer just about 5-6 years later. Around 2005.

Just like your mother - she kept chin up & was outwardly chill! Went through the chemo cycles and surgery as if it was routine. And here we are - 16 odd years on, all going well. She recovered fully, followed the prescribed care & health regimes, and was back to pre-Cancer lifestyle within 2 years from initial diagnosis. We've pretty much forgotten about that phase since some years.

Things do get challenging of course. Back in those days, the God's hadn't yet opened our books of financial blessings and I have seen my father really tough days. Takes true grit, and someone at the home always has it!

Take care, stay positive & motivated. Its a challenge that has to be taken head on, collectively by you guys. And never hesitate to seek help. Its always around the corner. Once again, wish you guys a quick return to normal routine!
Sorry to hear about your grand mother and Thank you for sharing your story about your mother. I am so happy to hear she beat it hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I think for every guy, mom is the angel, god, life and everything. I understand what you are going through, everyone will have to leave this world one day, so as men we have to be prepared for this any time and stay strong so that we can remain the pillar of support to all our loved ones as long as we exist.

I hope your mother becomes stable soon eventually recovering fully. I know it's difficult to even think of, but as and when your mother stabilizes please start looking to get married to have a partner in your life journey.

Wishing you and your family all the love and support!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Hey,

Thoughts and prayers to your mom, being guys, most of us are more attached to our moms. I hope she gets ahead of this. Take care.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
@Humyum

I came across your post by pure chance.

I know how it feels, having taken care both of my parents who were affected by cancer. Lost my father to stage 4 lung cancer, but by divine grace, my mother pulled out of stage 3A breast cancer after 10 months of chemo, surgery and then radiation.

Your mother's strong will & positive attitude is and will be a blessing and immense strength. Even if they are outwardly strong, seeing their loved ones stand by them and be there for them will make them internally happy a lot. It is stressful to caregivers and patients alike, but taking care of a loved one who is strong is much, much easier. I speak this from experience.

My prayers for her quick recovery and more so for you and your father to be strong beside her on the path to full recovery.
Sorry to hear about your dad and I am glad aunty pulled through that. She will be in my prayers. Thank you for those words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Brave on your part to share this and explain the process so far. God willing, all will be good and road drives will be waiting for you. Sometimes life can bring lot of surprises, but to fight it like your mom now, is the key to success. Personally have seen positive mindset playing very important part in getting back to shape.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
So sorry to hear of your mothers condition. But with her attitude, I'm pretty sure she will recover. A close family friend of ours beat cancer and is doing fine now. Apart from vast lifestyle changes, he never once thought about his condition and would immediately dismiss any discussion other than a enquiry on his wellbeing. He would even come to the office 4/5 days a week, a year after his recovery before COVID happened.

I hope your mother gets a lot better soon. Take care.
Thank you for sharing your friends story. We just went on a drive to Marine drive like usual a few days back. It was amazing to do things we did before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I am really sorry to hear about this sad news, I was petrified to even read it fully but I am glad that she is holding up well and facing the sickness bravely.

Glad that you shared it here with all of us and as a community , if there is any financial help needed , do let us know. I am sure few of us here can chime in and provide support if needed.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Hi Humyum, please don't lose hope. I am sure your mother will recover fully from this. I have sent you a PM.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
Apart from medication, focus on nutrition and a positive outlook. If there is anything I can help you with as a doctor, let me know. Best of luck.
Thank you Sumer for offering to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
Parents are precious; a big constant through which stem all our life's systems. Mothers are like universe; their love eternal, selfless, ubiquitous. I prey, oh I so wholeheartedly do, to see you and both your best friends having the best of times together again, travelling and experiencing the joys of the world, in the best of health and happiness, much sooner than expected.

Having been through this situation back in 2015 myself, I fathom the pain, the vulnerability, and that occasional yet certain feeling of despondency. Faith is the cement that binds our feelings, gives us hope and strength, and the vigour to see every single day in a new light. Never lose faith!

Wishing your mother a super speedy recovery!

Stay Strong! Stay Awesome!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Wishing her speedy recovery and courage to fight this battle against cancer. I also pray you and everyone in the family have the strength and courage to support each other.

My mother unsuccessfully fought ovarian cancer as we could not diagnose early. From what you've written, I find you're doing everything to bring the best treatment for your mother.

Remember, please take care of yourself and your father as well during this difficult time. Stay strong as your family will need you to get through this.

Sorry to hear about aunty. Thank you for the kind words Joseph. All of you will be in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Hi Humyum, its good to know that the reports have come back good. Hope that your mother recovers completely. Please take good care of yourself and your father too as you will need your strength to take care of her. A mother, a wife will always think about whether their family has eaten well or not and it puts stress on them.
Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
This second last paragraph of yours made me smile. It was very sweet to read about your relationship with your parents. Times have been difficult recently for almost everyone and family has been the only thing that one could go back to.

Sharing our experience with cancer to reduce your stress and hopefully give strength to you and your family. Both my parents are cancer survivors. My dad fought cancer 10 years back. And after 4 chemos at the age of 62, he is fit and fine today (72 yrs) and also lives to drive (touchwood). He was detected with Lymphoma back then.
My mom on the other hand, had a tumor in her stomach last March. She went through surgery and oral chemo post that. It's been 17 months and she is also well.
Though both had different type of diagnosis and treatment, one thing they had in common was they never thought they couldn't be fit again. The treatment is expensive but what I have seen different from Dad's time is that now the cases are very common and there are many medicines available. I didn't even know oral chemo was possible. And the prices of these drugs are capped to make it affordable. Cancer isn't the same thing that it was some 15/25 years back. If detected early and correct treatment is done, then its pretty much curable.
I'll leave the technicals for experts here as they are in touch with regular developments. Just sharing my 2 cents. God bless you and your family
Thank you for sharing your parents story. Its amazing to know both fought back and hale and hearty.

I know, when I heard cancer, I was devastated but with the all research and books I ordered online, I figured the world has come a long way in treatment options for cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivf View Post
Hi Humyum, thanks for sharing your story. It’s very heartwarming to see how meticulously you’ve been taking care of her.
Ovarian cancer detection rates all over the world are rather abysmal as the commonest symptoms are simple things like indigestion, bloating etc. which are often linked to diet, lack of exercise and many other factors.
It is often diagnosed during investigation for loss of weight and poor appetite. The fact that the tumor seems to be responding well to the chemo is promising. Plus outcome of debulking surgery would also be good. I wish you all the best and am looking forward to a detailed travelogue fearuring you, mom n dad!
Thank you!! The debulking had us reach R0, thanks to Dr Jagdeesh who did it like Lewis Hamilton at the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakmo View Post
I got teary eyed reading your post. We do share a special bond with our mothers & can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I wish speedy recovery to your mom and good days ahead for you and your family brother.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powershift View Post
All my prayers for a speedy recovery.
The positive and brave attitudes of all 3 here is really important to keep moving things forward as a breakdown of one can severely impact others emotionally.

Thanks for the supporting comments from other team-bhp members, as they are really informative for me in the sense that the treatment for many has really helped them to get them back to their normal life. Of course, I understand it can be with medications and diet restrictions but it's really promising to hear about it and giving confidence rather than the picture that I used to have about cancer a few years back.

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
What an amazing turn of events! You never know who's reading who could be of help, so Rush is right when he says you can reach ONE person with a PM, you can reach EVERYONE with a public post.

Very courageous of you to post this thread, and hoping it all works out for your mom.
I agree, I never thought how one post could change the entire course of action, so quickly and so perfectly. I am glad I posted this through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
WOW !

Amazing to connect with the right person when you least expect it.

I am really glad things are working out. Wishing her a speedy recovery and wishing you and your family strength to get through this phase.

We are all here for you.

It was very courageous of you to share such a personal story. The response is overwhelming.

I feel Really blessed to be part of this community.
Thank you!! Same here, I am glad I made this account in 2006. That one account creation has changed my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipak1406 View Post
Humble request to Moderators,

It will be great if we can have a link on Homepage where each member can request for any help they may require.

Any Bhpian who is willing can then contact the person and extend support.

We had initiated this small initiative on our School Group (we passed out 31 years ago) and this small initiative has really been beneficial to small group of colleagues who were under heavy weather.

Was surprised that almost everyone contributed in their own capacity whenever a call came.

Rest will leave to wisdom of TBHP Moderators as this may create other issues unforseen

regards,
Deepak
That's a very good idea. I am sure it will help a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoy View Post
Dear @humyum,

Thanks for sharing your situation
Our thoughts and prayers are with your mom and you, that she will have a speedy and complete recovery

Heartwarming, that the TBHP members have indeed touched each others' lives, at such a personal level!

Salute to all TBHPians

Regards
ysjoy
Thank you!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
My prayers and thoughts with you, May you glide over!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
All the Best for tomorrow brother. Our best wishes to all of you.

Moms are Moms. They are the strongest and they teach us to be strongest.

Prayers with you!!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hi humyum, this thread brought a lump to my throat. Both for your family's distress but also for the way the Team BHP community has rallied around and come through!

My very best wishes to your dear mom for a speedy and complete recovery. Stage 3 cancer is a tough animal to beat and she is indeed fortunate to have a caring family like yours.

Do PM me for any support you may need.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetumg27 View Post
A sunshine thread - glad to read through & its stories like this that brings everyone a lot of hope. Take care & best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery. I would be glad to help in anyway and any capacity I can. Take care.
Thank you!!!

Just to post an update on where we are now. Post surgery 2 chemos are done. Sailed through them like nothing because like I mentioned before, the nutrition part was taken care to the T. I will post a detailed post on what we are doing for nutrition, it can help people go through the entire chemo and surgery smoothly.

The only thing my mom faces for 3-4 days after chemo is a little nausea, a little constipation for 2 days and mentally she is a little irritated.

Food intake is a little lesser for these 3-4 days too but on the 5th day, things are back to normal and food intake and her diet resumes like before.
humyum is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 07:05   #43
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your PM is the one that changed everything
I’m so happy to hear that mama is doing good!

Quote:
And to your dad too. Dr Jagdeesh is star
He is man, he really is. Absolute subject matter expert.
He’s a living example of the adage that one should really do what one loves.
RJK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:46   #44
BHPian

Amazing story. Glad that i read it on the 18th birthday of Team-BHP. What a story - you were bold enough to share your dilemma with the group and it is amazing how you not only got best wishes but also perfect assistance. God bless!

Guess by now all 3 chemos would have been completed. Trust your mom is doing well.
swami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Amazing story. Glad that i read it on the 18th birthday of Team-BHP. What a story - you were bold enough to share your dilemma with the group and it is amazing how you not only got best wishes but also perfect assistance. God bless!

Guess by now all 3 chemos would have been completed. Trust your mom is doing well.
Thank you!!

Yes, 3 chemos were completed on January 6th, one month after which CA125 and Sonography was done. CA125 was 5 then with a clean sonography

In May start which is 3 months after the last CA125 and 4 month since the last chemo, one more CA125 was done with Sonography and it was 3.9 with a clean sonography.

In 11 days we will be at 1 year since diagnosis, time just flies.
humyum is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed