Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 23:24   #481
BHPian

For all mallu food lovers there is a decent restaurant called nandanam in besant nagar which does not burn a hole in the pockets.
Old 19th August 2012, 00:14   #482
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
Try drizzle in ecr. In nelangarai i think. It is on the right hand side if you are going towards mahabs. The food is a bit expensive(For me atleast!) and they serve alcohol and seesha too. Try the rock chicken there. Excellent dish. And if i suggest any veg restaurants around adyar the mods will ban me because it would be marketing on the forum

Always been curious about this place! I did hear that they also have the hooka, looks like they do! Must be a first in Chennai, the technique, feed the client after they've had some thing to drink and smoke eh? Good logic there! No wonder they are still open! Perhaps the name! Let them drizzle ( the customers) even one a day would not sink our ship?
Old 20th August 2012, 16:23   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Always been curious about this place! I did hear that they also have the hooka, looks like they do! Must be a first in Chennai, the technique, feed the client after they've had some thing to drink and smoke eh? Good logic there! No wonder they are still open! Perhaps the name! Let them drizzle ( the customers) even one a day would not sink our ship?
Wen you enter the restaurant you can see a big photo of the ruling party leader. That should clear all doubts about how they serve hookah drinks and food all in one place.

In adyar Munveedu restaurant is kinda ok. I would give it maximum of 2 stars out of 5. The food is ok ok but the pricing is completely pointless. Not worth the buck.

@ people staying in anna nagar. There is this restaurant called nalukettu in shanthi colony anna adarsh. The restaurant is clean and the staff are couteous but the food is horrible. A complete waste of time and money.

I am sure many people would know about this hotel. Amma mess in T Nagar. If you love non veg food please do go there atleast once. Once of the best south indian restaurants in town. Their amma special chicken and boneless pepper chicken are worth dying for.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:58   #484
BHPian

Hookah has been present for a long time in many places in Chennai. For ex: Mocha in Nungambakkam.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:18   #485
BHPian

@brix
Hookah is banned in chennai and none of the places in chennai serve hookah nowadays. Mocha nungambakkam was close long time ago and the one in adyar is also closed now. Apart from drizzle there is one resort in mahabs which serves hookah. Not sure about the name.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:36   #486
BHPian

^^
A couple of years back police 'raided' these hookah joints and most of them don't have it now.
Old 21st August 2012, 14:28   #487
BHPian

Wired, Nungambakkam. I think they still sell Hookah there.
Mudpipe and Kafe Chill-M were shutdown last year! :(

@anandv267- That's Shiraz cafe, injambakkam.

Last edited by saadat1992 : 21st August 2012 at 14:32.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:00   #488
BHPian

@saadat
Where is this shiraz cafe. Can you tell us some landmarks nearby that cafe?? Drizzle is becoming a pain in the neck these days. The attitude of the staff is horrible!!! I need to find a new hookah joint!!
And there is one resort in mahabs which serves hookah. Will find out the name and let you know.

Technically hookah is banned only within chennai city limits. But since resorts upto mahabs are considered as chennai by general public the police and the officials are using this as a chance to bully around people.
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:54   #489
BHPian

@anandv267- I havent been to Shiraz. My friends suggested that. Talking about Drizzle, the attitude of the employees! OMG! Horrible. Whenever you ask for coal change they behave as if you asked them to give you a part of their salary.

P.S: I don't do Hookah.
I just accompany my friends since it gets dizzy for them and i have to drive them home! :P
Old 27th August 2012, 20:09   #490
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to The French Loaf - exquisite bakery, patisserie & cafe in India

I picked up some croissants and pastry.
Very sweet staff and the prices are acceptable.
The croissants very nice. The almond rocher is very good.

Cupcakes Amore
Adyar. The lane beside TVS Service Center.
Rs 100 for a red velvet cup cake.
I think its pricey but my niece loves it.

Adyar Bakery
SP Road.
Always good. I am particularly fond of the Cashew Macaroons.
The other things like breads, puffs and pizzas are also priced well and taste good.
Old 28th August 2012, 20:24   #491
Team-BHP Support

Very close to Indira Nagar (Adyar) water tank is a chicken shop called Fauzia.

At around 6:30 PM, the guy starts preparing chicken pakoda. Rs 240 per kilo.

At 6:30 the oil is fresh and according to my dad the best time to buy.
Its actually quite good.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:45   #492

In kotturpuram there is this pure veg restaurant which serves excellent south indian food. Name is cafe sri krishna.

Directions:
When coming towards kottur from IIT take a right at the kottur signal. It is the 4th or 5th shop on your right hand side. The shop has big yellow and red boards. You cannot miss such a color combination!

I have seen a silver ritz with a live to drive sticker on the boot in front of the hotel always. Seems it is the owners car. Any idea what his teamBHP handle is?
Old 6th September 2012, 11:45   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhilsundar View Post
In kotturpuram there is this pure veg restaurant which serves excellent south indian food. Name is cafe sri krishna.
Thanks Ezhil. Do we need to take a right at the signal near the Anna Centenary Library?

I've always felt that Kotturpuram had very few Veg restaurants with reasonably priced food. And almost no Petrol pumps.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:40   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Thanks Ezhil. Do we need to take a right at the signal near the Anna Centenary Library?

I've always felt that Kotturpuram had very few Veg restaurants with reasonably priced food. And almost no Petrol pumps.
Yes you have to take a right in the signal immediately after the library.
The nearest petrol pump is cenatoph road jumction i think.

And how could i forget the owner. I have been eating in krishna cafe for a year with the owner and i have gone out with him a million times and i forgot that he is the owner!

Mr Anandv267 please own up buddy. we wont ask for treats
Old 6th September 2012, 12:40   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

A New Greek Place on ECR? Where?

There was a flier in the newspaper three or four weeks ago which, of course, I failed to keep. Now I cannot even remember the name, let alone the location (Neelankari? Injambakkam? Right next door to my house ?) and I have not been able to spot it.

Does anybody know?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks