Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 09:49   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Chennai

New kid on the block - GBBQ
Non-veg lovers, kindly excuse, because The Green House Barbecue is pure vegetarian barbecue hotel for vegetarians only
Weekly menu changes with buffet lunch (was 550/- during weekdays & 750/- during weekends) is Rs 700 for weekdays & Rs 800 during weekends

Location - Old timers know it well, it used to be Hotel Blue Diamond on Taylors road is now baptised to GBBQ; one of the best things I like about this place being, very hygenic & transparent kitchen.

Quality (quantity seldom matters in buffet) is very good, most importantly they've clearly written everywhere not to waste the food as they themselves seem to follow it. Even the food containers in the buffet table have only a small portion being filled up often rather than having a large vessel stuffed with food.

Menu is like:
1. 2 Soups + Starters (bbq ofcourse) consists of green 1 vegetable, 2 panneer, 1 pineapple & potato making totally 5 platter + crispy fried corn + 1 chat item + fried vegetable dish (like vada/cutlet type but something unique)
2. Main course consists of varieties of salad + steamed rice + curd rice + biriyani + pasta/noodles + 2 subjis + 1 dal +
3. Desserts are great collection of both Indian & western ranging from brownie to payasam to rasamalai to badusha to pastires
4. Cold stone icecream (which my Son said typical, nothing exotic)
5. And then a live chat counter which I completed disliked for not having aaloo tikki (they had pani puri, bhel puri, dahi puri, plain sandwich)
6. They also serve, on order, rotis/chapati/naan/garlic naan/lachcha paratha to table along with dal makhani

Paneer is really awesome, can nearly say melts in mouth. Service was excellent. May be because it's new or they're trying to disrupt the industry, only time will tell. For now, just head on & enjoy the food & hospitality

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_133813.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_134116.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_134224.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_134349.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_134556.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_134926.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_141302.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_141344.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_142821.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Chennai-img_20201130_144038.jpg
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 22:26   #617
BHPian

https://goo.gl/maps/rPMwg46G69eJ3Aor8

Pandian Mess

Excellent super fresh sea food at ECR. I'm a regular there.

The décor is like a "koora kadai" - a very simple hut with plastic stools. Go there only for the food, not the ambience!
Old 3rd July 2022, 01:30   #618
BHPian

I have been to many restaurants in chennai but all of them have given me some side effects or the other healthwise.

So far the Heaven’s Park on Greams road seems to be a decent place to eat and not fall sick. We actually like the food. They serve Arabian cuisine but you would find KFC type stuff too. If we dine in the food tastes better since it would be eaten hot.

I cant comment on if its an authentic place to eat a particular dish but the food is clean and doesn’t cause any health issues. I am saying this after eating at various thalapakattis and sangeethas and akshyams and A2Bs and other non vegetarian so called high class places in Tamil Nadu (including the famed Ponram on outskirts of dindigul).

Disclaimer-I am not associated in any way with any of the restaurants mentioned above. try at your own risk. I seemed to have had decent experiences at Heaven’s park. I do not know the names of anyone working there. So unable to give any references.

Last edited by TorqMaster : 3rd July 2022 at 01:31.
Old 24th March 2023, 16:35   #619
BHPian

Foodies, where can I get good croissant in Chennai?
Old 24th March 2023, 16:41   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Depending where you are in Chennai. Theobrahma at Nungambakkam and Anna Nagar, old Madras Baking co at Alwarpet and Neelankarai and Tryst at Neelankarai
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 16:59   #621
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Since you didn't share your location, I'm not sure about your nearby shops. However, the best croissant I had in Chennai was at The French Loaf in Adyar. But it's a hit or miss; the second time I tried it, it was not as good.
raptor_diwan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 20:34   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Depending where you are in Chennai. Theobrahma at Nungambakkam and Anna Nagar, old Madras Baking co at Alwarpet and Neelankarai and Tryst at Neelankarai
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Since you didn't share your location, I'm not sure about your nearby shops. However, the best croissant I had in Chennai was at The French Loaf in Adyar. But it's a hit or miss; the second time I tried it, it was not as good.
Sorry, missed to mention in my post. I stay at KK Nagar. Any bakeries around here? I normally travel upto Vadapalani and Ashok Nagar.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 25th March 2023 at 20:35.
Old 25th March 2023, 20:46   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, missed to mention in my post. I stay at KK Nagar. Any bakeries around here? I normally travel upto Vadapalani and Ashok Nagar.
I stay near your area but there are 2 places that I usually order my croissants from and both are a few kms away.

1. Winner's bakery on CP Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet (Dunzo or in person)
2. Sangeetha's Baker's cafe in Mylapore (via Swiggy usually). Their choco-filled croissants are a favorite for my kids.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 14:12   #624
BHPian

Any one tried the Another Kitchen at Adayar?
Old 9th November 2023, 14:18   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm also prone to disappointment. My standards are high. .
You can try this place, if the dish disappoint you, their ample parking space wont

Old 9th November 2023, 16:14   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
You can try this place ...
Thanks! I messaged a Japanese friend who visits Chennai every year, and he also recommended Kuuraku.

But, in the end, my friend and I settled for Amethyst. And I had a very delicious fish dish.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 19:10   #627
BHPian

Quote:
I have never tried any Japanese restaurant here. Prices seem high and I am prone to sushi addiction!

I'm also prone to disappointment. My standards are high.

I heard, though, rust the place in Thiruvanmiyur is run by Japanese for Japanese.
Quote:
Thanks! I messaged a Japanese friend who visits Chennai every year, and he also recommended Kuuraku.

But, in the end, my friend and I settled for Amethyst. And I had a very delicious fish dish.
Nice to know another Japanese cuisine connoisseur?
You folks living in the South are lucky.
Have you tried Dahlia in Numgambakkam? The owner is a Japanese.
If you're ever in Bangalore don't miss out going to Harima, even the staff there are Japanese!
Japanese cuisine is expensive the world over, I don't think India is an exception!
BlackBeard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks