Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 17:23   #496
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A New Greek Place on ECR? Where?

There was a flier in the newspaper three or four weeks ago which, of course, I failed to keep. Now I cannot even remember the name, let alone the location (Neelankari? Injambakkam? Right next door to my house ?) and I have not been able to spot it.

Does anybody know?
The only Greek Place I know in ECR is Drizzle, the last time I went there the food sucked big time.
Old 6th September 2012, 18:06   #497
BHPian

I used to get lots of cakes and pastries from winner's bakery Alwarpet for all the birthday celebrations at office. The taste is exceptionally good and they charge almost half of what they charge in French loaf. I think it is also a part of some community development project.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:14   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

No, not drizzle. I know people who like it, but I don't think it even looks inviting.

Thanks for trying.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:29   #499
BHPian

Anybody tried 'Bob Marley' in Mahaballipuram? Its a small roof top restaurant (you may call it a shack) on the beach. The owner is a youngster who may also allow to grill yourself in his kitchen. Very casual,cool place to hangout with couple of freinds and spend a nice weekend evening. Cool Bob Marley music, sometimes live performances. I recommend to try its grilled food (non veg).

Definitely recommend a stop-by to moderators who visit Chennai and test drive vehicles for official car reviews.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th September 2012 at 22:23. Reason: Pls refer to rule # 11
Old 6th September 2012, 22:26   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
Anybody tried 'Bob Marley' in Mahaballipuram? Its a small roof top restaurant (you may call it a shack) on the beach. The owner is a youngster who may also allow to grill yourself in his kitchen. Very casual,cool place to hangout with couple of freinds and spend a nice weekend evening. Cool Bob Marley music, sometimes live performances. I recommend to try its grilled food (non veg).

Definitely recommend a stop-by to moderators who visit Chennai and test drive vehicles for official car reviews.
Bob Marley? Where is it? I mean, the exact location!

And BTW, (this is off topic) DexterMorgan? Big fan of Dex huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhilsundar

I have seen a silver ritz with a live to drive sticker on the boot in front of the hotel always. Seems it is the owners car. Any idea what his teamBHP handle is?
Ahem. :P
After a lot of searching, i found the owner's handle. It's @anandv267

Last edited by saadat1992 : 6th September 2012 at 22:34.
Old 6th September 2012, 23:16   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992
Guilty as charged ! Ezhil has a very bad memory. !
Old 7th September 2012, 00:18   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
Guilty as charged ! Ezhil has a very bad memory. !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhilsundar View Post
Mr Anandv267 please own up buddy. we wont ask for treats
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Anand, seems like some conspiracy or paid publicity going on

@saadat don't fall into this trap, ezhil and anand are good ol' mates. Some behind the scenes foul play is suspected here (just joking guys!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A New Greek Place on ECR? Where?

There was a flier in the newspaper three or four weeks ago which, of course, I failed to keep. Now I cannot even remember the name, let alone the location (Neelankari? Injambakkam? Right next door to my house ?) and I have not been able to spot it.

Does anybody know?
@Thad, Greek? I thought they are gone Bankrupt and now you have seen them open a new restaurant! I guess I should talk to Ms. Merkel about this.

Hey guys what about Sangitas/Ratna Cafe's off late? I am a big fan of Ratna cafe's coffees and sambar idli's. Are they still maintaining that quality or started water in sambar business?
Old 7th September 2012, 00:35   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo

Anand, seems like some conspiracy or paid publicity going on

@saadat don't fall into this trap, ezhil and anand are good ol' mates. Some behind the scenes foul play is suspected here (just joking guys!)
Conspiracy and paid publicity: no
Bad memory and torture: yes!
Initially ezhil had no idea that I own the place. I used to pay the bill :P.
Plus we usually go to one of our other places since krishna is pure veg. Only during no non veg days we eat in krishna. Plus its been quite some time since he has visited!

And ezhil searches for his dslr camera inside the car for 10 min till he realises the cam bag is in his shoulders . That should explain him forgetting my car!
Old 7th September 2012, 10:27   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post

I have been planning and planning to visit this place for long. Do they serve alcohol also? And how much does an average meal for two costs? Any pointers on the direction to this place also will be helpful.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:03   #505
BHPian

There are a dozen restaurants in Ascendas tech IT park. There is one called Namma Kadai which I heard is extremely good. I havent been there but many of my team mates have told that it is worth the visit. Other usual places are pizza hut, KFC, Saravana Bhavan, Sandeepa & Sub-way.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:17   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth
I have been planning and planning to visit this place for long. Do they serve alcohol also? And how much does an average meal for two costs? Any pointers on the direction to this place also will be helpful.
Avinash. Do try out the place this weekend and let us single souls know if it is good. Who knows. Next drive meet may be there!
Old 7th September 2012, 11:18   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad memory and torture: yes!
Initially ezhil had no idea that I own the place. I used to pay the bill :P.
Plus we usually go to one of our other places since krishna is pure veg...
Hi Anand! brilliant.. I wasn't able to read past the highlighted words! Sounds like heaven! So guys, the venue for the next T-BHP meet is fixed - Cafe Sri Krishna! And if Anand wishes to, the possibilities of having one at the other non veg place of his could be explored
Old 7th September 2012, 11:24   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand
Hi Anand! brilliant.. I wasn't able to read past the highlighted words! Sounds like heaven! So guys, the venue for the next T-BHP meet is fixed - Cafe Sri Krishna! And if Anand wishes to, the possibilities of having one at the other non veg place of his could be explored
Ha ha. If we park 8 cars during peak time kotturpuram will be blocked! But if other members approve of the place I dont mind. I don mind meeting in a tea shop also!
@mods hope me talking about my hotel is not considered publicity. If so please feel free to delete related posts made by me on this subject
Old 7th September 2012, 11:32   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
I used to get lots of cakes and pastries from winner's bakery Alwarpet for all the birthday celebrations at office. The taste is exceptionally good and they charge almost half of what they charge in French loaf. I think it is also a part of some community development project.
As you said the Winners Bakery is a public service initiative by some NGOs to help under privileged sections of the society. Oriental Cuisines donated the machinery and trained them. Oriental Cuisines also own French Loaf. Maybe that's the reason for similarity in standards but difference in price.

Last edited by Daewood : 7th September 2012 at 11:35.
Old 7th September 2012, 15:45   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Avinash. Do try out the place this weekend and let us single souls know if it is good. Who knows. Next drive meet may be there!
Yeah right! You do not know what happened to me at home after the last ride.

Most Viewed