Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2005, 15:33   #331
Senior - BHPian

No one seems to have noticed the fact that we take great pleasure in poking fun at Malayalis and Biharis, and Sikhs. If these people are secure enough in their cultural identities to take it in their stride, I see no reason why the others can't.

On the other hand, I had pointed out that the community-based jokes might offend someone quite a while back. I guess what goes around comes around.
Old 6th August 2005, 20:16   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

haryan ,SMG,

i am sure artofzen had definitely no intention of offending any one.itwas just a joke.

i am also a hindu and i definitely did not find it offending.

what about other jokes about a particular religion . http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...&page=20&pp=15 and we do have a few members o f that religion .-in mumbai and bangalore,if they can take it sportingly ,why cant the others.
dear satya ...
As long as joke about the Religion and Communities it is okay ...
BUT IT IS NOT OKAY WHEN WE MAKE JOKES ON OUR OWN GODS .....
there is difference in Religion , Communities and GOD ....
if you didnt find it offensive .. Fine ..
But i found it offensive and i voiced my objections ....
Old 6th August 2005, 20:19   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
No one seems to have noticed the fact that we take great pleasure in poking fun at Malayalis and Biharis, and Sikhs. If these people are secure enough in their cultural identities to take it in their stride, I see no reason why the others can't.

On the other hand, I had pointed out that the community-based jokes might offend someone quite a while back. I guess what goes around comes around.
Man ... i too enjoy jokes about Malayalis and Biharis and Sikhs ....
But i do not enjoy jokes When Malayalis and Biharis and Sikhs GODS are mentioned in them ...
Old 6th August 2005, 21:21   #334
Senior - BHPian

So ultimately it boils down to what each of us finds offensive...and who's to say what offends whom?
Old 6th August 2005, 21:53   #335
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
well said Satya!
So easy to poke fun at Sardars, but not that fun when its aimed at your own is it??
This is a joke thread guys,
please remember to bring your sense of humour along with you
when entering here.

If you cant stand the heat, dont go into the kitchen!!!
In the meanwhile, we will try not to uspet your sentiments,
so that you can be sissy.
Hi Philosopher, I do have a sense of humor too but I never made fun of any religion or GOD . I think you need to understand the difference between GOD and Human beings, you may laugh when some one makes fun of your GOD and religion (because of lack of self esteem , I believe) but not every body, You discuss Cars, Okay, some light humor Okay too but don't play with somebody's most respected things like GOD.

For that matter send me some pictures of your parents / wife/sister , I do have some Photoshop skills , I will post the Modified (dirtiest possible) pictures of your parents/wife and sisters on this very same forum , let us see how you enjoy the joke (joke isn't it?) !

Or if you have such sense of humor then why not try going to a Muslim mohalla and make some fun of Allah ( joke isn't it), perhaps (or should I say certainly) we will be writing obituary for you.

(But you won't, there you have your tail in between your legs!)

Now stop this nonsense and learn how to respect other's religion, and God, and perhaps you need to know the definition of 'Self Esteem'.

Last edited by SMG : 6th August 2005 at 21:55.
Old 6th August 2005, 22:41   #336
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
So ultimately it boils down to what each of us finds offensive...and who's to say what offends whom?
I am in US for last 4 years and learnt the hard way to avoid following subjects in all sort of communications with others.

1> Religion
2> GOD
3> Politics
4> Family
5> Finance
6> Health
7> Career and Job (especially salary, promotions)

You may ask 'how his/her kids are doing' etc but that too when you are dead sure that he/she has kids, and that is what she/he wanted to be asked.

If at all you are so much curious to know about somebody's such personal matters , wait for the person to open the topic by himself/herself.

But even in that case observe caution and set a limit of one or two casual questions and then STOP , switch to another (not personal type) topic.

So what is left then? Yes, you can always begin with Weather. Pretty safe.

Whenever I visit India, first couple of questions (almost w/o any exception) I encounter is :

1> How much you earn
2> How much you save

And even before I could say anything, they go on calculting my wealth based on their (Over) estimate of my savings and that particular day's Dollar/Rs conversion rate(and they they know the latest oconversion rate even before the RBI ) !

I give them a penny (I carry a lot) as a token appreciation towards the unsolicited financial advice they offered to me.!!

Last edited by SMG : 6th August 2005 at 23:01.
Old 6th August 2005, 23:47   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG
For that matter send me some pictures of your parents / wife/sister , I do have some Photoshop skills , I will post the Modified (dirtiest possible) pictures of your parents/wife and sisters on this very same forum , let us see how you enjoy the joke (joke isn't it?) !

... ...
... ...

(But you won't, there you have your tail in between your legs!)

Now stop this nonsense and learn how to respect other's religion, and God, and perhaps you need to know the definition of 'Self Esteem'.
Buddy, I strongly suggest you apologize to him, before things get out of hand.
Old 7th August 2005, 00:12   #338
SMG
BHPian

I am extremely Sorry for the offensive words I used in my earlier posts.

By heart that wasn't my intension, when it comes to my God and religion , I am rather too sensitive and loose control rather too quickly.

I sincerely apologize.

Moderators please delete my earlier posts.

Last edited by SMG : 7th August 2005 at 00:19.
Old 7th August 2005, 02:55   #339
BHPian

No problem.
i unlike the some of the others who post here, can take even the criticism in my stride.
EVEN when it may hurt me.
Who am i to criticise wheni cant cant handle any.
As far as i understand, Hypocrisy & cowardice are the words that would describe the above trait.
I OTOH would prefer that the mods dont delete any posts made thus far, as i dont intend to retract what i said, i do own a spine.

So, its Ok to poke fun at communities and not at gods.
And what if I'm an atheist who only considers communities and not god, Should you be apologising to me as well or what.
Its a joke thread as i said before, quit apologising and get with the Humour bit,
Or atay away ,

I didnt see maana/shubhi object to the joke i posted on womankind, or mabye we should only joke abt tables and charis and other inanimate objects
And leave all humankind and out of the whole deal!

SMG - i dont have self esteem- I have self baleno!!!
i dont need to go to a Muslim Mohallah and make jokes, why you havent even bothered considered the possibility that i may be a Muslim myself!!! or did you think this is a single ethnicity forum?

Quote""
I am in US for last 4 years and learnt the hard way to avoid following subjects in all sort of communications with others.

1> Religion
2> GOD
3> Politics
4> Family
5> Finance
6> Health
7> Career and Job (especially salary, promotions)

Unquote

Not exactly the conversationalist are you?

And you are most welcome to come and photograph My mother (& non existent sister)
and do your photoshop handjob with them and send me the results
(did you do the Mallika Sherawat thing too??)
But seriously, you will bare minimum, have to make the effort yourself ya know. Cant have everything handed to you on a platter.

anyway, after the serious discussion et all,
i did even find the time post a decent joke.

'tis but a Joke thread after all.

And since you did sincerely make the offer-

Apology Accepted

Adios! vamonos!

Last edited by Revvhead : 7th August 2005 at 03:04.
Old 7th August 2005, 03:02   #340
BHPian

And since we all love to drive!!!!

Grandpa was driving with his 9 year old granddaughter and honked the horn by mistake.

She turned and looked at him for an explanation.

He said, "I did that by accident."

She replied, "I know that, Grandpa."

He replied, "How did you know?"

She said, "Because you didn't say a$$hole afterwards
Old 7th August 2005, 10:21   #341
Senior - BHPian

I hope you havent offended any grandpas with "high self esteem" there, revv! jus in case, be ready with an apology!!!
Jus kidding, by the way. the joke thread becoming serious has been the best joke in this thread so far!!
Old 7th August 2005, 12:38   #342
Senior - BHPian

hahahahahahahahaha

now this is getting funny !! the way the joke thread has turned into a religious / communal war ??

come on guys - NO ONE WHO POSTS HERE MEANS ANY OFFENCE TO ANYONE , ANY RELIGION , ANY COMMUNITY , ANY THING AT ALL !! ITS PLAIN HUMOUR AND WE SHUD TAKE IT THAT WAY !

keep laughing - hahahahaha
Old 7th August 2005, 15:22   #343
Senior - BHPian

Self-esteem...self-baleno!

Sheesh...Revvhead...that was the saddest joke yet!!! Great to hear it!!!

Btw, I have self-baleno too!
Old 7th August 2005, 16:18   #344
Senior - BHPian

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed.

It was addressed, "dad". With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:

Dear dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that i'm writing this. I had to
elope with my new girlfriend because i wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you.

I've been finding real passion with Barbara and she is so nice
even with all her piercing, tattoos, and her tight motorcycle clothes.
But it's not only the passion dad, she's pregnant and Barbara said
that we will be very happy.

Even though you don't care for her as she is much older than I,
she already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. She wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too.

Barbara taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and
we'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with her friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.

In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS
so Barbara can get better; she sure deserves it!!

Don't worry dad, i'm 15 years old now and i know how to take care
of myself.

Someday i'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know
your grandchildren.

P. S. Dad, none of this is true. I'm over at the neighbor's house.
I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in
life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer.

I love you!

Call when it's safe for me to come home
Old 8th August 2005, 16:34   #345
Team-BHP Support

well how about deleting all the jokes related to sikhs as no members have a right to offend me as well !
i might just be a minority here , but does the size really matter ?

manson .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks