Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 12:25   #4606
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Found this while looking for some information about fiesta accidents.

Ford Fiesta India » Blog Archive » half a ford fiesta still running

Couldnt find a better place to put it,though.
Old 6th January 2011, 19:53   #4607
BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

Got this as a forward...
-----
The four Goldberg Brothers
The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner.
On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97 degrees. The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.
They persuaded him to get into the car, inside which the Temperature was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off immediately.
The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.
The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.
Now old man Ford was more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords. They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

-----------
Not sure if this is fact or urban legend or just another funny mail - but Ford owners can check on the last statement!

p.s. Standard Disclaimers apply on the contents of this post !
Old 7th January 2011, 00:08   #4608
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on FB
The Official Joke thread-165773_484346656686_711951686_6178908_7952838_n.jpg
Old 7th January 2011, 01:30   #4609
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ It has been posted before in our style machaan's dedicated thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2199404

Wherever,

Last edited by dhanushs : 7th January 2011 at 01:31.
Old 7th January 2011, 01:51   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Got this as a forward...
-----
The four Goldberg Brothers
The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner.
On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97 degrees. The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.
They persuaded him to get into the car, inside which the Temperature was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off immediately.
The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.
The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.
Now old man Ford was more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords. They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

-----------
Not sure if this is fact or urban legend or just another funny mail - but Ford owners can check on the last statement!

p.s. Standard Disclaimers apply on the contents of this post !
Not a true story. It's a myth.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:19   #4611
BHPian

Re: iPear

Today morning I got ready to go to work.
I got into the elevator with my flat-mate.
I had my Phone in one hand, a Pear in the other and also I was putting on the headset.
I was so engrossed in the conversation with him, when I got off the elevator I realized my headset was hooked on to this..
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-10012011264.jpg  

Old 10th January 2011, 20:14   #4612
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Wow!

You are the inventor of PearPhone!

By the way, how was the sound quality?
Old 10th January 2011, 20:56   #4613
Senior - BHPian

Re: iPear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
I had my Phone in one hand, a Pear in the other and also I was putting on the headset.
and where was the headset?
Old 11th January 2011, 16:16   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Wow!

You are the inventor of PearPhone!

By the way, how was the sound quality?
I'd rather called it iPear. Sound quality was decent
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
and where was the headset?
Lol, around my neck silly!
Old 12th January 2011, 16:36   #4615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
Lol, around my neck silly!
I guess he actually meant - where were the headsets (ear pieces) plugged?

For a moment i thought it was an apple. But, nice one

Last edited by planet_rocker : 12th January 2011 at 16:37.
Old 12th January 2011, 22:02   #4616

Got these on fb....
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-25841_392277262566_197992062566_3810531_6694330_n.jpg  

The Official Joke thread-44577_435988187566_197992062566_4810244_146642_n.jpg  

The Official Joke thread-163149_483718755932_551780932_6641075_6665060_n.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 23:37   #4617
BANNED

That "Potty's Restaurant" is a real thing.

It is located at Thambanoor, Thiruvananthapuram. Opposite the railway station, corner of the junction where the road to Housing Board and SBI's Local HQ starts.

I always wanted to take a pic, but invariably am very busy every time I pass it. Never been able to convince myself to enter that place though.

BTW, there is a Book on Pre Degree Mathematics by a certain Prof. Potty. That will be for people who are at least 60 year old and did that course in Kerala.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:01   #4618
BHPian

I really think that this piece of automotive article belongs in this section.

Shane Warne and his super cars

Anyway I think most articles in zigwheels are a joke and so are most articles in the "Times Of India" (the article reporting).
Old 13th January 2011, 21:45   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Indian History : Supposedly written by a schoolboy with all original spellings :

The original inhabitants of ancient India were called Adidases, who lived in two cities called Hariappa and Mujhe-na-Daro. These cities had the best drain system in the world and so there was no brain drain from them.

Ancient India was full of myths which have been handed down from son to father. A myth is a female moth. A collection of myths is called mythology, which means stories with female caricatures. One myth says that people in olden times worshipped monkeys because they were our incestors.

In olden times there were two big families in India. One was called the Pandava and the other was called the Karova. They fought amongst themselves in a battle called Mahabharat, after which India came to be known as Mera Bharat Mahan.

In midevil times India was ruled by the Slave Dienasty. So named because they all died a nasty death. Then came the Tughlaqs who shifted their capital from Delhi because of its pollution. They were followed by the Mowglis. The greatest Mowgli was Akbar because he extinguished himself on the battlefield of Panipat which is in Hurryana. But his son Jehangir was peace loving; he married one Hindu wife and kept 300 porcupines. Then came Shahajahan who had 14 sons. Family planning had not been invented at that time.
He also built the Taj Mahal hotel for his wife who now sleeps there. The king sent all his sons away to distant parts of India because they started quarrelling. Dara Seiko was sent to UP, Shaikh Bhakhtiyar was sent to J & K, while Orangezip came to Bombay to fight Shivaji. However, after that they changed its name to Mumbai because Shivaji's sena did not like it. They also do not like New Delhi, so they are calling it Door Darshan.

After the Mowglis came Vasco the Gama. He was an exploder who was circumcising India with a 100 footclipper. Then came the British. They brought with them many inventions such as cricket, tramtarts and steamed railways. They were followed by the French who brought in French fries, pizzazz and laundry. But Robert Clive drove them out when he deafened Duplex who was out membered since the British had the queen on their side.

Eventually, the British came to overrule India because there was too much diversity in our unity. The British overruled India for a long period. They were great expotents and impotents. They started expoting salt from India and impoting cloth. This was not liked by Mahatma Gandhi who wanted to produce his own salt. This was called the Swedish moment. During this moment, many people burnt their lion cloths in the street and refused to wear anything else. The British became very angry at this and stopped the production of Indian testiles.

In 1920, Mahatma Gandhi was married to one wife. Soon after he became the father of the nation. In 1942 he started the Quiet India moment, so named because the British were quietly lootoing our country.

In 1947, India became free and its people became freely loving. This increased our population. Its government became a limited mockery, which means people are allowed to take the law in their own hands with the help of the police. Our constipation is the best in the world because it says that no man can be hanged twice for the same crime. It also says you cannot be put in prison if you have not paid your taxis.
Another important thing about our constipation is that it can be changed. This is not possible with the British constipation because it is not written on paper. The Indian parlemint consists of two houses which are called lower and higher. This is because one Mr Honest Abe said that two houses divided against itself cannot withstand.

So Pandit Nehru asked the British for freedom at midnight since the British were afraid of the dark. At midnight, on August 15, there was a tryst in parlemint in which many participated by wearing khaki and hosting the flag.

Recently in India, there have been a large number of scams and a plaque, it can be dangerous because many people died of this plaque in Surat.
Scams are all over India. One of these was in Bihar where holy cows were not given anything to eat by their elected leader. The other scam was in Bofor which is a small town in Switzerland. In this, a lot of Indian money was given to buy a gun which can shoot a coot.

Presently India has a coalishun government made up of many parties, left, right and centre. It has started to library the economy. This means that there is now no need for a licence as the economy will be driven by itself.

India is also trying to become an Asian tiger because its own tigers are being poached. Another important event this year was the Shark meeting at Malas Dive. At this place, shark leaders agreed to share their poverty, pollution and population.
Old 14th January 2011, 01:09   #4620
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you guys know how a capacitor REALLY functions?.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-acdc.jpg  

Most Viewed