Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 11:54   #301
BHPian

Guys I am gonna be Delhi on 17th july to catch the bus to manali at 8:30 P.M from ISBT to go to Ladakh. I was thinking of going to Karim's from the airport and then on to ISBT. I arrive in Delhi at around 2 p.m. Can you guys give me directions of how to go from the airport to Karim's and on to ISBT. If any other restaurants for Mughalai food are recommemded, thats fine too. Also 17th being a Friday, will it be closed in the afternoon.

I know too many questions, but bear with me please. Papi pet ka saval hai.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:15   #302
Team-BHP Support

I suggest you call up radio Taxi at airport, and they will drop you to Karims.
If you are okay with their waiting charges, you can ask the taxi guy to wait, and after you finish off at Karims, ask him to drop you at Karims.
As for open and close on friday, Not too sure about it. I suggest you call them up
Indian Restaurants, Indian Food, Indian Cusines, Indian Recipes, Indian Dishes, Indian Hotel and ask them directly!
Since you are on a taxi, I suggest you go the the original Jama Masjid Karims if its open
Old 9th July 2009, 12:19   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I suggest you call up radio Taxi at airport, and they will drop you to Karims.
Tanveer, I will be traveling alone, so taxi will prove very expensive. I am okay with using public transportation. I also have up to 6 hours to reach ISBT, time should not be a problem. Any other recommendations.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:37   #304
Team-BHP Support

I presume you have luggage with you. In that case an Auto is a must.
But instead of catching one from the airport, go outside the arrival terminal and look for the parked DTC bus.
DTC runs bus services to various parts of the town. If you ask around they will tell you which bus goes to Jama Masjid.
From Jama Masjit to ISBT you will get an auto for 80-100rs but bargain hard.
If you go to Nizammudin area auto should be 50-60 rs.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:42   #305
BHPian

Thanks Tanveer for the advice. Now will have to call them up to know if they will be open.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:58   #306
BHPian

My choice of good eat outs !

1. Swagath (Same owner as that of Apurva at Fort, Mumbai. Also owns the Sagar Ratna chain in Delhi) Defence Colony- Manglorean Food
2. Al-Kosar-Chanakyapuri-For decent quality Biryani, a bit oily though!
3. All American Diner -India Habitat Centere, LodhI Road- For continental freaks...Undoubtedly the best in town!
4. Golden Dragon-Chinese-August Kranti Marg, Malviya Nagar Flyover
5. Andhra Pradesh Bhavan- 1 Ashoka Road- Outstanding spicey Andhra Thalis with option for Non-Veg food. Outbeats Sagar Ratna of Delhi by a huge margin in terms of taste of food. Dosa and snacks are available for breakfast as well. Biryani, spicey type is served on Sunday mornings.
6. Pavillion at Maurya Sheraton-SP Marg, Dhaula Kuan- The best Non-Veg Buffet in town (Very limited choice for veggies in the buffet). On the expensive side Rs. 2800 per person
7. Rajinder Dhaba- At Kamal Cinema Road, Safdarjung Enclave (Standout and eat).
8. OH Calcutta-Bengali food -Nehru Place (Good Bengali food. 90% of the chefs are from Orissa). On the expensive side.
9. Jagannath Temple - For simple vegetarian food without onion and garlic with 2 dishes, dal chawal and sweet dish, usually kheer. Unlimited helpings costs Rs.40 at Hauz Khas village. Bookings to be done for lunch and dinner in the morning and eveaning. Dont get seats at the last moment.
10.Naivedyam-South Indian(Karnataka style)at Hauz Khas village
11. Eatopia- Multiple cuisine, self service at India Habitat Centre, lodhi road
12. Gulati and Pindi for North Indian cuisine at Pandara Road market

All of the above is a mixture of good eatouts with varying budgets but are worth giving a try!
Old 8th September 2009, 16:35   #307
BHPian

Recently Lucknow's famous Tunde kawabwala has opened a branch in Windsor Park, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.

They have a very limited menu, but whatever they have is good. Although not as delicious as the original one's, galauti and shami kawabs are quite good. Biryani (mutton/chicken) and korma (mutton/chicken) are also not bad. But my pick is chicken masala with parantha :-)

\N
Old 8th September 2009, 16:47   #308
Team-BHP Support

Have you tried them personally ?

The reviews on some other forums (BCMT) were not too encouraging
Old 9th September 2009, 12:19   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have you tried them personally ?

The reviews on some other forums (BCMT) were not too encouraging
Yep, I went there on last Thursday and liked it so much that went there again on Friday :-) The reviews on BCM are dated June, when they must have just started, but now they seem to have put their act together.

\N
Old 30th October 2009, 22:29   #310
BHPian

My favorite these days is Route 04 in khan Market..
Nice place, nice music, reasonably priced drinks, food is a bit expensive but you are allowed to smoke inside.

Another one is Nursery Cafe in GK. Not in the main market but opposite the NDTV building in a corner. Nice concept of a simple joint in the middle of a nursery. Food's just ok. A popular hangout for south campus kids. again you are allowed to smoke inside.

PS: Smoking is injurious to health.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st October 2009 at 12:16. Reason: Please do not promote alcoholism. This is against team-bhp rules. Thanks
Old 14th January 2010, 19:46   #311
BHPian

best place for 4 to 5 people with cuisines like Chinese/Indian/Continental/Mughlai around moti nagar , rajouri garden , punjabi bagh , paschim vihar etc.????

Discount coupons with anyone ????
Old 14th January 2010, 20:16   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
best place for 4 to 5 people with cuisines like Chinese/Indian/Continental/Mughlai around moti nagar , rajouri garden , punjabi bagh , paschim vihar etc.????

Discount coupons with anyone ????
Budget? Try Bar B Que Nation. Rs. 550 per person with taxes - unlimited food.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:42   #313
J.Ravi

During 2007-08, whenever I visited Delhi on official work, I used to rush to Hotel Saravana Bhavan on Janpath directly from the IGI airport for breakfast. After finishing my meeting/work, again I used to go there for evening tiffin before emplaning for home, sweet home.

Old 15th January 2010, 17:56   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Budget? Try Bar B Que Nation. Rs. 550 per person with taxes - unlimited food.

address and location please ????
Old 15th January 2010, 18:00   #315
Team-BHP Support

Bar B Q nation is in Gurgaon. However, I have heard that west/central Delhi esp north west Delhi is a delight for punjabi food lovers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks