Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 21:55   #31
BHPian

my newest favourite is side wok at khan market!!1 delicious oriental food!!
-swagath def col. awsome butter garlic prawns!!
-Daitchi sout ex. -I fr chinese
-kake da hotel / national in CP or rajinder at safdarjung enclave fr d desi style!
-khan chacha as mentioned by most! but i feel its gone down i remember 5 yrs bak it ws waaaayy better!
-little italy defence colony has nice pizzas!
-punjabi by nature! i like the vasant vihar 1 better ambience on top floor! try the amritsari fish!!!

ok i cud go on bout this!! cant stop when it comes to food 8-)
plus all this food is making me hungry , i think im gna go grab a bite!
buon apetito!!
Old 25th May 2007, 22:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I beg to differ, unfortunately Yo China serves terrible terrible chopsticks, extremely poor quality. No balance and awful grip. Please do not practice using these. You'll be disillusioned.
I meant wins hands down because its a cheap place. SST solution. Sasta Sundar Tikaooo.

About the quality I recollect now ... they are extremely low grade plastic and not even symmetrical .. Those stupid things broke once while I was using them (early days) .. but it's like this .. if you can drive in India you can drive anywhere .. so having learnt on those .. i'm almost an expert in handling chopsticks now
Old 25th May 2007, 22:21   #33
BHPian

- Has anyone mentioned QBA?? Very nice ambience in the heart of CP (inner circle), very spacious too.

- Shawarma at NFC mkt are too good! no ambience though

- Rolls at Nizams, CP are good too

- for late nite dinner, Comesum is something you can rely on, open 24X7

- Park Balluchi in Green Park is also nice, good location inside a park.

- For low cost chinese food esp Lamb dry, Keecha in JNU is good
Old 25th May 2007, 22:31   #34
BHPian

Italian food - Flavours at Lajpat Nagar
Old 25th May 2007, 22:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
3) Moetz - Defence Colony
Their sizzlers are still some of the best I've tasted in Delhi, good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
my newest favourite is side wok at khan market!!1 delicious oriental food!!
Hmmm... have been hearing much about this restaurant, maybe will try it out tomorrow for lunch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
- Has anyone mentioned QBA?? Very nice ambience in the heart of CP (inner circle), very spacious too.
Ahhh yes, fabulous view & great ambience!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline View Post
1. Flavors - Defence colony,
Lovely Italian food, how can I forget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
1. Colonel Kebabz- Defence colony Market: Most this are great here but the Sheekh Kebabs and Murgh Hariyali tikka are to die for.
Ahhh yes the Mutton Seek Kebab rolls are to die for!!

Quote:
6. Aqua (at the Park,CP) - Simply The pretteist place we got in NCr!!!! What with a poolside bar, cabana's and beach chairs. Pizzas to die for and excellent cocktails.
What say we end up there tomorrow? You game?

Quote:
There are many more and ill write about them soon.
We'll be waiting eagerly knowing your Restaurenteur background!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Oh, Delhi is Paradise for Foodoholics in Winter
Im there in the last week of November for 10 days, only to indulge, already planned out and dates firmed.!!
So I'll have the pleasure of having you as a guest one or more of those days???? Looking forward to it, since you seem to be a big time foodie Like Me & Gogi!!!

Last edited by iraghava : 25th May 2007 at 22:58.
Old 25th May 2007, 22:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hows Shalom? A client had invited me to this place once but I never could make it due to other commitments.
Old 25th May 2007, 22:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Rolls at Nizams, CP are good too
Ahh yes, how could I forget!! Sumit (the owner happens to be a friend!!)

Quote:
- for late nite dinner, Comesum is something you can rely on, open 24X7
Sorry, but Comesum food is utter CRAP! I wouldn't eat there at all, rather spend some mroe money & go to a better place. And don't even get me started about the ambience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Hows Shalom? A client had invited me to this place once but I never could make it due to other commitments.
Pretty good food, lovely ambience. Not sure whether you would like to go there with a client, a nice, beautiful girl yes but client no. Unless the client is a hot man/woman! (Your preference, I choose only beautiful girls!!!!)

Last edited by iraghava : 25th May 2007 at 23:07.
Old 25th May 2007, 23:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Shalom - rewrote the way delhi parties- amongst the first few places to setout with the lounge bar concept and made reservations the norm. Has has been rocking since its inception in 2003.

Excellent decor and ambience, great crowd, great drinks and some delicious meditteranean food and the best hookahs in delhi.

A touch on the expensive side and snobbish service but definitely worth a visit.
Old 25th May 2007, 23:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Their sizzlers are still some of the best I've tasted in Delhi, good stuff!

Hmmm... have been hearing much about this restaurant, maybe will try it out tomorrow for lunch!!!

Ahhh yes, fabulous view & great ambience!!!

Lovely Italian food, how can I forget!!

Ahhh yes the Mutton Seek Kebab rolls are to die for!!

What say we end up there tomorrow? You game?

We'll be waiting eagerly knowing your Restaurenteur background!!

So I'll have the pleasure of having you as a guest one or more of those days???? Looking forward to it, since you seem to be a big time foodie Like Me & Gogi!!!
what time you coming tommorow??

aqua - sounds like a plan!
Old 25th May 2007, 23:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ishan, when we stop in Delhi on our way to Leh, please try and make yourself free. I would love to go to Karim's, and I've been told about the place since I was 10 or something. Ambience does not matter, unless they throw boiling oil on people who eat too much.
Old 25th May 2007, 23:21   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Unless the client is a hot man/woman! (Your preference, I choose only beautiful girls!!!!)

You're too liberal - and need some Talibanization
I've got the same preference target you have
Old 26th May 2007, 00:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but Comesum food is utter CRAP! I wouldn't eat there at all, rather spend some mroe money & go to a better place. And don't even get me started about the ambience!

am not a big foodie actually, but its one of the few places open 24X7. Very crowded mostly though.

for late nites, there is a parantha wala near moolchand flyover too. not bad at all.

hv heard good things abt Swagat in def col
Old 26th May 2007, 02:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am not a big foodie actually, but its one of the few places open 24X7. Very crowded mostly though.
Yeah but it's too crowded, the service is non-existant etc. etc. The food also is seriously passe.

Quote:
what time you coming tommorow??

aqua - sounds like a plan!
Should be there by 1 & will get free by 8 latest. Let's go to Aqua a little later tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ishan, when we stop in Delhi on our way to Leh, please try and make yourself free. I would love to go to Karim's, and I've been told about the place since I was 10 or something. Ambience does not matter, unless they throw boiling oil on people who eat too much.
Of course Akshay it'll be my pleasure! Will keep my self free & would love to go out with guys for Dinner & Drinks. Since you're going to be here for multiple nights, I'm sure we can have dinner at some more good restaurants.

Quote:
You're too liberal - and need some Talibanization
Bloody Terrorist

Last edited by iraghava : 26th May 2007 at 02:06.
Old 26th May 2007, 02:33   #44
BANNED

Ishan, do you run ur factory or do you run around trying out eating places ??? You have an exhasutive collection of favs ... and all along I thought I had a long list .

You guys seem to have covered more or less all the places ,.... but none of you have mentioned the latest most snobbish place -- ' TABULARASA ' !! They funda is something known as a small dish concept ... or something like that -- each dish is merely one meesly lil piece but priced at those of a full dish , meaning prices aint meesly from any angle .

4 of us went .. I didnt drink much , the other 3 had a few drinks as well and we ate ( didnt fill our stomachs ) -- We got BILLED for 14k -- !!! I aint going back there no more , unless a few of them HOT NCR women drag me there again and PROMISE to treat me . But it definitely is worth a visit once , amazingly done interiors and stuff & a gud \crowd on Wed nights and the week end . U guys will give up Aqua ....

Cheers
Old 26th May 2007, 06:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
-khan chacha as mentioned by most! but i feel its gone down i remember 5 yrs bak it ws waaaayy better!
You do know that the real Khan chacha shifted shop to another bylane in the market a couple of years back? A fake has taken a place opp. his original location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
As regards to the ambience it's no big deal for normal people. Only thing is it's an Old Delhi area so you have lots of beggars/street urchins/kids etc. there which pester you & if you're the Hairy Tatooed Tree maybe hang onto your locks (Sam is gonna kill me for this!!). But once inside the Karim compound it's no problem, it's only coming from the car/going back to the car which is the problem.

And do try out the Phirni there, it's amazing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks