Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 17:52   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Since a similar experience happened with me, I can understand these people's plight.

Have a read.

http://lempexperience.blogspot.in

This influx of new money has really brought in a lot of arrogance in people. The lawlessness is horrid. Police seems to work only in Crime Patrol and not in incidents like these.
I just read your blog. You seem to have had a terrible experience.

Btw I just found this link on fb which someone had shared
peopleforlemp.blogspot.in/2013/06/people-for-lemp-brewpub-and-kitchen.html?m=1
Old 12th June 2013, 00:21   #512
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Btw I just found this link on fb which someone had shared
peopleforlemp.blogspot.in/2013/06/people-for-lemp-brewpub-and-kitchen.html?m=1
Now that's called damage control gone bad! Which customer has access to CCTV footage of their favourite restaurant?
Old 12th June 2013, 21:32   #513
BHPian

Lemp is now Purple Bar. :o
https://www.facebook.com/lempbrewpubb

You think change of name is just bad timing? Or are they trying to bury the controversy along with the name?

Because Lemp is a part/franchise of an international brewery AFAIK.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:14   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Lemp is now Purple Bar. :o
https://www.facebook.com/lempbrewpubb

You think change of name is just bad timing? Or are they trying to bury the controversy along with the name?

Because Lemp is a part/franchise of an international brewery AFAIK.
That's exactly the reason why they changed the name. Lemp is an American brewery AFAIK. No way a brand like that will tolerate such inhumane behaviour from a franchise.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:40   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That's exactly the reason why they changed the name. Lemp is an American brewery AFAIK. No way a brand like that will tolerate such inhumane behaviour from a franchise.
I am just surprised at how they did it so quickly. Changing the spelling of your name on your drivers license seems like a task in India. I cant imagine that they ended a franchise (or whatever they did), changed the name on all documents, registered the name, probably got the same changed in the liquor license and the million other licenses and completed all the govt formalities in 48 hours.

I am just taking a wild guess. Maybe its simpler than I thought. Perhaps just change the signboard and your facebook page and you are done.
Old 13th June 2013, 16:48   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
I am just surprised at how they did it so quickly. Changing the spelling of your name on your drivers license seems like a task in India. I cant imagine that they ended a franchise (or whatever they did), changed the name on all documents, registered the name, probably got the same changed in the liquor license and the million other licenses and completed all the govt formalities in 48 hours.
Even in case of a franchise, I think the licenses etc are in the name of the franchisee (individual or entity). The agreement with the mall may be an issue because it is usually a tri-party agreement. But the company terminating the franchisee in 48-hours is close to impossible (especially for something like this).

Simpler explanation of course, is that the establishment was using the Lemp name without any agreement and they have changed their name fearing legal action (by the company).
Old 6th July 2013, 13:10   #517
Senior - BHPian

Those who would like to experience the food stalls in old Delhi, here is a pictorial report

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/phot...august-t46713/
Old 29th July 2013, 00:32   #518
BHPian

At a time when facebook is awash with food groups organising trips to old delhi, jamia areas for food walks around ramzan, should we team bhp people in delhi also have a food oriented trip down old delhi/other location over the coming weekend?

Got to try the Ethiopian food at the Ethiopian Cultural Centre on Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri today. Great food - the mutton etc. looks like it is cooked in a lot of oil but doesn't taste like that. Bill was around Rs.900 for 2. Different type of experience. Would recommend. (its inside the same plot as their embassy)

Also went to Jakoi in Assam bhawan last month after reading about it here. I really liked the food, especially the desert - some mudhi (puffed rice, toasted - we oriyas call it Mudhi but I dont know what it is generally called) mixed with cream and liquid gud - so simple and yet so tasty.

Last edited by manolin : 29th July 2013 at 00:37.
Old 29th July 2013, 00:38   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
At a time when facebook is awash with food groups organising trips to old delhi, jamia areas for food walks around ramzan, should we team bhp people in delhi also have a food oriented trip down old delhi/other location over the coming weekend?

Got to try the Ethiopian food at the Ethiopian Cultural Centre on Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri today. Great food - the mutton etc. looks like it is cooked in a lot of oil but doesn't taste like that. Bill was around Rs.900 for 2. Different type of experience. Would recommend. (its inside the same plot as their embassy)

Also went to Jakoi in Assam bhawan last month after reading about it here. I really liked the food, especially the desert - some muri mixed with cream and liquid gud - so simple and yet so tasty.
Actually we did had something like this twice in past, once at rajendar and other time at culinary at gk. We can surely plan one like this.
Old 29th July 2013, 00:45   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Actually we did had something like this twice in past, once at rajendar and other time at culinary at gk. We can surely plan one like this.
Indeed you did. I saw them on the t bhp meet thread, but saw them late - could we plan something like that in batla house/old delhi side. Some of the old timers of delhi - who may have their own favourite places from college days - if they/anyone could join in and guide us, it would be great. especially considering some good stuff does get available only during ramzan (like Haleem Biryani).

Which reminds me - you can order Hyderabadi Haleem from Pista House in old Hyderabad, from most metros, and it will get delivered on the same day via Gati. We recently ordered 2 kgs, it arrived dot at 8.30pm from Hyderabad. Order here. It is good stuff, very properly packed.

Last edited by manolin : 29th July 2013 at 00:49.
Old 29th July 2013, 00:49   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Indeed you did. I saw them on the t bhp meet thread - could we plan something like that in batla house/old delhi side. Some of the old timers of delhi - who may have their own favourite places from college days - if they/anyone could join in and guide us, it would be great.
It would be great actually. Mayank can help us here, mayank are you listening?
Old 29th July 2013, 22:28   #522
BHPian

Hello All,

Would like to recommend this place, Goli Vadapav no. 1

They(Vadapavs) just taste like the ones back at home. They have 8-9 stores across new delhi. The biggest is at Kalkaji,behind desh bandhu college.
The other are located at
Amar Colony,Lajpat nagar.
Laxmi nagar(Diagnolly opposite V3S).
Karol Bagh.
Moti Nagar.
Malviya Nagar.

Classic VP @ 25/-
Cheese/Schezwan Vp @32/-

They also serve sabudana wada, Masala VP.

Regards,
Rishi
Old 29th July 2013, 22:54   #523
BHPian

Quote:

Indeed you did. I saw them on the t bhp meet thread, but saw them late - could we plan something like that in batla house/old delhi side. Some of the old timers of delhi - who may have their own favourite places from college days - if they/anyone could join in and guide us, it would be great. especially considering some good stuff does get available only during ramzan (like Haleem Biryani).

Which reminds me - you can order Hyderabadi Haleem from Pista House in old Hyderabad, from most metros, and it will get delivered on the same day via Gati. We recently ordered 2 kgs, it arrived dot at 8.30pm from Hyderabad. Order here. It is good stuff, very properly packed.
I want to try this could you please clarify on the meat used. I don't eat beef. So as long as chicken or mutton should be fine.

Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 23:09   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post

I want to try this could you please clarify on the meat used. I don't eat beef. So as long as chicken or mutton should be fine.

Thanks
Don't worry. I'm positive it won't be beef. Anyway, is there something like beef biryani? I'm genuinely unaware.
Getting beef in Delhi is akin to getting some prohibited substance, it feels like that.
Old 29th July 2013, 23:32   #525
Team-BHP Support

Of course there is beef biryani, available aplenty in old delhi & batla house areas.

Its called "bade ki biryani"

Most Viewed