Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 17:34   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have had a mini meal of egg fried rice and veg manchurian at Zen. Loved it.

Food was not that bad Eddy but the service was. For me service is very impo as food i can still say the chef had a bad day!

In contrast a week back than this we guys went to Radisson (Noida) for a formal dinner and they rock! Nice ambience. Excellent food and exceptional service,was highly impressed and will recommend everyone for a good formal dinner or lunch to try that place once!
And the cost was at par with ZEN!

Last edited by harry10 : 7th January 2009 at 17:36.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The one opposite the 1st floor Big Chill(A horrendously expensive place which serves lousy food) is called Salims. Very good chicken afghani
For Khan chacha you have to go to the other end of Khan market. Its in the lane behind the Subway.

And I ALWAYS thought that this place is Khan Chacha.

I tried that Mrs Kaur's Italian/French place in Khan Market. Sandwiches are excellent and the French Onion soup wasn't too bad either.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:10   #198
BHPian

My friend also had a fight with the waiter a couple of years ago at Zen.

And I dont like Khana Chacha, half the time their yummy mutton tikka is over.
Old 8th January 2009, 01:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

IIRC Ministry of Sound was closed down quite a while back. I'm pretty sure it was not open on New Year's eve.
Old 8th January 2009, 01:54   #200
Senior - BHPian

Salim has a wider variety than khan chacha. It,s malai chicken is quite good. Nothing can beat khan chacha overall.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:28   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
What is the exact location of the same, is it the sameone which is near the khan market Archies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The one opposite the 1st floor Big Chill(A horrendously expensive place which serves lousy food) is called Salims. Very good chicken afghani
For Khan chacha you have to go to the other end of Khan market. Its in the lane behind the Subway.
Thanks a ton guys, would be checking out this weekend, i would love to have mutton tikka rolls there.
Goodness me just cant wait, i may visit it today itself
Old 8th January 2009, 09:58   #202
Team-BHP Support

Even I am tempted to go there on the weekend. Lets see !!

Gurgaon folks, stay AWAY from Magnolia. Horrible food. Its a buffet system and most of the times, the food containers are either empty, almost empty or chicken dishes devoid of any pieces (only gravy left). And you may have to wait for 5-7 minutes each time you want to fill your plate. I had a horrible experience at 300 bucks per head lunch there.

A better A la carteoption is "Nazare pind de" near Om Sweets in Sec 31, Gurgaon. Typical punjabi food.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th January 2009 at 10:00.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:18   #203
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how many here in Delhi would like the taste of AUTHENTIC mallu food, personally speaking I LOVE IT for last couple of years. Tried Madras hotel at INA market for their delicious parothas, chicken masala and biryani with kerela papad. Got it packed with apprehension (visited there after surfing a mallu blog) - TERRIBLE ( I mean it!) place with awesome food.

One needs to close his/her eyes while visiting this as it's an AUTHENTIC kerela restaurant.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:29   #204
BHPian

Quote:
A better A la carteoption is "Nazare pind de" near Om Sweets in Sec 31, Gurgaon. Typical punjabi food.
Eddy, do they serve non-veg food as well or else i will have to survive on Tadka Dal , as i am a pure non-vegetarian . Its very near to my office, i may drop in there for lunch today.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:33   #205
Senior - BHPian

Heh heh heh Panky-ji, actually an AUTHENTIC kerala restaurant has squeaky-clean area for customers - it is the KITCHEN and its inhabitants one should not look at. Like Chinese restaurants take pride in their 100-year old stock, Kerala restaurants take pride in the darkness of the brown colour of the cook's banian and towel!
Old 8th January 2009, 10:33   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Eddy, do they serve non-veg food as well or else i will have to survive on Tadka Dal , as i am a pure non-vegetarian . Its very near to my office, i may drop in there for lunch today.
Had it been a vegetarian place, I would have stayed a mile away from that place. cheers:

Do try the pudina parantha.

And where do you work ?
Old 8th January 2009, 10:41   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Had it been a vegetarian place, I would have stayed a mile away from that place. cheers:

Do try the pudina parantha.

And where do you work ?
When i am visiting a place for the first time, i just go for very basic, and basic to me is some Butter Chicken with Butter Nan

I will for sure go for the pudina parantha the next time around.

My work place is situated in Unitech Cyber Park ( the big red and yellow coloured towers ), its very near to sector. 31.

Where is your work place?
Old 8th January 2009, 11:01   #208
Team-BHP Support

I am telling you. Try the pudina parantha. Its absluotely yummy and better than the butter naan.

I work with IBM. My client is Airtel so do work out of Unitech Cyber park once a week or so from their office.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:05   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
IIRC Ministry of Sound was closed down quite a while back. I'm pretty sure it was not open on New Year's eve.
My cousin went there on new years eve. It was alive and kicking, Maybe under a different name or something?
Old 8th January 2009, 11:34   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I am telling you. Try the pudina parantha. Its absluotely yummy and better than the butter naan.

I work with IBM. My client is Airtel so do work out of Unitech Cyber park once a week or so from their office.
Ok, so i will go for a pudina parantha as well

Will PM you my details lets meet up when you are here next.

Most Viewed