Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 16:06   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My cousin went there on new years eve. It was alive and kicking, Maybe under a different name or something?
F-bar gurgaon was taken over by Ministry of Sound and renamed the same so might be possible your cousin has gone there!
Old 8th January 2009, 18:55   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Heh heh heh Panky-ji, actually an AUTHENTIC kerala restaurant has squeaky-clean area for customers - it is the KITCHEN and its inhabitants one should not look at. Like Chinese restaurants take pride in their 100-year old stock, Kerala restaurants take pride in the darkness of the brown colour of the cook's banian and towel!
Very True DerAlte bhaiya.. but considering Ministry of sound, Radisson and other big names.. oh! this place was a mess.

I really envy our kerela Tbhpian mates.. they can get the stuff wherever they want and here I need to travel 80 Kms to get 150 Rs. worth of food!
Old 9th January 2009, 00:18   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I dont know how many here in Delhi would like the taste of AUTHENTIC mallu food, personally speaking I LOVE IT for last couple of years. Tried Madras hotel at INA market for their delicious parothas, chicken masala and biryani with kerela papad.

it's an AUTHENTIC kerela restaurant.
Sigh. Only in Delhi would an authentic Kerala restaurant be called Madras.
Old 9th January 2009, 09:46   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sigh. Only in Delhi would an authentic Kerala restaurant be called Madras.
Don't you know that for us Delhittes, everything below Rajasthan is Madras! (Yeah some exceptions!)
Old 10th January 2009, 18:38   #215
BHPian

Guys suggest some good places where can go to satisfy the midnight hunger. The dress code should be casual (you are watching a late night flick on idiot box and suddenly you start feeling hungry). I am aware of the Pandara Road restaurants being open till 1 - 2 AM and I always stay a mile away from Comesum. Some more inputs pls.
Old 10th January 2009, 18:46   #216
Team-BHP Support

Paranthas at naraina
Old 10th January 2009, 18:56   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Paranthas at naraina
Know about them and have been there quite a number of times while going to the headoffice during monthends. A couple of problems:

1. Flyover construction going on.
2. No ambience, not a place where you would want to take your wife.
2. I hate eating in the car (arent all tbhpians supposed to, afterall we love our cars so much)
3. The local Police keeps on visiting after midnight and the dhaba ownbers would either down the shutters or close the dhaba for the day (rather night). Utter nuisance

Something like a midnight buffet sounds good (dont mind dressing up for that cheers
Old 11th January 2009, 07:06   #218
Senior - BHPian

Cafe at The City Park, pitampura!
Old 12th January 2009, 15:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Cafe at The City Park, pitampura!
Is it open 24 hours? What is the menu like?
Old 12th January 2009, 16:25   #220
Senior - BHPian

Yup thats 24 hrs! Menu includes delicious coffee and regular snacks.. bit pricey though!
Old 12th January 2009, 18:04   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Guys suggest some good places where can go to satisfy the midnight hunger. The dress code should be casual (you are watching a late night flick on idiot box and suddenly you start feeling hungry). I am aware of the Pandara Road restaurants being open till 1 - 2 AM and I always stay a mile away from Comesum. Some more inputs pls.
Yellow Brick Road at The Ambassador Hotel. Food is very very good and I wouldn't call it too expensive.

If in Gurgaon, try the Lemon Tree Hotel (VFM and great food) or the food court in the WNS building (Or is it the Sapient building?).
Old 12th January 2009, 19:13   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I am tempted to go there on the weekend. Lets see !!

Gurgaon folks, stay AWAY from Magnolia. Horrible food. Its a buffet system and most of the times, the food containers are either empty, almost empty or chicken dishes devoid of any pieces (only gravy left). And you may have to wait for 5-7 minutes each time you want to fill your plate. I had a horrible experience at 300 bucks per head lunch there.

A better A la carteoption is "Nazare pind de" near Om Sweets in Sec 31, Gurgaon. Typical punjabi food.
My expereience with Magnolia was more pleasent. The quality of food, though not top notch, was OK, the tomato soups were delicious (Buffet lunch). I did not face any such issue with quantity, all the 3-4 times i have been there.
However, one place which i would highly recommend for Buffet is Punjabi Grill in Ambience Mall, even though its expensive compared to Magnolia. Lovely food, specially the dum-pukht biryanis and some very delicious starters (fish/mutton roll/chicken malai tikka/gobi pakora etc.). Even the Nimbu paani they serve before the main course was quite good. But i would go only there for that pretty young thing that greets at the entrance.
Old 13th January 2009, 03:42   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Yellow Brick Road at The Ambassador Hotel. Food is very very good and I wouldn't call it too expensive.
Have been to YBR a couple of times and quite like it. Didnt know it was 24 hours. Thanx for the info.
Old 13th January 2009, 10:04   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
However, one place which i would highly recommend for Buffet is Punjabi Grill in Ambience Mall, even though its expensive compared to Magnolia.
How much does the non-veg buffet cost there ?
Old 13th January 2009, 13:00   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much does the non-veg buffet cost there ?
If i remember correctly its Rs. 450 including taxes.

Most Viewed