Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:12   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR

Kylin Premier Tepanyaki Grill in ambience Vasant Kunj. Had lunch from there a few weeks back. Decent food if one is willing to look beyond the price. Costed us close to 4K for two. Sat near the grill which may put off some people. Above average would be my rating but pricey of course.

Another joint if one wants to try South Indian coastal cuisine is the Zambar at Ambience Vasant Kunj. Pricey, decent ambience. Had lunch couple of months back and set us back by around 3.5K for two. Being a South Indian I can easily find fault with items if I want to nit pick, but all in all a decent place with decent food which of course comes at a price.
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:24   #407
Senior - BHPian

As for the budget restaurant, the center point in MMX mall, Mohan Nagar is one good eatry, it's not expensive at all. The ambiance is nice and good for family, which is usually the clientele there. The taste of food is also very neutral and to the liking of most.

I will rate it 3 at a scale of 5.
Old 23rd July 2012, 21:30   #408
BHPian

Visited the NFC branch of Dimsum Bros yesterday. Same awesome food and total value for money.

However, this one lacks the 'good' feel of the Ambi Mall outlet. There is also no alcohol license yet which will be sorted in another month.

All in all, close your eyes and relish them dimsums!
Old 23rd July 2012, 21:36   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Anyone been to the Tibet Kitchen? Never expected such terrific stuff, and now we are hooked.
Tibet Kitchen, Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi | Zomato
I was going to add my $.02 in here - and was going to write about the Tibet Kitchen, but I figured I'd do a search first to see if anyone else had mentioned it. You have - and somehow I'm not surprised - the food there is AWESOME! This is a classic case of "appearances can be deceptive" - the joint doesn't look all that fancy from the outside (and their interior can be described as adequate rather than luxurious) - but their food puts MOST, if not all, Chinese (or Tibetan) food from the commerical joints in the city to shame (by commerical joints I mean places like Yo! China, etc). The food is authentic Tibetan - many of the items are similar to what you'd find in Northern China (note: REAL Chinese food is very different from what passes as Chinese food here). My favorite item there is the spicy lamb - this is a MUST-TRY for anyone that goes there!

Highly recommended. . .
Old 24th July 2012, 10:37   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Sikkim house - cheap cheap CHEAP!!!
some chinese stuff, and lots of stuff served in exotic sauces, like oyster!!
1000 odd bucks oughta cover 2-3 people.

Restaurant at Assam bhawan(jakoi, i think)- medium prices, and one of the few places where you can get duck for less...
Old 24th July 2012, 12:18   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Restaurant at Assam bhawan(jakoi, i think)- medium prices, and one of the few places where you can get duck for less...
Duck?? You mean duck as in the bird duck??
Old 24th July 2012, 12:23   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Duck?? You mean duck as in the bird duck??
well, yeah....
you thought what, pray tell?
Old 24th July 2012, 12:27   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, yeah....
you thought what, pray tell?
Nothing just could nt believe my eyes. I m rushing to the joint at the next possible opportunity. Yummy.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 24th July 2012, 13:37   #414
Team-BHP Support

Went to Sikkim House a lot in my student days, it offered good food at decent prices.

Need to try the duck at Assam house sometime. Thanks for the info.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:46   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Nothing just could nt believe my eyes. I m rushing to the joint at the next possible opportunity. Yummy.
Thanks for the heads up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Went to Sikkim House a lot in my student days, it offered good food at decent prices.

Need to try the duck at Assam house sometime. Thanks for the info.
Oh, i didnt know we had aficionados here.
ok,try the :
1. roast duck at ginger moon, khan market(i think its ginger moon only, on the first floor, facing the rear parking)
2. peking style at yum yum tree in NFC
3. sweet sauced sliced duck at one joint in outer circle CP, near blues, I think....I am really bad with names

For assam bhawan, pre order the duck.
call it in.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:41   #416
Team-BHP Support

Can somebody point the location of Sikkim and Assam houses? Are they near Tamil Nadu house? Are they open for dinner?
Old 24th July 2012, 17:09   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Can somebody point the location of Sikkim and Assam houses? Are they near Tamil Nadu house? Are they open for dinner?
Sikkim house, take the next exit after the blocked off rear Lane of the American embassy, next light take a u turn. It'll be on your left.
For Assam house, on the Lane where you take a right from gyarah moorti when coming from presidents estate, its at the first redlight.
Oh. There's also a good non Veg vend right there.

Edit : Sikkim is definitely open for dinner, Assam I've enjoyed on Sunday noons ,so don't know.

Last edited by mayankk : 24th July 2012 at 17:10.
Old 24th July 2012, 19:14   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sikkim house...is definitely open for dinner...
Not any more - they stopped admitting walk-in diners for the last one year or more, and the only way you can have a meal there is by booking a room to stay in (at the guest house), and then ordering whatever you like. However, before they stopped letting in the likes of us (we used to be regulars there, visiting about once a week, and knew the waiters by their first names!), they'd actually hiked rates pretty sharply, and the average cost of a meal for two worked out to Rs.500-600 (from the Rs.300-350 earlier).
Old 24th July 2012, 20:22   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller
Not any more - they stopped admitting walk-in diners for the last one year or more, and the only way you can have a meal there is by booking a room to stay in (at the guest house), and then ordering whatever you like. However, before they stopped letting in the likes of us (we used to be regulars there, visiting about once a week, and knew the waiters by their first names!), they'd actually hiked rates pretty sharply, and the average cost of a meal for two worked out to Rs.500-600 (from the Rs.300-350 earlier).
Oh?
Its been that long?
Sad. Their menu used to be really exotic. I haven't seen most of their stuff on any other menus.
The Yashwant singh palace guys serve very nicely flavored meats too, in the area.
Old 24th July 2012, 20:33   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Yashwant singh palace guys serve very nicely flavored meats too, in the area.
You mean the Chanakya restaurants ? Where do you get nicely flavoured meats there ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks