Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2022, 11:43   #1
Team-BHP Support

Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2022

The year 2022 starts today. Like we did last year, let's talk about our resolutions regarding the automotive world and what car plans we have for the year. What are the targets we want to achieve or the bad habits that we want to get rid off?

Here are mine.

1. Get back to DIYs. I used to do a lot of stuff in my 20s and early 30s. Time to pick up those tools again.

2. Take my wife and daughter on a long driving vacation. Sick of being holed up in this city due to the restrictions.

3. Follow the motorcycle scene again. In 2021, I had no idea what happened.

4. Cycle longer on weekends and do more climbs
Aditya is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 12:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2022

New year resolutions never work out for me but here are mine:

1) Go on a long pending Vietnam road trip with my friend.

2) With my current car giving troubles, perhaps it’s time to consider changing my vehicle. This is offcourse dependent some other factors such as if I would have to relocate this year.

3) Visit some car museums, it’s been ages since I’ve visited any, especially with most of my friends not being petrol heads!
dragracer567 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 13:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

1. I will not be tempted to buy a car this year. (I got one in 2020 and one more in 2021. lol)

2. Spend a lot more time fiddling with the cars. 2021 was bad in that respect.

3. Ofcourse more long drives.

My only fear is keeping the first resolution. I have a feeling I will manage to break that by selling my Ecosport and getting something silly this year.
Vid6639 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 13:22   #4
BHPian

For me, I have been able to more or less meet my 2021 Automotive resolutions (Unfortunately, ONLY the automotive ones ), except for this one: Getting my Tata Estate to running condition!
This is the only automotive goal I have this year, and one that wouldn’t be easy, given the fact that this car has not run for nearly 7 years now. Parts aren’t easy to find either:

Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2022-04e48468991746d9aa26c1449003033d.jpeg

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 1st January 2022 at 13:28.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 13:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

No resolutions. Continue doing highway drives as much as possible.

New car plans: If I go by my heart only, A new Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TSI or a pre-owned luxury at an Octavia kind of budget. But chances of that happening in 2022 are pretty much non existent. So what is doable is a facelift to my Vento TSI as it enters the 9th year. A good round of detailing, maybe a suspension and headlamp upgrade and some cosmetic internal upgrades which I hope will keep the heart from taking over the mind.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 1st January 2022 at 13:35.
Rajeevraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 13:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

One and only resolution for 2022 - Buy my first car, didn't happen in 2021 due to other commitments.

Hopefully this year, will gift myself one.

Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2022-20220101_134255.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st January 2022 at 13:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 14:11   #7
BANNED

I don't really make resolutions, I try new things every year.

This year I have decided to breakdown the schedule for my work projects into alternate fortnights - I plan to work two weeks then rest/party the following two. This will probably include gaming (have a long backlog of games I need to finish, Thanks to Epic!), reading and flying away to a domestic holiday destination every two months.

During the lockdowns I have discovered I am more productive when I am not thinking about work.

Also going to finish building my racing sim setup (The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread).
Already bought the Oculus quest 2 and the DD base. Need to decide on a wheel and pay the local welder a visit.

Also going to learn how to bake bread. Rice is starting to disgust me.

Best wishes and a happy new year, everyone!
Electromotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 14:19   #8
BHPian

1. Give a mid life refresh to the Verna to keep it as good as new for a few more years. Was initially planning to buy a new car in 2023, but there might be a need for a second car at the end of this year and hence will push my own upgrade by a few years. I have already started the refresh by getting a new Android HU. Planning on new seat covers, a proper detailing session or repaint, and may be some preventive maintenance with suspension/ clutch overhauls.

2. More mountain drives. This year has been all about driving towards towards the coast, in Chennai, Goa and Kerala with only one drive to Coorg, which cannot even be considered a proper mountain drive. Hoping to drive more towards Ooty, Kodai and western ghats this year.

3. Less chatter when driving. I have this bad habit where I keep giving a live commentary of the road while driving, the vehicles, the roads, some shops on the road etc. Although I consider it as a part of being alert while driving, and sometimes taking out frustrations by words than on road, I guess it can get annoying for others. Want to try and get to a calmer state of mind while driving.
anandhsub is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

As odd as it may sound, I am actually now itching to drive a 'Manual' slick shifting compact hatch. I think it will be a good way of changing the monotony a bit. Once I get older into the 50s, ATs would anyway be necessary.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:57   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

There is only 1 resolution. LADAKH.

For more than a decade, I have planned and unplanned and replanned. Something or the other has always turned up. This year, I will go, anyhow. 2022 is my last year of casual travel, kid will start school next year. It has to be this year.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 19:21   #11
BHPian

My automotive resolutions for this year are:

1. Sell our pre-owned 2011 Innova, which has run 190k Kms till date and get a 5 seater crossover Diesel AT (this might be our last Diesel car purchase) within 25L of budget as we don't need a 7 seater anymore due to unavoidable reasons. We've been planning to sell off the Innova since 2019 but had to postpone buying a new car due to "COVID" and other reasons (our house purchase is one of them) and instead, spent around 1.5L on this car by gettng clutch replaced as well as tyres, front windshield (had to replace due to crack), seat covers, etc, in 2019. But, this time, we've decided not to postpone in purchasing a new car anymore as I've had enough with it and I myself praying that we should get a new car at least this year

2. Do more long drives whenever I find some time

3. Get our 2014 Honda City iDTEC's issues sorted out and keep the car till we get bored of it. Was planning to sell off this car since it has run 125k Kms till date and get a Petrol C-SUV AT (considering our road conditions are bad) or EV for city commute as the daily usage might get reduced since I'm planning to move out of country soon after covid cases get reduced and mom will be the primary user of the after I move out of country

4. Make friends with other car enthusiasts and attend regular meetups with them

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 1st January 2022 at 19:27.
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 19:37   #12

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2022 at 11:46.
vvabhiram is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2022, 20:24   #13
BHPian

1. Buy my first bike.

2. More road trips!

3. We have never gone north of the Mumbai Metro Region in any of our cars. Only South India has been toured. After 28 years, high time we cross Maharashtra Gujarat border on 4 wheels!

So a road trip to Northern India!

4. Hardly cycled in 2021. Need to do at least one century ride this month itself.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:34   #14
BHPian

Get my self a middle-weight Adv!
iamahunter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:58   #15
BHPian

My New Year 2022 automotive resolutions are as follows:

1) Cycling more & more on weekends. Need to increase my stamina.

2) Need to gain some knowledge on technical aspects of a vehicle. For eg: the parts that are serviced yearly.

3) Train my mind to drive smartly for the following benefits:
  • To make sure usage of clutch & brakes can be reduced even further. I'm going to do this by looking at traffic ahead & judge so that increase/decrease in speed is done smoothly.
  • Increase fuel efficiency by not going to crowded places - instead park vehicle 1-2 kms before & walk the rest of the distance.
  • Go more slowly over speed breakers/potholes so that I can save my suspension - Due to sake of other people, I sometimes go quickly over speed breakers/potholes because people behind me constantly honk . Later I see in my rearview mirror that they move so slowly over those speed breakers/potholes. So, why you honked & made me go faster over it? This angers & saddens me everytime. Now, I won't pay any heed to these people no matter what. They won't be paying for my suspension overhaul expenses.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 1st January 2022 at 21:04. Reason: Added little more information.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks