Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
He He! I had come across some monkeys like that, some dude came up and asked me whose car I was driving when he saw my Zen, I said it was mine, then he said no it seems some Mr X Reddy claims it's his car. Then I said there are many modded zens in bangalore, he must have made a mistake, then he says no he was sure, he remembers the car and said the car has a fiberglass Setup in the boot, then I was puzzled. On asking where Mr Reddy showed him the car, he said in Pai Viceroy parking lot. I used to go there to meet a friend often as it is close to JC road, and I had a hearty laugh, and our man was disappointed at first and then he laughed too.
You sure he wasnt referring to G-Reddy ? That sticker is quite misleading I must say .

Old 4th October 2007, 01:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
coz nothings worth more than your privacy and identity period.
that's a slightly false sense of security.

having an online profile is not only a matter of pride for a geek, but also serves a good purpose of keeping other updated about onself.

third, i see it as giving up ones freedom because of some crackheads. Why shud I have to hide myself from the world because of them.
"personal and private" is subjective (and personal opinion), and cyberworld or otherwise, same precautions need to be taken.
Old 4th October 2007, 01:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

I agree with vivekny2k...
Its all about restricting what you put online, for example, in a profile on orkut. You can have a whole lot, and friends/relatives would love to catch up on many things by peeking into your profile. There are the usual characters,who peek in only to see if there's anything that interests them.

As long as you don't put in way too much info,it should be safe.
Old 4th October 2007, 12:18   #34
BHPian

for the ones that feel they absolutely MUST use orkut for finding lost friends etc etc why dont you give facebook a try? ive heard its a lot more secure than orkut and others cant see all your details until you've added them as a friend and then too you can control what they see??? besides facebook seems to have less of the fakers and 'adult' profiles
Old 4th October 2007, 14:00   #35
BHPian

Cheap_Deal, Facebook is very nice. I like it for the applications you can add. But say somebody joins the India group and you are also in that group, I guess that person can view your profile and so on!
Old 5th October 2007, 03:03   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Cheap_Deal, Facebook is very nice. I like it for the applications you can add. But say somebody joins the India group and you are also in that group, I guess that person can view your profile and so on!
Actually on facebook, u can change your privacy settings so only people who are your friends can see your profile. Even people in the same network as you can't see your profile (based on your privacy settings) and if they can, they can only see your limited profile (which also you can control).
Old 5th October 2007, 03:20   #37
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well as one put it people prefer virtual to real nowadays...I'm a lil old school guys sorry..still cant see the light.

Most Viewed