Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 23:16   #151
Senior - BHPian

His house is going on. No stopping work because of a few petty billion bucks. Thats routine life.
Talati & Panthaky Associated are executing the work. So we have a seperate team based in his monstrosity.
One of the party rooms on the 13 floor is almost done. Theres still a lot of work left. 30% completion. Work on the heli pad will start soon.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:19   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
i think you are quiet serious about this. The rent will be around 10lac per month, interested?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
10 Lakhs ?? I even doubt that.. Our company have a 3 floor office of 2000 Sq. ft in a posh locality in delhi and rent paid is near to 7 Lakh something. So you can decide your self
Well guys to put rents in perspective, apartments in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Pre-Recession....

5,000 sq ft 5BHK for 6-7 Lakhs a month...So you can forget getting an apartment of similar luxury on Altamount Rd...

To put it in perspective for the Delhiites:
Hiranadani = DLF Gurgaon / NFC / DC
Altamount Rd = Golf Links / Malcha Marg...

Oh and commercial rental is always more expensive than residential.

**I heard there is some debate about the helipad/helicopter usage by Mr. Ambani.
Some new security laws might prevent regular citizens from using private choppers.

The politicians however are exempt from this rule so good for Anil Ambani then.

Also whosoever brought up KF Villa, it's definitely luxurious and opulent, but is not obscene like this is...I think that this is a somewhat "Mine's BIGGER than your's" kind of thing.

Oh and out of the 600 staff, I'm sure a ton of them are going to be personal security!

Last edited by DocG : 18th March 2009 at 23:23.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:02   #153
BHPian

Fun will come when he will drive down either from the kemps corner side or the Haji Ali side, only to get stuck in the traffic jam. Courtesy Bandra- Worli Sealink.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:02   #154
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have pics of the construction? Just curious to see how the building looks as of now.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:28   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Well guys to put rents in perspective, apartments in Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Pre-Recession....

5,000 sq ft 5BHK for 6-7 Lakhs a month...So you can forget getting an apartment of similar luxury on Altamount Rd...

To put it in perspective for the Delhiites:
Hiranadani = DLF Gurgaon / NFC / DC
Altamount Rd = Golf Links / Malcha Marg...

Oh and commercial rental is always more expensive than residential.

**I heard there is some debate about the helipad/helicopter usage by Mr. Ambani.
Some new security laws might prevent regular citizens from using private choppers.

The politicians however are exempt from this rule so good for Anil Ambani then.
Uncle doc with a t.

Golf Links is equivalent to the Breach Candy Bungalows, if you can find them.... forget it, you cannot, there are bungalows on Breach candy.

Last but not the least, its what 100,000 crores brings you as a perk.

Let's not get our heads into what Mr Mukesh Ambani is doing before we have our collective wrongs and rights in order.

My very pittance of 2 cents.

Regards

M
Old 1st July 2014, 15:42   #156
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?

Old thread... but i came across this picture which i thought was the best one yet!
Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?-1148781_10151813203969787_1762033727_n.jpg

It was shot by Sam Manoj Simon from up here...
Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?-1239519_10151813204474787_1536988799_n.jpg

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2014 at 15:43.
Old 9th April 2017, 12:56   #157
BANNED

Is Mukesh Ambani India's fitting answer to the Google guys/Elon Musk/Jeff Bezos ? ?

This is going to be one of those extremely offbeat threads. But I had to ask this here. First off, I have very few friends who are hardcore businessmen/entrepreneur types.

Second of all, there are very few Indians I can discuss this kind of a question with online. Not only do you get motorheads here but you also get wonderful members from the professional world. I know some members are executive level types so they may have something to say.

RIL is getting its stride back and soon may over take TCS as the largest company in India so I HAD to ask this question. So much wealth and such a large enterprise in Indian history to be in private hands was not possible. Ambani could probably write a PhD dissertation on entrepreneurship by now.

Source:
http://www.business-standard.com/art...0601045_1.html

In recent times, I have become quite acquainted with Mukesh Ambani's empire after having spent time in the American state of TEXAS, where RIL plunged $2 billion as an investment. You can spot RIL's private jets in Texas from time to time (Dallas & Houston) which are essentially oil capitals of the world. With Mukesh Ambani being the owner of the world's largest oil refinery - he is quite the titan himself.

A few desi friends and I were discussing about the grand dreams of Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Elon Musk of Tesla, and Warren Buffet + Bill Gates.

One fellow made a hilarious remark when he compared Warren Buffet and Bill Gates to a marwari type who focus more on profit than fancy dreams whereas another compared the Google guys to India's Brahmin community for being more intellectual in their approach to business rather than just seeing it as a pure money making opportunity.

It was only after I got to know a bit about RIL was I more interested about RIL. Most Indians know Mukesh Ambani as a man who drowns in money - but very few are familiar with the global relevance of what he does and how many lives he touches across the world even though he lives in Mumbai.

Before I go on I will mention that this is OPEN ENDED and A POLL. The way I see it this is a debate and it's a forum. Everything goes - for those who like to talk business and entrepreneurship.

A few notes for those of you who are NOT acquainted with RIL so you can form an opinion.

RIL (Mukesh Ambani's division) is the owner of the world's largest oil refinery situated in Jamnagar Gujarat. It was a $6 billion greenfield project (built from scratch ) built in 1998. Here's a brief video on it:

Jamnagar Refinery produces 1.5% of the transportation fuel of the world. That means every time a plane flies, every time a car moves, every time a truck moves, anywhere in the world 1.5% comes from Jamnagar. - Mukesh Ambani

For most of you who don't know, RIL is an export oriented company. Basically this means Mukesh Ambani gets to live in India, but his empire is built on importing crude oil from Venezuela and Mexico, and shipping it to USA, Singapore, Canada, Singapore, so on.

Mukesh Ambani is one of the lords of the shipping world - at any given time there are two dozen tankers spread out over parts of the world heading to Gujarat from places like Russia.

And far they go - in 2009 RIL set a record by leasing storage near Manhattan in New York City where they shipped gasoline from their refinery in Gujarat to the New York harbor area.

The scale of RIL's business is so vast they get in trouble from time to time with politics - geo politics get involved. The US Export Import bank denied RIL billions in loans when they found out Ambani supplies Iran with 40% of its gasoline imports - since the USA is on bad terms with Iran (sanctions by President Obama on Iran) - RIL had to cut back on business with Iran to get back the American market (USA would stop RIL from selling in USA ) if they continued to sell to Iran.

Pic 1:
Jamnagar refinery, the jewel in the empire. The world's largest oil refinery. Crude comes from as far as Russia and Venezuela and Mexico - the refined gasoline goes as far as the New York harbor region (very close to Manhattan) and to Brazil.

Pic 2:
What an interesting picture - two titans - who both affect each other in interesting ways. Obama placing a sanction on Iran hit RIL badly to the point where they had to stop doing business with Iran to continue sales to the USA.

Now I would've asked Obama at the meeting if I was Mukesh in a very frank manner, "Hey Obama what the hell man you know your damn sanctions on Iran led to us having a bad quarter! If you end the sanctions maybe my net worth will rise a little bit !"

Pic 3:
Just one vessel in the many vessels that carry RIL's produce across the seven seas. The Ethane Crystal in Houston Texas - world's largest VLEC (Very Large Ethane Carrier) built for RIL.
Attached Thumbnails
Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?-jamnagarrefinery2.jpg  

Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?-barackobamamukeshambani.jpg  

Mukesh Ambanis New House. Insane display of Wealth or sign of India's prosperity?-ethane_crystal.jpg  

Last edited by D33-PAC : 9th April 2017 at 13:08.
Old 9th April 2017, 15:22   #158
BHPian

Re: Is Mukesh Ambani India's fitting answer to the Google guys/Elon Musk/Jeff Bezos ? ?

I think both are very different and cannot be compared. Larry Page/Sergey Brin/Jeff Bezos/Elon Musk are technologists/product innovators who are chasing the future like AI, Driverless Cars, Electric Cars, Space travel, Drone delivery. They are either creators or disruptors who typically leaving the job of running the company to CEO/COO's (may be with the exception of Bezos). This is not to say one is better than other. Mukesh Ambani's strengths are different and he should probably be compared to different set of people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks