Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Please Vote For Taj Mahal

The Taj Mahal is under threat of losing its status from the "Seven Wonders of the World"......

Taj Mahal is competing with twenty other monuments of which the Great Pyramids of Giza have already secured their place in the list.

So please cast your vote at link below...
www.new7wonders.com

Please spread the message and do post here after you have voted for the same.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

This isnt even an unesco project. Its something like, I make a site listing DND flyway a wonder of the world and proclaim it so.
Its just a commercial gimmik, akin to vote "yes or no" at 4554, one sms 10rs, and you can win 1000 billion dollars.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:16   #3
BHPian

I saw a program on Star News regarding this ( Everything is news to these channels). They were saying that the topper of this list has received 20% votes and Taj Mahal has received only .6% votes. I do not know how much truth is there behind this but being responsible indian, I did my part and voted for TM not only once but as many times as I could
Old 4th June 2007, 15:16   #4
BANNED

Let is go off the list. Then maybe the government will stop taking Taj for granted and do something for proper conservation.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedweednitro View Post
Let is go off the list. Then maybe the government will stop taking Taj for granted and do something for proper conservation.
I really hope that instead of signing some lists, we make sure that the Taj remains worthy of being classified as a wonder.
Went there recently, the marble is grey, and the walls of full of cheap grafitti, and the security tries to harass you to no end.
Old 4th June 2007, 21:11   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
the security tries to harass you to no end.
Agra is full of people trying to make a cheap buck of you. The city is dirty and filthy everywhere. When I walk around, people harass me offering "cheap stuff" and yelling "hellow, hellow, ver ya fram??". Perhaps because of the way I look, they assume I'm a tourist.

I just stare at them and ask "Kyon bhai, hindi nahi aati hai kya?" While shopping, people abuse and say horrid things in front of tourists, calling them monkey and other rude names, not repeatable here assuming they don't understand hindi. Always making lewd and sexual references in hindi, assuming the firangs dont get it. I get dragged into this often, with visiting friends, I listen to their crap for a bit and I ALWAYS set them straight later. Very straight.

At the Taj they charge Rs. 20 to Indians and Rs.200 to foreigners.
I have been massively harassed and accused of trying to masquerade as an Indian to save Rs.180/-

When I spoke to him in Hindi, (my hindi is fine and fake-accent free), he said "Toh kya hua, videsh mein hindi bhi sikhate hain"

Where is your passport, it seems. Why should I carry it???
I didn't have my wallet and therefore no drivers license. It was a pretty pickle and I let loose my choicest hindi badwords. All to no avail.

It's a wonder people come there to see it, after the pathetic way we behave.

Mind you, the Taj is utterly awe-inspiring. I'm very proud of it. Just not proud of the Indians around it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th June 2007 at 21:16.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

It was not the Internet which made Taj the seventh wonder of the world. So why should it be that way now?
I abstain from voting.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishism View Post
Hey Sam,
Let's not allow our personalities and preferences and experiences to rule the issue.
Sorry rishism, if you think little deeper you'll see that's the cause for most of our issues.
It's easy and politically correct to make this kinda statement. DOES NOT WORK IN REAL LIFE. To make these work. we need to work together. It's a long shot if you ask me.
Old 4th June 2007, 23:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

"additional votes may be purchased through a payment to NOWC"
New Seven Wonders of the World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

next thing we know, mallaya will buy millions of those and make one of his planes the best of the seven wonders of the world.
Old 5th June 2007, 00:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Haha good one vivekiny2k

I voted for Taj Mahal from my side.
Old 5th June 2007, 03:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

I voted for TAJ MAHAL long time and it will always be wonder for me
Old 5th June 2007, 08:26   #12
Team-BHP Support

Make sure you do not give out your regular email address while registering. Use some junk email address.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

BTW why there are 7 wonders of the world why cant there be 20. Man these people do whatever they want. First they kicked the poor little Pluto off the planet list and now they are doing all this stuff.

I want 20 WONDERS.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
BTW why there are 7 wonders of the world why cant there be 20. Man these people do whatever they want. First they kicked the poor little Pluto off the planet list and now they are doing all this stuff.

I want 20 WONDERS.
Umm lets start a web site, and take in votes. More email addresses means more votes. Then we can sell the entire email database to marketeers
Old 5th June 2007, 12:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Umm lets start a web site, and take in votes. More email addresses means more votes. Then we can sell the entire email database to marketeers
Sure Paji just lemme know the domain name i will register it lol.. Time to get rich

Jokes apart but who make these laws that there should be only 7 wonders of the world and stuff. Why not 8 ?? If they can strip off a planet atleast they can add a WONDER.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks