Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 11:34   #1486
BHPian

Felon (2008)-

a movie where a guy is convicted of murder due to the strict penal system and shows the life behind bars.

a very good and excellent movie.

Stop-Loss (2008)-

a movie where they show how soldiers are stop lossed and are forced to fight in iraq even though there isnt a war. it isnt a documentary.

another excellent movie.

Blow (2001)-

its an old movie wonder if any one has seen it.

its a must its a story of a drug smuggler of his rise and fall a excellent movie. very good acting by johnny deep.

Big Stan (2007)-

another funny movie in which one can see rob Schneider as a hero.

he is a weak con who has to go to prison and is scared to prisoners who hurt him (in the dirtiest way) learns martial arts. avery funny movie.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:43   #1487
BHPian

Goodfellas (8.8/10 IMDB)

Excellent gangster flick. Ray Liotta, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci are superb. I feel that Joe outdid both Al and Ray in this movie. Must watch.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:58   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Goodfellas (8.8/10 IMDB)

Excellent gangster flick. Ray Liotta, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci are superb. I feel that Joe outdid both Al and Ray in this movie. Must watch.
Oops, it should be Robert De Niro and not Al Pacino as Jimmy in that movie. My bad.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:26   #1489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Zee Studio is showing some classics these days. Last evening I watched 'The World's Fastest Indian'.

The story of an old man, Burt Munro who owns a vintage 1920 Indian motorcycle. The motorcycle is his life. His dream is to speed run it over 200 mph on the vast salt tracks of Bonneville, Utah. He accomplishes his dream in the end. His journey from a small NZ town, Invercargill to Bonneville is brilliantly shot. Anthony Hopkins as Burt Munro is one of the most impeccable performances in cinema I have seen in a long time.

Superb movie. 5/5 rating
Saw this movie -- "The World's Fastest Indian" yesterday on some TV channel (an't remember which one though).

It's AWESOME. One of the best auto based movies ever I must say. A zillion times better and more riveting then the current 'fast & furious' types.

Folks if you haven't see it; do see it. it's a MUST SEE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Haven't caught this one yet. I keep hearing good stuff about it, but I haven't lifted my @$$ up and taken the effort to get it yet. Added to list (for real, this time) ..
Buddy you better see this one..
Old 20th August 2008, 10:47   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes, Worlds Fastest Indian, a definite watch for everyone. Its an awesome movie, and very heart warming.

Also saw Singh is King last night... ill just say i was exxpecting something better. It was okayish entertainment, the whole story just didnt piece together right.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:20   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Saw this movie -- "The World's Fastest Indian" yesterday on some TV channel (an't remember which one though).

It's AWESOME. One of the best auto based movies ever I must say. A zillion times better and more riveting then the current 'fast & furious' types.

Folks if you haven't see it; do see it. it's a MUST SEE.

Buddy you better see this one..
It was aired on Zee Studio. I am sure they will air it again sometime in the near future. I saw it last month. Great movie. Great performance by Sir Anthony Hopkins.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:52   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow we are spoilt for choice with 5 movies releasing

1) Maan Gaye Mughal-E-Azam
2) Phoonk
3) Mumbai Meri Jaan
4) Chamku
and 1 more.

Good *rubbing my hands in glee*
Old 21st August 2008, 11:00   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Gautam..how many are you watching tommorrow ? I am eagerly waiting for Phoonk !!! Sppoookkkyyy !!!
Old 21st August 2008, 11:05   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Atleast 2. Phoonk and Mumbai meri jaan. Maybe I can squeeze in one more
Old 21st August 2008, 13:29   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Gautam, how come you are from Mumbai? you seem to have been born in south in your last janam, the passion for movies that you have is typically found in AP and Tamil Nadu. Where people die trying to get tickets for the first show on the first day of release of any superstar ( Chiranjeevi, Rajnikanth etc) movies.

And,in hyderabad there is a huge fan following of Mithun's movies where i have seen fans take out a rally on the first day of the show and dance on street and garland the photo during the rally.

I must say from the west you alone are giving them a stiff competition

Btw, if you don't mind, can we know how much you spend on movies in a month? Ignore if you'd not like to share

As i love spooky movies, Phoonk is something i am not going to miss out because RGV is best at this genre

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st August 2008 at 13:30.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:36   #1496
BHPian

Hey Buddy,

So when have you planned the Mumbai Meri jaan show for?

Am assuming it's IMAX, as usual.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:45   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Gautam, how come you are from Mumbai? you seem to have been born in south in your last janam, the passion for movies that you have is typically found in AP and Tamil Nadu. Where people die trying to get tickets for the first show on the first day of release of any superstar ( Chiranjeevi, Rajnikanth etc) movies.
Its a general belief that ,In AP, Cinema comes after food,clothes and shelter in the Need hierarchy.
Apparently,this is why the Telugu film Industry is the biggest in the country and a very successful art director in the business told me that the scale of a Telugu movie is 3-times that of any other language(excepting Bollywood).
Old 21st August 2008, 15:32   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I don't know about that but this movie watching habit was passed on by my GF. I was not a person who would go to movie theaters and watch a 3 hour long movie. Of course the multiplex culture did help a lot.

Quote:
And,in hyderabad there is a huge fan following of Mithun's movies where i have seen fans take out a rally on the first day of the show and dance on street and garland the photo during the rally.
I used to love Mithun movies.

Quote:
I must say from the west you alone are giving them a stiff competition
Thank you

Quote:
Btw, if you don't mind, can we know how much you spend on movies in a month? Ignore if you'd not like to share
Could be around 5000 bucks - havent calculated yet.

Quote:
As i love spooky movies, Phoonk is something i am not going to miss out because RGV is best at this genre
Yup - RGV is the best in this genre.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:08   #1499
Team-BHP Support

Whats Chamku all about ?
Old 21st August 2008, 16:26   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Eddy its some sniper movie it seems
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks