Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 23:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

has anybody seen the movie Shortbus
Old 16th June 2007, 01:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I also read some where that he was paid some where near 50 crores. That dosn't include the profit sharing looks like...
Yup as far as I know, Sivaji is the highest budgeted release in entire Asia till date and second in the world after Spiderman 3 . Total cost ofmovie was 120 crores and 50 crores for Rajni. Seems the role could not be carried out by any other actor except him, beats me! And even Aishwarya was rejected for the heroine role...Might all be rumours, but I had a nice time laughing, always found Rajni comical...no offence to the inhouse rajni fans
Old 16th June 2007, 11:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Yup as far as I know, Sivaji is the highest budgeted release in entire Asia till date and second in the world after Spiderman 3 . Total cost ofmovie was 120 crores and 50 crores for Rajni. Seems the role could not be carried out by any other actor except him, beats me! And even Aishwarya was rejected for the heroine role...Might all be rumours, but I had a nice time laughing, always found Rajni comical...no offence to the inhouse rajni fans
Cost of the movie is somewhere between 70-85 crores. All the corporates here in Chennai are on their toes to get 'Sivaji" tickets to their employees. For the first two weeks, 80% of the booking is from corporates. First show starts at 07.00 am in the morning and the final show is on 00.30 am next day. 1200 tickets were sold in 4.2 minutes in our office (web-booking).

His last movie "Chandramuki" did 600+ days

Rajinikanth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Few of my friends waited for 5 hrs from 20.00 hrs to 01.00 am in ticket counter before they got the tickets for 01.30 show
Old 16th June 2007, 12:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few of my friends waited for 5 hrs from 20.00 hrs to 01.00 am in ticket counter before they got the tickets for 01.30 show
All this is crazy, just for a movie

And where are these rumours coming from. Rajni took 13crores not 50. 2nd he is not a sound Indian( i thought he was) till i read in the newspaper he is a Marathi.

Quote:
always found Rajni comical
Rajni has always defied the laws of physics by catching bullets and twisting them the other way round, throwing a gun in the air and shooting the gun from another gun to make that gun fire. Two enemies to encouter with one knife and one gun, put the knife in between and shoot the knife, the bullet goes into two pieces, hail rajni
Old 16th June 2007, 13:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

From what I have read and understood - Rajni took 20 crores (excluding the profit bookings) and the movie had a budget of 60-70 crores. Also the songs were re-shot as they were leaked out on the internet.

And I was under the impression that Rajni's last movie was BABA which flopped so BAD that Rajni paid back the distributors from his own pocket. Thats one of the reasons of his popularity amongst the distributors.

Also his real name - Shivaji Rao Gaikwad and he worked as a BEST bus conductor in Mumbai before heading South. Imagine the fun people in the bus must be having while buying tickets.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:27   #36
stunnerzinc

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom was horrible. Can anyone name the blueish colored car that AB Jr. sits in? The red one is a 1950 Jaguar XKE, isn't it?

Old 16th June 2007, 14:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Ask JKDAS. He was sitting in a theatre at about 7 am this morning to watch the film.
Also ask vid6969 who like a true Rajni fan got involved in a lathi charge while waiting for tickets, took a lathi blow and STILL watched the movie.
AND returned home all pleased with himself at 4.30 am!

Never realized Rajnikant had die-hard Gujju fans!
Old 16th June 2007, 14:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Also ask vid6969 who like a true Rajni fan got involved in a lathi charge while waiting for tickets, took a lathi blow and STILL watched the movie.
AND returned home all pleased with himself at 4.30 am!

Never realized Rajnikant had die-hard Gujju fans!
lol!!! yeah went for the 10:30pm show at innovative. got lathicharged there cause of the crowd.

My friend had paid Rs.68,000 and booked one of the halls there. Even holding tickets we were lathi charged.

The atmosphere was crazy. I loved the part in which the land cruiser prado converts into a scorpio and does a stoppie with the rear wheels in the air et all. Electrifying that was.

One of the sets cost Rs.3crores.
I am now trying to eat chewing gum like rajnikant.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Rajni is GOD!

I watched the first day first show at 10.30 AM,yesterday and also watched it at 10 PM on the first day.
The movie is AWESOME! The grandeur and the quality of the movie is typical Director Shankar's. Although the movie is long at around 3 hrs +, nobody was bored at any point of time.
The movie like any Shankar's movie has a good message for the every Indian citizen .Rajni looks 20 years younger and this movie's oozes of his STYLE.
Movie goers who aren't Rajni fans will love the song videos, the plot and the movie as a package.
PS: Im watching the movie again tomorrow.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:50   #40
Team-BHP Support

The movie's budget was Rs.95 crores. His pay for the movie is Rs.40 crores.

His last movie Chandramukhi (which I also saw the day it released) is still running now 800+days.

A few people whom i know drove down to Salem yesterday at 2am for the 5am early morning first show as they dint get tickets here in bangalore.

Others have paid Rs.1500 for tickets. One of my friends has bought tickets for today and monday again. the first time to soak up the atmosphere and get a feel of the movie and the second to relive it.

edit: Nitrous lol!! your signature Sivaji- The BOSS.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
I am now trying to eat chewing gum like rajnikant.
What about the coin trick and the pen juggle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_C
Rajni's last movie was BABA which flopped so BAD that Rajni paid back the distributors from his own pocket.
THis is WHY we love him so much.
A man with a heart of gold.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous you seem to be on a roll. Are trying to get into Guinness Book of records for watching Sivaji maximum no. of times ?

@ Vid : Landcruiser turning into a Scorpio. It happens only in a rajni movie

Everyone has been raving about it here too. Maybe I should go and have a dekho .
Old 16th June 2007, 15:17   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What about the coin trick and the pen juggle?
Coin trick is too difficult to learn. Did you see the sunglasses in the later part the style how he wear it?

btw, I dint understand a word of the movie as I dont understand tamil.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Did you see the sunglasses in the later part the style how he wear it?
Sshhhhh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM
has anybody seen the movie Shortbus
Gross! I almost murdered my video rental guy for making me watch it.
Old 16th June 2007, 17:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Guys is the movie Sivaji 8055 released in Hindi too in Mumbai and in which theatres?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks