Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 15:29   #796
BHPian

Into the wild - One of the best movies i've ever seen. Watched it twice back to back! And then watched it again the next morning.

Its about Christopher McCandells, who donates his savings to charity and sets out on an adventure to Alaska, alone. Its about his experience on his way there. Beautiful picturization and awesome dialogues, and its a real life story.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:00   #797
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Angrez is an amazing movie and is not long. It is like any other normal movie. I think the run-time is about 2 hours or 2.5 hours. I am sure benny must have started watching late and couldn't complete and will finish it today.

It subsequent sequels don't have the same impact though.
Watching the remaining part of the movie 'The Angrez' left me disappointed. It had a good first half, and from then on it was all the way downhill. I had greater hopes from the movie, to say the least.

Bennyboy(TM) Rating :: **
Old 17th March 2008, 18:10   #798
Senior - BHPian

benbsb29 Guess you should watch the movie in 1 shot as it leaves you laughing atleast .
The sequels of this movie left much wanting and are not very good.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:13   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Watching the remaining part of the movie 'The Angrez' left me disappointed. It had a good first half, and from then on it was all the way downhill. I had greater hopes from the movie, to say the least.

Your rating would go to at least 4-stars if you had watched the movie in one shot. Don't even think of watching its sequels as they are bad compared to the first. I didn't like the NRI track in the movie with their fake american accent, i felt it was unnecessarily prolonged and they couldn't act for jack****

Did you know the shorter fellow NRI is the director or producer of this movie?
Old 17th March 2008, 19:24   #800
Team-BHP Support

american pie beta house and naked mile - good funny movies though i prefer the first 2 with the original stifler (the new stiffmeister just isnt as good). watch with friends please not with family.
Old 17th March 2008, 19:30   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
american pie beta house and naked mile - good funny movies though i prefer the first 2 with the original stifler (the new stiffmeister just isnt as good). watch with friends please not with family.
My brother told me about this one last evening..Need to check it out!
(of course,with friends)
Old 17th March 2008, 21:55   #802
Senior - BHPian

Mr Angrez is a rocking movie but then Hyderabadi nawabs was more of a dissapointment.

Any one watched the 3rd part - Dhamaal in Dubai ?
Old 17th March 2008, 23:39   #803
Senior - BHPian

Watched "No Country for Old Men" today, and I really didn't liked the ending. The movie built up nicely but it just lost it at the end. I was like "what the ****?" . And I just can't understand why did it get the Oscars, yes. it does have a nice beginning and it was gripping in middle but come on, how can a movie with such an ending get the best picture award.This is the kind of movie where the director ends the movie with metamorphic dialogues from an actor which may be fine with a book but not with a movie.The director probably just wanted to show how bad the world is and he has done it in a very nasty way.
Old 17th March 2008, 23:51   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
lol. Bravo. In any case it's not (TM) it's ™
Old 18th March 2008, 02:58   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Watched "No Country for Old Men" today, and I really didn't liked the ending. The movie built up nicely but it just lost it at the end. I was like "what the ****?" . And I just can't understand why did it get the Oscars, yes. it does have a nice beginning and it was gripping in middle but come on, how can a movie with such an ending get the best picture award.This is the kind of movie where the director ends the movie with metamorphic dialogues from an actor which may be fine with a book but not with a movie.The director probably just wanted to show how bad the world is and he has done it in a very nasty way.
I actually really liked the ending though I would probably have been just as happy with the movie ending with the guy running off after borrowing the shirt from the kid.

Speaking of movies that do not deserve Oscar nominations Id have to say that Michael Clayton got a lot more Oscar nominations than it deserved.
Old 18th March 2008, 06:07   #806
Senior - BHPian

Just finished off with Chicago. I actually hate musicals but Chicago was quite good. A few of the songs were a little boring but the others really helped in telling the story. Overall an excellent movie and definitely worth watching. Iv been avoiding it all these years thinking Id get bored watching it but I must say that I really enjoyed Chicago cheers:

Now Im wondering whether to watch another movie or work on a project. hmmm
Old 18th March 2008, 08:27   #807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
lol. Bravo. In any case it's not (TM) it's ™
Getting there, Sam.

- Bennyboy™
Old 18th March 2008, 11:43   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I actually really liked the ending though I would probably have been just as happy with the movie ending with the guy running off after borrowing the shirt from the kid.
Yeah, even I thought that would've been a better ending then just Tommy Lee Jones narrating his dreams and the screen went blank. One thing I could deduce from his dream is that whatever his father has done he also have done the same thing, so that means what he does doesn't change the world at all.Or something of that sort.
Haven't seen micheal clayton yet.. Next in line is Hotel Rawanda and Pursuit of Happiness. Heard good comments about these two movies.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:57   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Yeah, even I thought that would've been a better ending then just Tommy Lee Jones narrating his dreams and the screen went blank. One thing I could deduce from his dream is that whatever his father has done he also have done the same thing, so that means what he does doesn't change the world at all.Or something of that sort.
Haven't seen micheal clayton yet.. Next in line is Hotel Rawanda and Pursuit of Happiness. Heard good comments about these two movies.
If you browse through the thread youll find Hyrdashok's explanation of the ending which makes the whole thing make sense.

Hotel Rwanda and Pursuit of Happyness are BRILLIANT movies. Add Lord of War and Blood Diamond to that list as well. Id watch Michael Clayton after watching these.

Last edited by khanak : 18th March 2008 at 11:58.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:21   #810
Team-BHP Support

Leben der Anderen, Das (2006)

Its a very well made movie. German but I watched it with english sub titles.
Excellent acting and good scripting makes this a fine movie to enjoy.
Love the last scene in which the Guy says - Its for me.

Ane-eui aein-eul mannada (2006)
The movie tag line is: There isn't anything called adultery, there's only love.
Oh yes, the ending hits hard and I literally broke out laughing.
Fantastic scenary, most of the movie is a drive thru very beautiful locales.
Great music, loved the title track.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks