Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 14:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Just saw it, that was excellent Kartik, amazing work and efforts. Can i know where in Mumbai can i get it installed for my Optra 1.8, i had spoken to you before, hope you remember.
Old 20th June 2007, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
U picked up this doubt from a suzuki forum
Thanks for the inputs Nitrous. Was actually wondering if i should go in for forged internals and plan for more mod's. But what makes you say this doubt is from a suzuki forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey aditya, i would suggest you just drive that wonderful machine without being so suspicious about every mod you make. P.S. My OLD stock carb esteem takes me to 110 in 2nd gear, so what ?
Not being suspicious john. Just playin safe thats all. Better safe than sorry eh? Glad ur car is equally quick without any aftermarket mod's (i can sense some leg pulling going on here like always...) anyways get it for the next trackday. Would love to see it on the track.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th June 2007 at 17:11.
Old 20th June 2007, 22:26   #33
BHPian

Aditya, most engines can take more revs than they are factory limited to. The esteem like many other street engines are mildly stressed and going a couple of hundred revs over stock does not bring about any disastorous effects. Just as a reference, my stock esteem engine has done 3 rallies, 2 drags, and 1.5 years of engine abuse like tests at RPMs as high as 9000, ignition timing as crazy as 50 BTDC,40 ATDC, 110 BTDC, total hydrualic lock with fuel, etc all trying to obsere effects if something does go wrong...even today it works like a dream, and holds 185 psi compression .....

Forged internals are required only when you get to a point where stock is insufficient for your mods and needs..

As regards the maintaining rev limit with stock specs, incidentally on the test swift gearshifts were done at RPMs not exceeding 6700 -thats like stock- and the car was quicker. It all comes down to the engine, intake and exhaust systems.. Aftermarket ECUs increase performance by achieving optimal air-fuel ratios and ignition timing to achieve max power, they not increase airflow for a given engine,

You dont necessarily need high octane fuel on your stock or close-to-it esteem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks