Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 13:25   #466
BHPian

Re: Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for US$ 41 billion. EDIT: Acquires Twitter for $44 billion

Twitter Files Part 2: https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status...CpxYr69bcsAAAA

Typical "labels" or classifications attached to a profile which I was talking about a few posts back: https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status...12181138407425

We might have several such "files" like these. They all say the same thing - earlier leadership tried to create an Orwellian society masked as "equality for everyone" through widely popular social network, and subtly shun any and all dissidents as violent racists/ extremists so that people fear of being on the other side.
mayukh42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:31   #467
Team-BHP Support

Re: Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for US$ 41 billion. EDIT: Acquires Twitter for $44 billion

This is interesting

Blue Tag - This is a legacy verified account. It may or may not be notable.

Businesses get Gold, and the Government/ Officials - Grey with a flag
Attached Images

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:11   #468
BHPian

Freedom of speech Saar!

Context: Elon gets invited to an on-stage event. Gets booed by the crowd. Twitter is alleged to have tried to take down the video.
JithinR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:41   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Freedom of speech Saar!

Context: Elon gets invited to an on-stage event. Gets booed by the crowd. Twitter is alleged to have tried to take down the video.
It is so easy to disprove this that I don't know why people even post such fake news.

NYT/MSN et al are clearly rattled.

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for US$ 41 billion. EDIT: Acquires Twitter for  billion-screenshot_20221213_173917_chrome.jpg

Last edited by DigitalOne : 13th December 2022 at 17:44.
Old 14th December 2022, 01:11   #470
BHPian

Musk releases "Twitter files".
The left : Eerie silence.

Musk gets booed at a comedy show.
The left : This video made my day.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:34   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
It is so easy to disprove this that I don't know why people even post such fake news.

NYT/MSN et al are clearly rattled.
Actually, the imperative phrase in the article is "tried to". Even I don't expect Twitter to be able to take down every single variation/copy of the video on their platform.

Oh..there is also a reason why I added the word "alleged" in the link description. Do you want to guess why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Musk releases "Twitter files".
The left : Eerie silence.

Musk gets booed at a comedy show.
The left : This video made my day.
Don't know about you brother, but to me it comes as no suprise that laws were broken/subverted by those in power regardless of whether the politician in question calls himself left or right wing.

I won't bat an eyelid if it's conclusively proven that what most news outlets have been calling the bogey of Hunter Biden laptop turns out to be true or if it's proved that Fauci knew about gain of function research etc.

My issue is with idiots on both left and right wing who believe that politicians have their backs.

For example right wing ones who believe that a meglomaniac or a business actually cares about improving the quality of his fellow citizens lives or defending their freedom of speech.

What would make my day, perhaps if one the groupies of Elon comes back to this thread years from now when they have censored off Twitter for posting something negative about their brand new Tesla. Yep, that would definitely make my day.
Old 14th December 2022, 11:04   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't bat an eyelid if it's conclusively proven that what most news outlets have been calling the bogey of Hunter Biden laptop turns out to be true or if it's proved that Fauci knew about gain of function research etc.
On the laptop kerfuffle - this is worth a read:

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/07/...bidens-laptop/
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 11:27   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, the imperative phrase in the article is "tried to". Even I don't expect Twitter to be able to take down every single variation/copy of the video on their platform.

Oh..there is also a reason why I added the word "alleged" in the link description. Do you want to guess why?

The "people" in my post is to mean the media, not you. Sorry that I worded it wrongly. No offence meant to you.

This is a typical media story with all the wishy-washy CYA phrases like 'alleged', 'tries to delete' etc. One media organization insinuates something and all others regurgitate it with minor variations. The fact is that the original tweet showing the booing is still up.
Old 15th December 2022, 08:28   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla shares fall as investors bash Musk's Twitter focus.Link

Quote:
Tesla shares extended declines to hit their lowest level in more than two years, as investors including a "fanboy" of CEO Elon Musk lashed out at Musk's distraction from the electric car company following his buy of Twitter.

Shares of Tesla, the world's most valuable carmaker, is one of the worst performing stocks among major automakers and tech companies this year, as investors worry that Musk's Twitter buy could divert his time away from Tesla and he could offload more Tesla stocks to prop up the struggling social media company.
Musk said on Tuesday that he “will make sure Tesla shareholders benefit from Twitter long-term," without elaborating.

Even Tesla bulls and loyal fans expressed discontent over Musk's controversial tweets.

In another news:

Elon Musk Sells at least $3.58 Billion worth of Tesla shares.

Mr. Musk sold nearly 22 million Tesla shares over a three-day period ending Dec. 14

This week’s sales mean the Tesla chief executive has sold more than $39 billion in Tesla shares since the company’s stock peaked in November 2021.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th December 2022 at 08:31.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 10:51   #475
BHPian

Took about a month and 7 days.

If nothing else my man would kick ass as a politician.

Like I said before can't wait for when some groupie disses his Tesla on Twitter and gets his account suspended by overload Elon.

Oh, he also seems to have suspended the personal account of the guy running the service even though that account didn't technically violate any rules.
Attached Thumbnails
Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for US$ 41 billion. EDIT: Acquires Twitter for  billion-screenshot_2022121510453703.jpg  

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for US$ 41 billion. EDIT: Acquires Twitter for  billion-screenshot_2022121510463615.jpg  

JithinR is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 19:55   #476
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Elon suspended Elonjet which was tracking his private plane in realtime, so papparazi, Antifa and other extreme left wing nuts know before hand where his plane lands.

Yesterday one of Elon Musk children X car was followed a guy, who even threw himself on the bonnet/Hood of the Tesla in which his child was travelling.
That persons outfit matches typical Antifa outfits.

So no parent will tolerate this. Elon Musk has so many enemies from oil companies to other tradional rocket companies, to even being listed on Ukrainen hit list. Now the left and liberals especially antifa hate him.

Last edited by aim120 : 15th December 2022 at 19:56.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:15   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
That persons outfit matches typical Antifa outfits.
BLM and Antifa were practically jobless after Trump lost his presidency. Now that they have a new enemy, they can blow the dust off their masks.

I wouldn't find fault with Musk here. It is foolish to show tolerance towards the intolerant.

Last edited by dragonfire : 15th December 2022 at 20:16.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:17   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Elon suspended Elonjet which was tracking his private plane in realtime, so papparazi, Antifa and other extreme left wing nuts know before hand where his plane lands.
The information is public. You and papparazi and all others can track his jet on any number of sites that collate this sort of information - like flightradar24.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
BLM and Antifa were practically jobless after Trump lost his presidency. Now that they have a new enemy, they can blow the dust off their masks.
Just want to understand your PoV here, does this mean you consider BLM to be a frivolous cause / movement / collective?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th December 2022 at 20:38. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:33   #479
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The information is public. You and papparazi and all others can track his jet on any number of sites that collate this sort of information - like flightradar24.com.
You can't track private jets that are LADD (Limiting Aircraft Data Displayed) which FAA allows for government and high profile individuals. So flightradar24 will not show them.

You can still use transponder signals to find out the plane location but you don't know before hand where the plane is heading, atleast the average joe can't.
Old 15th December 2022, 20:42   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can still use transponder signals to find out the plane location but you don't know before hand where the plane is heading, atleast the average joe can't.
This Sweeney wasn't an average joe?

What about adsbexchange.com, if not FR24?
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks