Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 22:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

BHPians in Bangalore-Please help!

Hello,
I've been thinking about starting this tread for a while now.. Its a sincere request for help.

My brother & I live in Houston,and my folks stay in Indiranagar,Bangalore.We've been away from BLR for over 6 years now,and we get to visit India once every 1-2 years.My parents visit us every summer,so it really helps us in getting quality time with the family. Another 3 days,and my parents head back to BLR after this year's vacation with us.

There have been a few occassions when my dad has had to face untoward/totally unwanted agruments or situations with the Bangalore traffic. I'm talking about instances, when the 1st thing my mind tells me is
" I so wish I was there to help him,or face things instead of him having to go through it". Rash drivers on the road,who create a scene instead of correcting their mistakes;those who turn things around,and put the blame on the one who's actually not at fault.

I would really appreciate it,if there were a handful of TBHPians who'd be willing to pass on their info, just in case my dad/mom faces a situation where they'd need help/assistance from a good samaritan. Be it an issue on the road, or anything that they could tackle with the help of BHPians.

I'm not sure if this would be entertained in the forum, so mods please feel free to delete this tread if it is inappropriate. On the contrary, if there are BHPians who are willing to help,please do let me know. Its just the helpless feeling a son has,given that his parents have to fend for themselves,and have no one at hand to get help from.

Thank you so much!
Regards.

Nitin
Old 13th June 2007, 13:59   #2
BHPian

if anything happens ask him not to get out of the car and raise his window this is when someone bangs his vehicle into your car and put the blame on you, if they demand money ask them to come to the nearest police station...aks him not to drive late in nights near airport road, indiranagar there has been some cases where a group of three to five two wheelers circle around your can and wantingly ram into your car and they demand money if you dont pay and leave the scene they go straight to the police station and register a complaint for hit run,if it gets physical ask you dad to carry a pepper spray....can you tell me has you dad been in situations like these what does he complain most about.....the best thing to do is IGNORE be it what ever he says yells,showing signs do this

Last edited by chetan : 13th June 2007 at 14:01.
Old 13th June 2007, 13:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nitin, I dont think there is much to worry here. Your parents shouldnt react to taunts that come their way, and most such cases can be avoided.

If the need arises, i am sure there would be people to help.
Old 13th June 2007, 14:11   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nitin, have sent you a PM with the necessary details. We would be glad to help your parents out, but wish the need never arises. Take care.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thank you so much for the prompt response..
I think its been the usual traffic woes that my parents have complained about. There have been times when 'rich people' with flashy cars try to push their weight around,and for trivial issues,they spring up the names of top cops/politicians..etc.
Once, while parking our car on CMH Rd, my dad was courteous enough to make space for a car that was reversing,and as soon as the spot becomes available, an Optra comes out of nowhere and gets into the slot.
The driver didn't bother stopping,since his boss was in a hurry to get to the ATM..some silly businessman!!
And then,the owner has the audacity to tell my dad that he (my dad) can't reserve a spot.. My dad laughed right at his face,and told him that its because of morons like you that being courteous to others has a negative effect!

I'll let my dad know that he can contact BHPians when in need.
Thank you so much,folks. Its really an assurance for me,to know that I can bank on fellow BHPians when in need.

God bless you guys..

Last edited by normally_crazy : 13th June 2007 at 20:10. Reason: Excessive smiley
Old 13th June 2007, 21:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sent you a PM...blah blah blah silly word limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks