Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 13:07   #76
BHPian

Re: The Hair Transplant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this inofrmation in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
I've heard about this from my brother who stays in Qatar. Apparently, a few of his acquaintances also had positive experience from it. The oil is based out of Thailand and is widely popular in Middle East, almost like the talk of the town.

I've ordered a bottle online but they've given a delivery timeline of 3-4 weeks minimum since they ship internationally. Flipkart/Amazon has them available but I'm skeptical about buying from non-authorized stores as I've heard that there are a lot of fake bottles in market (which can be expected considering each bottle costs almost 3k). Not that I trust them completely but I'm not confident enough to get on Finasteride & Minoxidil just yet due to it's side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Yes, I was recommended the same by one of my friends who has been using the Neo Hair Lotion since last three months and the results are satisfactory.
Any leads to get them faster in India?

Last edited by logicalidiot : 30th April 2022 at 13:11.
logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:14   #77
BHPian

I was looking for a non surgical non-drug solution to baldness and I knew someone would suggest something here! I am going to try that greenwealth. I have only the last few strands of hair left on my head and will be content with a few more strands of hair. Not looking for a head full of hair.

On another note, Teambhp is seriously unbelievable!!
veyron_head is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 11:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
1. Get rid of all shampoos. ALL. Throw them out or give them away.
2. Buy organic apple cider vinegar with mother.
3. Apply to scalp without dilution. Apply generously.

10. Come back and report
This is one of the best advices i got. I suffered from chronic dandruff for 4 years and i went to the best dermatologists in the US at the University of Pennsylvania. All of them gave me increasingly toxic shampoos to get rid of the dandruff which only exacerbated the hairfall problem. When i relocated to India i spoke to a friend's mom who was a dermatologist with 30 years experience. She told me about the harm that the soap content in shampoos do and the greater damage that the so called anti dandruff shampoos do. I switched to the low soap content shampoos like pantene and johnsons baby one.

Also make sure you get a good exercise irrespective of weight. the microbes causing dandruff survive on our glucose and if the blood glucose comes down the fungi do not have anything to survive on. Also if you drink cut down on alcohol. Alcohol is know to promote the fungi growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to Deepak R for sending in the details. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
The treatment 4 is a classic example of a mismanaged hair transplant. Even though i do not comment on doctors till i see the case. The inflammation occurs when enough hygiene and care were not taken during hair transplant. That is where the centres like eugenix and darling buds have their forte. During my first transplant in hyderabad i had a lot of inflammation but with Dr.Bhatti there was none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
My Dad turned 64 this January. And if you look at him, after looking at me, you would accuse him of wearing a wig.
You are lucky to get good genetics both my paternal and maternal grand fathers were completely bald. Through them it was the turn of my father and me.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st May 2022 at 12:14. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
hondatoyotafan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 11:57   #79
BHPian

Man, why does Team Bhp give Hope even to the Hopeless.... I am 38 now and started facing a receding hairline post completing my Engineering and MPB for about 10 years now. Think i might be at Stage 5 or 6 of MPB now with Bald Patches at Front and Top and fair amount of hair growth happening at the sides and back. Since this looks very bad, i have been trimming down with Machine to number 3 or 4, to make it a bit less visible. I do not want to go for any Transplant or Medicine / Drugs due to side effects and made peace with my current situation. It also helped that mine is a Love Marriage, so i did not have to go through the embarrassment of facing rejections due to the state of my Hair....

Coming back to my predicament, i am thinking of giving the Neo Hair Lotion a try.

- Will this Neo Hair Lotion be of any help in regrowing the hair in front and top region, so the hair growth is uniform across. I do not wish long hair, just enough to cover my entire scalp will do.
- Is MPB Stage 6 too much of damage done to recover some of it using this Hair Lotion?
- Any known side effects of this Lotion?
- How many bottles are required for continuous use of 3 months, as they have recommended.
- Does this have to be applied Lifetime, or can be stopped once hair growth appears?
- For people who have experience using this, does this really work and worth it?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 13:18   #80
Team-BHP Support

Article talking about Elon Musk’s hair transplant.

https://amp.smh.com.au/lifestyle/bea...05-p5aipj.html
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 12:27   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't think I would've ever moved ahead without the stellar advice on this thread, so THANK YOU all . Reading posts from BHPians I trust cleared up a lot of doubts & gave me the confidence to go ahead with this procedure. I find it fascinating how Team-BHP offers the best advice of any platform in India, even when it's non-automotive stuff!

Eventually zeroed down on Dr. Arika Bansal @ Eugenix and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti @ Darling Buds. BHPians said one cannot go wrong with either of them. I proceeded with Dr. Arika as I found Eugenix to be extremely professional, transparent & straightforward. Had planned to visit Dr. Bhatti's clinic in Mumbai, but things moved so fast with Eugenix that I didn't end up going to Darling Buds at all.

My experience in a nutshell = I strongly recommend Eugenix. Of course, what really matters at the end of the day is the hair transplant's result and I will keep updating this thread with reports on the hair growth.

• Found Dr. Arika (Transplant Surgeon & Founder), Imran (coordinator) & their support staff / technicians to be extremely professional & friendly. I was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Arika (very humble despite her obvious success), Imran (super supportive & friendly) & Dr Somesh Janoria who assists Dr Arika (no question too small or big for him - he answers them all comprehensively). If you are going to Eugenix, I would recommend insisting on this combination of doctors.

• Mine wasn't a full-blown transplant as I'm not bald. I thought I will proactively fix my hairline. The objective was only to repair the hairline & side / temple areas. Am a sucker for aesthetics.

• Good communication was maintained at each step of the way.

• I was there till 230 AM in the morning! Hospitality was top-class, with my own lounge room and lunch from Copper Chimney. I took extra time with the design of my hairline (after all, have to wear it for life), questions & answers, pictures, understanding the procedure etc. I didn't want to split it up across 2 days so requested them to complete it the same day, no matter how long it took, and appreciate the doctors for staying back till late at night.

• The only two downsides of the hair transplant are that the anaesthesia injections really sting, and they keep giving it separately to different parts of the head. Nothing an adult can't handle, but it was quite irritating, the continuous stinging. The other downside is just sitting idle on the bed (while they perform the transplant) for ~7 hours. Luckily, there was a big TV with all the apps (Netflix, YouTube etc.), but how much TV can one watch?

• Dr. Arika did the designing, 100% of the extractions and the critical implants herself. Technicians did the rest of the work. Dr. Arika was overseeing the entire operation, and Dr. Somesh popped in as well to check on work. They were pretty much always around.

• I was given the option of not going full-bald as I only needed correction at the front & on the sides. But I still decided to, as they did say it'll be better for the surgery. Also, I wanted all hair to come back together (instead of having uneven hair on the transplanted area vs the long existing hair).

• Weirdly, everyone who's seen me bald is complimenting the bald look! Family, friends, Rehaan, everyone. Last thing you want to hear after getting a hair transplant for long hair!!! Haha.

• Went for a checkup on Monday and all looks okay . Have to take maximum precautions for 1 week = no sun, no dust, no alcohol, no big groups (infection), sleeping with my face up. Last one is a pain as I sleep really deep, sideways. So I'm using a neck pillow that Eugenix gave to keep the face up.

• Have no weakness or discomfort. Am working my usual 10-hours a day.

How my hair was. Shot last month:
The Hair Transplant Thread-0a.jpg

A closer look reveals the receding & thinning:
The Hair Transplant Thread-0b.jpg

The rough objective:
The Hair Transplant Thread-0c.jpg

The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-13.08.59.jpg

The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-13.09.01.jpg

The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-13.09.03.jpg

Fancy lounge area for rest, meals & your family:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-14.24.27.jpg

As a lover of checklists (I live my life off checklists), I couldn't help but smile upon seeing this. Even for this post, I have a checklist!
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-17.34.02.jpg

Watching an Elon Musk interview, after a meal from Copper Chimney, while the Eugenix team works on my hair:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-18.50.19.jpg

Plush:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220514-22.16.01.jpg

A post-op picture with Dr. Arika. See the time in the clock behind:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220515-02.36.53.jpg

Came back home to carefully check the hairline. Am getting a load of compliments on my bald look!
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220515-03.25.19.jpg

As a fastidious personality, I greatly respect this kind of attention-to-detail. Was handed a big bag on the way out. Among other things in it were medicines in pouches marking their frequency...
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220518-10.57.51.jpg

A spiritual / inspirational book:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220518-10.58.01.jpg

A neat to-do list:
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220518-10.58.29.jpg

Surgical caps to wear if I step out in the initial 8 days (no plans to, except driving at night):
The Hair Transplant Thread-20220518-10.58.57.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2022 at 12:40.
GTO is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Weirdly, everyone who's seen me bald is complimenting the bald look! Family, friends, Rehaan, everyone. Last thing you want to hear after getting a hair transplant for long hair!!! Haha.
Have to agree! Suits you, but of course once the new hairline has the length, it might look even better.

This is pretty useful, a friend of mine in the US is seriously thinking about coming to India to get this process done (given the high costs in the US). Sending him a link to this thread right away!
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 14:16   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...everyone who's seen me bald is complimenting the bald look! Family, friends, Rehaan, everyone. Last thing you want to hear after getting a hair transplant for long hair!!!
The beauty of having a full mop, you can always try a bald/cropped look for variety. Going by the pics, you'd look great with a close crop and shadow beard!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:38   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How my hair was. Shot last month:
Attachment 2309232
GTO I must say you have been pretty brave about this. I wouldn't ever put myself through this and even if I was cajoled, convinced, or corrupted into doing this I wouldn't have the gonads to make it public. Kudos, boss, big time.

You have not only made it public but also taken the stigma out by documenting each step in detail.

P.S. there is a picture of me (about when I was 16 or 17) wearing a "Paul Stanley" wig, a black and pink dress, lipstick, mascara, blush on and 6" heels. I think my sister has it. Thankfully there was no social media in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited by navin : 19th May 2022 at 12:00.
navin is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:03   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You have not only made it public but also taken the stigma out by documenting each step in detail.
BHPians helped me via 6 pages of comments on this thread. How could I possibly not give back to the community? Sharing is caring . Happy to help anyone else pondering the same journey. Reliable information on hair transplants is impossible to find.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:20   #86
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing is caring .
Could you also share the costs if you don't mind? And I have to agree, the bald look is really mean, that is how I used to roll a decade and a half ago.
I was at naturals for a haircut this weekend, was offered unlimited haircuts for a year for 4,999INR. For those who cut their hair really short/tight this would be VFM.

Last edited by ike : 19th May 2022 at 18:21.
ike is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 23:46   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BHPians helped me via 6 pages of comments on this thread. How could I possibly not give back to the community? Sharing is caring . Happy to help anyone else pondering the same journey. Reliable information on hair transplants is impossible to find.
Congratulations!
Now just take care to keep the face pointing up for these few days. Otherwise, you'll get a god awful swelling all over the face. Doesn't hurt, but makes one look like a bee stung dog!!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th May 2022 at 00:32. Reason: Not -> Now
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:53   #88
BHPian

@ GTO

Please do share the cost factor here if possible. Was it per graft or a lumpsum amount?
I have been in touchg with Dr Ganesh Avhad who comes recommended by my dermat out here in goa for a temple peak reconstruction.

I am contemplating on similar lines as yours and the costing part would be very helpful please.

Regards,
Manoj.
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! Is there any minimum age to get this done? Plan to do it for my son who is currently 23. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd May 2022 at 12:22. Reason: Guess you meant son there, not don! :)
Old 24th May 2022, 11:00   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
Thanks for sharing! Is there any minimum age to get this done? Plan to do it for my son who is currently 23. Thanks!
There is no minimum age but it is suggested to wait till the balding has stabilized but at the same time availability of donor area has not receded. Expert advice is needed in case of either too young or too old patients
hondatoyotafan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks